[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in mc accident

Front Row

I hope I am wrong and have no idea what so ever if its true or not but I heard through the grapevine that he may never play again and it is more serious than there saying ..."ie news conference"

"Disclaimer this was given to me through a friend of a friends sister that works as a nurse at the hospital".

Take this information at face value as far as i am concerned...I'll watch for facts.

I'm quite surprised that there was no comment on this post by Snaggy.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He couldn't spell 'cat' if you spotted him the 'c' and the 't'."

-Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson

Well if a snowblower like Henderson says it is true, I stand corrected. (sniff)

Wow, talk about "yesterday's news" I was expecting some kind of "official" update on Ben's condition by now, but, after looking over all the sites, there appears to be nothing new. Has anyone else seen anything new on the situation ?

the only thing i heard was that his knees are not as bad as when they were reporting earlier.

Yeah, I've heard the same, but, I'd love to hear somethng official on how they determined that. Is it just by Ben telling them that they feel fine, or have they actually done an MRI or something official. Hopefully will have something more definitive by day's end.

Yeah, I've heard the same, but, I'd love to hear somethng official on how they determined that. Is it just by Ben telling them that they feel fine, or have they actually done an MRI or something official. Hopefully will have something more definitive by day's end.

You should drive to the hospital & demand they tell you. :D

Then....after you get out of jail...or the cuckoo house, you can come tell us what you have learned. :D

Wow, talk about "yesterday's news" I was expecting some kind of "official" update on Ben's condition by now, but, after looking over all the sites, there appears to be nothing new. Has anyone else seen anything new on the situation ?

The problem here is that there is no official requirement for reporting injuries until the regular season and ben's family has asked for the information to be withheld right now. I have realistic fears that we may not fully know the prognosis and scope of injuries for a while.

The problem here is that there is no official requirement for reporting injuries until the regular season and ben's family has asked for the information to be withheld right now. I have realistic fears that we may not fully know the prognosis and scope of injuries for a while.

As much as it sucks, you are probably right. :D

Nope, most people still agree that he's a moran.

Just a quick observation ...

If Ben really lost all/most of his teeth and broke his jaw and part of his sinus cavity/orbital bone, he WILL NOT be eating normal food for quite some time.

He will lose a significant amount of weight and strength.

He WILL NOT be ready for week one and may not be ready until some time around Thanksgiving simply because of the amount of weight and strength he's going to lose over the next month or so.

This is a long topic, and I didn't check every page, but has the type of bike been discussed yet?

The interviews from last year, he said that he only rides a Harley or chopper, in groups, cruising, etc.

Ben specically said he stays away from fast street/sport bikes, the type that Winslow and other athletes have had their mishaps with.

The Harley vs. sport bike is the same reasoning he gave the Steelers when the topic came up.

So, when did he move from cruising on a Harley to riding what's being reported as the fastest street bike available?

Obviously the Steelers are only concerned with his well-being at this point, but I'm curious how they feel about him being involved in this accident on a Suzuki Hayabusa after the explanation last year.

Wasn't this the same deal with Winslow? The details were worse as time went on. :D

Direct snap to FWP. Should've kept Randle-El.

Randle-El wouldn't have helped one iota in this situation. Unless someone like Kerry Collins is brought in, which, if it happens, is equal to the Steelers admitting that Roethlisberger will be out for quite sometime. I expect Batch to be the starter, unless Jacobs just absolutely blows everyone away in camp. Batch also played pretty solid football when he was in last year. He is what he is, he isn't going to blow anyone away, and the offesne is a far cry from when Ben is running the show, but, he is a veteran. I like Jacobs prospects, but, he will likely take some time. All this talk is still pre-mature, as we have no idea when Ben will be able to play, if at all, this season.

Doesn't sound like the kid's dying so I'm glad about that.

Here's my question. If you make Terry Bradshaw look smart, shouldn't you always have a helmet on, even if you are sleeping?

Football wise, I agree with muck. I don't see how he will be able to maintain adequated body weight to be ready week 1.