[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in mc accident

Front Row

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let it go. people are just trying to get a rise out of you (which is soooo easy to do ... :D )

Agreed. And the people trying to get your goat (so to speak) are the kind of people who watch the Special Olympics to see the crashes.

You just hang in there, Sparky.

It is a tough one. He is a person just like the rest of us, he is important to his family and friends just like the rest of us. However, he is getting to do something most of us could only dream of. He also has millions of dollars commited to him. He is off to one of the most successful starts of a career as any player in history. Does he have more to lose than the rest of us ? Tough question really, the football world would mostly say yes, but, the rest of the world would mostly say no.

I say he is just a human with a job just like you and me. nothing more, nothing less.what he makes for a living should not even come in to play here IMO.

This being said...how about some inside info..does Jacobs have a chance if Big Ben does not play? got him in a dynasty league and I expect he could look at least decent if he did somehow play.

Is the cop crying in the background?

Actually I believe he is playing "another one bites the dust" on a harmonica.

(sorry - could not resist)

I say he is just a human with a job just like you and me. nothing more, nothing less.what he makes for a living should not even come in to play here IMO.

This being said...how about some inside info..does Jacobs have a chance if Big Ben does not play? got him in a dynasty league and I expect he could look at least decent if he did somehow play.

With Jacobs, it is WAY too early to tell, but, the potential is there. They guy had better numbers than Roethlsiberger did in college. In his Jr. year, he had 41 TD's vs. 4 INT's :D and over 4000 yards. He had some injuries his Sr. year, but still had 25 TD's vs. 7 INT's. Befoe the injury, he was thought to be a top 3 QB in the draft after his Jr. season. He has a funky throwing motion that comes low, which could be a problem. Kid definitely has a lot of talent and potential, but, time will tell.

Any truth to the rumor that Peyton Manning was driving the car that hit Big Ben? :D

Peyton is reportedly admitting that he was driving the car but is blaming the accident on his offensive linemen... :D

Edited by spain

By Jill King Greenwood and and Karen Roebuck

TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Monday, June 12, 2006

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is in serious but stable condition and in surgery this afternoon following a serious head injury this morning after his motorcycle collided with a car on Second Avenue near the 10th Street Bridge, police said.

Roethlisberger lost most of his teeth, fractured his left sinus cavity bone, suffered a nine-inch laceration to the back of his head and a broken jaw, and severely injured both of his knees when he hit the ground, police said.

A plastic surgeon has been summoned.

"He is right now in the (operating room) undergoing some surgery from injuries he received in this accident today," said Dr. Larry Jones, chief of trauma and burns at Mercy Hospital, Uptown. ... He was talking to me before he left for the OR. He's coherent. He's making sense. He knows what happened."

Ok. He's selfish because he is so important to the rest of the team and the entire Steelers staff. If he does well, the secretaries in the front office get a little bit bigger Christmas bonus because of all the team gear and season tickets that are sold. If he has a busted head (et.al.), he's not much help to Sally Smith in accounting and her hope to take a vacation to Cancun in the spring.

He's selfish because of all the hours his teammates put in to training that will be for naught if Omar Jacobs or Charlie Batch are behind center.

Etc.

TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Monday, June 12, 2006

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is in serious but stable condition and in surgery this afternoon following a serious head injury this morning after his motorcycle collided with a car on Second Avenue near the 10th Street Bridge, police said.

Roethlisberger lost most of his teeth, fractured his left sinus cavity bone, suffered a nine-inch laceration to the back of his head and a broken jaw, and severely injured both of his knees when he hit the ground, police said.

"He is right now in the (operating room) undergoing some surgery from injuries he received in this accident today," said Dr. Larry Jones, chief of trauma and burns at Mercy Hospital, Uptown. ... He was talking to me before he left for the OR. He's coherent. He's making sense. He knows what happened."

Regardless of how it affects his football career, he is a lucky SOB, and I'm glad to hear that none of the injuries appear to be too serious. From a football standpoint, I'd say he isn't going to be seeing the field for a while. I didn't see anything about a collapsed lung or broken leg, so that could be good. All in all, it seems to be at least a decent result for Ben.

...lost most of his teeth?

How about those endorsement dollars...

Where's the flushing graemlin?

Did you ever wonder why 99.9% of Hollywoods Royalt have perfect teeth? Big Ben can buy a new set of choppers no problem. That's the least of his worries.

Roethlisberger lost most of his teeth, fractured his left sinus cavity bone, suffered a nine-inch laceration to the back of his head and a broken jaw

Reportedly the Penguans are now interested in Big Ben

This sounds like no 2006 season to me. The knees are obviously a bad thing. He has had to have his jaw reconstructed? Just seems no way anything this year to me. But by next year he should recover I would think.

TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Monday, June 12, 2006

Regardless of how it affects his football career, he is a lucky SOB, and I'm glad to hear that none of the injuries appear to be too serious. From a football standpoint, I'd say he isn't going to be seeing the field for a while. I didn't see anything about a collapsed lung or broken leg, so that could be good. All in all, it seems to be at least a decent result for Ben.

Depends what "severely injured both of his knees" means. Maybe Kimo was driving the car........

TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Monday, June 12, 2006

I don't know, the "severly injured both knees" is a little disturbing. Broken Knee-Caps?? How bout the ligaments??? Sorry for the tough week buddy-hang in there brother-Peace PD.

I'm a little concerned by the "severely injured both knees" remark. Part of Ben's success came from is ability to move out of the pocket and create on the run. If his mobility is impared it takes away part of his game.

EDIT TO ADD: I think there is an echo in here. :D

Edited by smithkt

I'm a little concerned by the "severely injured both knees" remark. Part of Ben's success came from is ability to move out of the pocket and create on the run. If his mobility is impared it takes away part of his game.

EDIT TO ADD: I think there is an echo in here. :D

Agreed.