[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in mc accident

Front Row

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's hoping he's ok.

no excuse for not wearing a helmet ...

Thanks Tonorator. I agree, no excuse for not wearing a helmet.

I'm being accused of being excited when Palmer went down, could you please confirm that was actually the opposite of what my reaction actually was.

I NEVER get excited about a player being injured....NEVER.

However, like Kid Cid said, I have to just let it go, and will try to do so.........

Obviously, this isn't a good day for any Steeler fans, so we are going to be a bit touchy.....

David, your starting to sound a lot like Evel Knievel. Is there any body part you haven't broken, busted, deflated or otherwise messed up?

Judging by the size of his gut, I'd be willing to bet he hasn't ever had any problems with his mouth.

David, your starting to sound a lot like Evel Knievel. Is there any body part you haven't broken, busted, deflated or otherwise messed up?

While I have been in accidents involving motorcycles, cars, trains and boats, I have yet to break a bone. I broke the cartilage in my trachea once. I have ripped the flesh from the top of my skull before. I have been electrocuted and bitten by a poisonous spider. I have seen the inside of my hand. I have seen the bones in my fingers. But all that milk as a kid gave me strong bones I guess.

As I type, I can see eight different scars on my hands and arms that all came from different events. I was the kid that parents don't want to have. After everything thing I have been through, I am in agreement with Bill Murray in Groungdhog Day when he says "I am an immortal" :D

But I am a professional accident victim. Don't try this at home.

True. Doesn't mean he's not a selfish idiot for putting his "fun" of riding a bike without a helmet in downtown Pittsburgh ahead of his responsibilities to his team that has paid him a lot of money to take care of his physical condition.

I think the selfishness here is coming from fans who think players should not do what other normal people do.

I don't think Roethlisberger was being selfish so much, he is just going to do what he is going to do like all of us. It does seem to be a bit short-sighted to risk so much for whatever momentary enjoyment he gets from not wearing a helmet, but that is his decision to make. One only hopes he felt the reward outweighed the risk because no one else does.

Thanks Tonorator. I agree, no excuse for not wearing a helmet.

I'm being accused of being excited when Palmer went down, could you please confirm that was actually the opposite of what my reaction actually was.

I NEVER get excited about a player being injured....NEVER.

However, like Kid Cid said, I have to just let it go, and will try to do so.........

Obviously, this isn't a good day for any Steeler fans, so we are going to be a bit touchy.....

it is confirmed. you, like me, want to see all teams put their best out there and then go for it all out. injuries take away from the game for everyone. aside from that, no one should be wishing injury on anyone or taking satisfaction when it happens. it sucks.

let it go. people are just trying to get a rise out of you (which is soooo easy to do ... :D )

Edited by tonorator

I think the selfishness here is coming from fans who think players should not do what other normal people do.

It is a tough one. He is a person just like the rest of us, he is important to his family and friends just like the rest of us. However, he is getting to do something most of us could only dream of. He also has millions of dollars commited to him. He is off to one of the most successful starts of a career as any player in history. Does he have more to lose than the rest of us ? Tough question really, the football world would mostly say yes, but, the rest of the world would mostly say no.

Edited by Menudo

I agree. I think any fan that is calling Ben selfesh, is just being shelfish themselves. That being said, he is an idiot for not wearing a helmet.

I actually agree with your sentiments. He was being stubborn and foolish and wouldn't listen. However, he just turned 24, so, he is still young, and he didn't want to listen and felt he was invinsible. However, unlike you, regardless of the circumstances, I truly hate to see anyone get injured, and feel badly when it occurs, regardless of who it is.

I don't like the implication here. I did not say I was enjoying the guy getting hurt. I'm simply saying I have no sympathy for someone who makes an ill advised decision to ride a motorcycle with no helmet. I refuse to make excuses for him. He knew the danger and chose to ignore it. This wasn't some 16 year old out for a joy ride on daddy's bike. He is a professional who has had people in his ear for quite some time telling him to stop taking the risk. Stop being so defensive.

I seriously hope he makes a full recovery and gets back on the field. I just hope he has learned a lesson here and realizes it could have been much worse.

He has to get back with no restrictions so we will be able to debate the merits of Eli vs Ben five years from now with an equal sampling. That way there will be no excuses when you have to admit Eli is the better QB. :D

let it go. people are just trying to get a rise out of you (which is soooo easy to do ... :D )

I know :D I'm even an easier target than usual right now. Rememer how you felt after Palmer went down, I'm feeling that same pain now.

I don't like the implication here. I did not say I was enjoying the guy getting hurt. I'm simply saying I have no sympathy for someone who makes an ill advised decision to ride a motorcycle with no helmet. I refuse to make excuses for him. He knew the danger and chose to ignore it. This wasn't some 16 year old out for a joy ride on daddy's bike. He is a professional who has had people in his ear for quite some time telling him to stop taking the risk. Stop being so defensive.

I seriously hope he makes a full recovery and gets back on the field. I just hope he has learned a lesson here and realizes it could have been much worse.

He has to get back with no restrictions so we will be able to debate the merits of Eli vs Ben five years from now with an equal sampling. That way there will be no excuses when you have to admit Eli is the better QB. :D

Sorry if I wrongfully implied something there, I'm a little on-edge. As for the Eli vs. Ben debates, no one seems to believe what they see anyway, so it is kind of pointless. :D

Why would Brady be there? I'm pretty sure he isn't jealous of anything Big Ben has.

He is pissed about the relationship that Ben and the Steelers apparently have with the officiating crews working playoff games...