[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in mc accident

Front Row

I agree. www.pittsburghchannel.com reports that the knee injuries are severe but on tv the news just said the knee injuries aren't severe.

I can't imagine that with all the other issues he is having that an MRI is top priority... sometimes football players with all/most their teeth (lacking the other injuries) do not get an MRI until like Tuesday

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local news is making it seem as though he has been in surgery all day. They are confirming the broken jaw, loss of teeth, big cut to the face and a large "gash" in the back of his head.

They are saying that there is no confirmation at this point to anything about the knees.

EDIT: pic deleted...realized it to be in bad taste at this time. Hope Ben is OK...but yeah, I REALLY think it's stupid that he chose not wear a helmet.

Guys like he and KW give everyday, average Joe motorcyclists a bad name. He was being a tool riding a Hayabusa....not wearing a helmet. No getting around that. With all that said, I REALLY hope he is OK, and recovers to play football again. Besides, I have him on my team in PnH. :D

Edited by Hitman

I've been hearing rumors of a bad skull fracture as well, possibly requiring a plate. Can anyone confirm/deny this? Hopefully that's just speculation.

Haven't heard anything about a skull fracture at this point. They just said on the news that he went into surgery just afternoon and is still in surgery at this time.

I've been hearing rumors of a bad skull fracture as well, possibly requiring a plate. Can anyone confirm/deny this? Hopefully that's just speculation.

Haven't heard anything like that yet, but looking at the picture of the windshield I wouldn't be surprised... :D

Haven't heard anything like that yet, but looking at the picture of the windshield I wouldn't be surprised... :D

And the roof of the car. It looks like a head imprint to me. :D

Most of this could've been prevented with a helmet. :D

Haven't heard anything about a skull fracture at this point. They just said on the news that he went into surgery just afternoon and is still in surgery at this time.

I imagine that they would've X-rayed him right off the bat and would've caught it around the same time that they noticed the broken jaw. Hopefully that's just a rumor.

The word that I have seen them use is large "gash" in the back of the head. No way any info like a plate for a skull fracture would have been said by anyone official even if it was true.

They are very cautious with the words at this point and Art Rooney has said that the early news is optimistic.

IMO that is a little tasteless at this point without knowing the full extent of his injuries. Just my opinion but others may disagree with me.

He just left work so... In Hitman's defense he caught that on the sport bike web site he frequents & I talked him into posting it. Neither of us wish ill will on Ben by any means, but that doesn't detract from the fact we both think he's a dumbass for not wearing a helmet. BTW they are really ripping into him on that site for just that reason.

The word that I have seen them use is large "gash" in the back of the head. No way any info like a plate for a skull fracture would have been said by anyone official even if it was true.

They are very cautious with the words at this point and Art Rooney has said that the early news is optimistic.

Just heard an updated on CNN that they had to open his skull up to relieve pressure due to some swelling he had on his brain from the impact. Supposedly this is common with head impact injuries according to the reporter on CNN.......

Prayers are with him, but I agree with most that he's an idiot for not wearing a :D !!! :D

Just heard an updated on CNN that they had to open his skull up to relieve pressure due to some swelling he had on his brain from the impact. Supposedly this is common with head impact injuries according to the reporter on CNN.......

:D

He just left work so... In Hitman's defense he caught that on the sport bike web site he frequents & I talked him into posting it. Neither of us wish ill will on Ben by any means, but that doesn't detract from the fact we both think he's a dumbass for not wearing a helmet. BTW they are really ripping into him on that site for just that reason.

I agree that his lack of good judgement not to wear a helmet was pretty dumb. I have been saying that for a year. I agree with you there.

Prayers are with him, but I agree with most that he's an idiot for not wearing a :D !!! :D

Wow :D. That can't be a good thing.

Wow :D. That can't be a good thing.

Ouch, definately not good. As much as I'd like to :D him for not protecting his head I still feel for him. :D

So Ben was on the radio in Chicago about 2 hours before the accident.

If you want to hear it here is the Link.

Its about 8 min long, there is nothing really that’s related to the accident.

The only thing he said, is how he will miss Jerome bettis. Witch is a bit weird since bettis has been keeping us abreast to the situation.

I got off the phone with a contact of mine in Pittsburgh and there is genuine concern about Big Ben's knees. The Steelers' organization is obviously going to keep the specifics private until they do all of their testing, but the word is that his knee injuries could be serious. Now, if there is swelling in his knees an MRI would be inconclusive so we may not know how long Big Ben is out until the swelling has subsided, and that might take a week or two.

Big Ben is going to be OK, and it doesn't appear that his career is in jeaporday. However his injuries could potentially keep him out for a long time. So be prepared for it.