[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in mc accident

Front Row

just curious what the "otis play" - as part of the otis play series... has to say now. :D:D

It was my mistake. I expected him to be smarter than this.

By the way, for the dude above considering selling the bike ... do it. I owned one for a couple years and it was a blast but I came close twice to eating it, the second time close enough to something serious that I decided it is just not worth the risk. I was fortunate -- I have friends who rode who were not as lucky.

Oh, and I was wearing a helmet an armored jacket. It's still not enough.

If you have a need for speed, go buy a sports car. Seriously. :D

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest word is sprained knees.

:D

Jun 12, 2006 4:22 pm US/Eastern

Sources: Ben Injured Head, Face

(KDKA) PITTSBURGH Sources tell KDKA that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger broke his jaw, fractured facial bones, suffered lacerations to the front and back of his head and sprained both his knees in a motorcycle accident this morning.

Both injuries to his knees, however, are not believed to be serious.

Roethlisberger also lost teeth in the accident.

This afternoon, doctors at Mercy Hospital reported that he was listed in "serious, but stable condition" and was undergoing surgery early this afternoon.

At this point, the hospital has not yet given another update on his condition.

Latest word is sprained knees.

:D

Jun 12, 2006 4:22 pm US/Eastern

Sources: Ben Injured Head, Face

(KDKA) PITTSBURGH Sources tell KDKA that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger broke his jaw, fractured facial bones, suffered lacerations to the front and back of his head and sprained both his knees in a motorcycle accident this morning.

Both injuries to his knees, however, are not believed to be serious.

Roethlisberger also lost teeth in the accident.

This afternoon, doctors at Mercy Hospital reported that he was listed in "serious, but stable condition" and was undergoing surgery early this afternoon.

At this point, the hospital has not yet given another update on his condition.

Was just about to report the exact same thing, which was reported on Fox News and also on a local Pittsburgh radio show by Leigh Steinberg.

Looks like we are looking at:

A few missing teeth

Broken jaw

Fractured part of his nose

Laceration on back of head

Sprained and cut up knees (not believed to be serious)

He got SOOOOOOO lucky !!!!!!!! That SOB should immediately sell his bikes !!!! :D

And he got those right after the Superbowl while he was suckling the twigs and berries of the refferee's...

I think you've used the referee joke 3 times in just this thread, what is your quota ?

Here's hoping Ben comes out of this able to live a normal life ... if he can return to the STEEEELERS, all the better, but head injuries are seeerious things, so here's hoping he's okay from that standpoint. :D

Haven't been any mentions of any serious concussions or brain trauma. I think Ben lucked out big time in this time. He really could have been killed.

Haven't been any mentions of any serious concussions or brain trauma. I think Ben lucked out big time in this time. He really could have been killed.

Why don't you write him a poem, to help him with his recovery.

I love the internets on Breaking News day. You go from nothing to killed to all his teeth knocked out to out 7-8 weeks to a scratch to whether or not he was stupid all in 5 hours. :D

Thank God for the information age.

KW2 was said to have 'sprained knees' just after his accident as well. I am sure they haven't had time to give him a proper MRI. I would not be surprised if there is a tear

The accident happened at 11:30 and it is now 5:01. I think they've had enough time to check his knees. I hope the reports are accurate....

KW2 was said to have 'sprained knees' just after his accident as well. I am sure they haven't had time to give him a proper MRI. I would not be surprised if there is a tear

I agree. www.pittsburghchannel.com reports that the knee injuries are severe but on tv the news just said the knee injuries aren't severe.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/9356067/detail.html

Roethlisberger In Surgery After Bike Crash

Big Ben's Mom Arrives At Hospital

POSTED: 11:50 am EDT June 12, 2006

UPDATED: 4:53 pm EDT June 12, 2006

Email This Story | Print This Story

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is undergoing surgery after a motorcycle accident on Monday morning, doctors at Mercy Hospital said.

Roethlisberger is in serious but stable condition, according to Dr. Larry Jones.

According to a police source, Roethlisberger suffered a broken jaw, broke his left sinus cavity, suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost many teeth and has severe injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement.

A plastic surgeon has been called in, the source said.

I am really glad that he survived the accident. He is lucky for that. I guess only time will tell if he will be able to play football again. I hope for the best!

Edited by max