[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in mc accident

Front Row

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry M. Jones, Chief of Trauma & Burn Unit at Mercy Hospital said Roethlisberger is in serious but stable condition. He is currently in the operating room undergoing surgery for injuries received in the accident. Jones said Roethlisberger was coherent and talked to the doctors before the operation.

Good but surgery is a scary word right now for fantasy owners :D

Still don't know what to think about his injuries basedon the info. that we've received thus far.

As for the jokes, once we know that Ben is o.k., let them fly. I think I've proven many times that I can take anything that any of you want to dish out, at that point. However, making jokes before we even know his condition shows very little class in my opinion. Of course I'm going to get the man-love jokes because I'm a Steeler fan, and therefore a fan of the QB that came in and let the Steelers to a Super Bowl victory. However, my first thoughts are that I hope he is personally o.k., and then I'll start to worry about how this injury affect his football career.

As for the motorcycle thing, I don't feel like looking it up, but, I said before that I think he is foolish for refusing to wear a helmet. I don't like him riding a motrocycle either, but, it is hard to take that choice away from him. Would a helmet have helped him in this instance, I'm really not sure, as I haven't heard enough details. Roethlisberger is only 23, and like others said, he was being selfish and stubborn, and I hate to say it, but something like this was bound to happen at some point. Hopefully it will be a lesson learned.

To those that are worried about MY well-being, please know that I have more important things going on in my life right now, I'll be just fine.

Edited by Menudo

Only if he was seriously injured, which doesn't seem to be the case. Manning only missed one play after he broke HIS jaw. :D

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that Ben will be OK.

Well, it appears it isn't too serious at this time, but, that certainly wasn't known when Trots was making his jokes.

Just got this in a forwarded e-mail, but I have no initial source. So, take it with a grain of salt:

Broken jaw, severely concussed, head lacerations, missing teeth, collapsed lung, broken leg

I hope that isn't true, because, that does not sound too good to me. :D

Just got this in a forwarded e-mail, but I have no initial source. So, take it with a grain of salt:

“mentally impaired, head lacerations, missing teeth, …”

So how will we be able tell the difference between him & other PIT residents?

Edited by Bronco Billy

Hope Big Ben is ok, and not hurt too bad.

Although it is just utter stupidity to ride a motorcycle without a helmet. Just because their is no law against it doesn't mean it isn't stupid to do.

liten up frances

Whatever. Jokes when a guy is badly injured, and you don't know the outcome, regardless of your fan affiliation is in bad taste.

It appears Ben is going to be o.k., at least he isn't in a life threatening situation, once that is confirmed, let the jokes fly if you feel the need.

Maybe not great for this season but if that is the extent he will be fine by next year. He could have broken his neck.

True.

At least the Steelers will still win the Super Bowl, even if Ben doesn't play, because he is just a product of the system and a hand-off machine. :D