[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in mc accident

Front Row

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, the collapsed lung is a concern as well as the leg. If memory serves, hard contact is a NO NO when recovering from a collapsed lung. The leg 6-8 weeks by itself, but the lung may be a problem in and by itself.

Keep in mind that those injuries have NOT been confirmed.

John Clayton - he is not as bad as people are thinking. Overall, looks like he "dodged a bullet".

Wow, we are getting conflicting reports left & right......... :D

Clayton is usually pretty reliable, so I'll hope for the best.

Hmmm, the collapsed lung is a concern as well as the leg. If memory serves, hard contact is a NO NO when recovering from a collapsed lung. The leg 6-8 weeks by itself, but the lung may be a problem in and by itself.

I've done that too and it took me two or more months before I felt I was breathing completely normally again. That is not an injury with longterm effects, but certainly is limiting for a while.

Just say a scrolling thing at the bottom of the ESPN broadcast reading that his head hit the windshield of the car and was bleeding according to witnesses :D

I think we covered that back on page one.

I know Menudo won't like this, but though I don't wish ill will toward anyone, there is no way I am going to feel sorry for the guy. He was engaged in a risky situation despite being admonished by his coach. He accepted the risk when he chose not to wear a helmet. It was simply not a smart thing to do. Hopefully, he will have learned his lesson when and if he is able to return to the field.

Thankfully the kid is going to be alright, he could have broken his neck.

Whatever. Jokes when a guy is badly injured, and you don't know the outcome, regardless of your fan affiliation is in bad taste.

It appears Ben is going to be o.k., at least he isn't in a life threatening situation, once that is confirmed, let the jokes fly if you feel the need.

they have been saying he will be fine since the get go... some people use humor, all beit blue humor to deal with pain and suffering.... realax

I think we covered that back on page one.

I know Menudo won't like this, but though I don't wish ill will toward anyone, there is no way I am going to feel sorry for the guy. He was engaged in a risky situation despite being admonished by his coach. He accepted the risk when he chose not to wear a helmet. It was simply not a smart thing to do. Hopefully, he will have learned his lesson when and if he is able to return to the field.

I actually agree with your sentiments. He was being stubborn and foolish and wouldn't listen. However, he just turned 24, so, he is still young, and he didn't want to listen and felt he was invinsible. However, unlike you, regardless of the circumstances, I truly hate to see anyone get injured, and feel badly when it occurs, regardless of who it is.

they have been saying he will be fine since the get go... some people use humor, all beit blue humor to deal with pain and suffering.... realax

I'm relaxed, just have a different opinion than you on when it is time to make jokes. No big deal.

Was it not a collapased Lung that ended the Bledsoe era in NE and started the Brady era?????

It was far more than a collapsed lung, it was an anyurism(sp?) in his lung that did Bledsoe in. He had internal bleeding and he could have died.

+1

I know your a tad upset menudo, but people deal with things in different ways. You're pretty good about letting things roll off your back, just let this one go too.

Was it not a collapased Lung that ended the Bledsoe era in NE and started the Brady era?????

Well, I really liked the drafting of Omar Jacobs as Ben's future backup, in case Ben had injury problems, but, I am NOT ready for the Omar Jacobs era to start just yet !!!! :D

I've done that too and it took me two or more months before I felt I was breathing completely normally again. That is not an injury with longterm effects, but certainly is limiting for a while.

David, your starting to sound a lot like Evel Knievel. Is there any body part you haven't broken, busted, deflated or otherwise messed up?