[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miami Heat

thecerwin

Well I'm glad Miami won it :D. Wade is an amazing player, but I don't think they would be where they are without the help of Shaq either.

I'm glad that Cuban didn't pitch a fit after his team lost, he came on the floor clapping and congratulating his losing team, good move.

Edited by Flip_Side

Props to a likable team and my main man GP for finally getting a ring.

Yes indeed, although he was arguing with the ref instead of catching a pass. :D But, after all the amazing years he had for the Supes, this was good to see even though he is only a shadow of his former self as an NBA player. The Mavs had no business winning this series, they had better all around talent but clearly not the moxy of the Heat.

On the plus side, at least two other teams in the last 29 years have started 2-0 only to lose 5-2. So it is not like they are the biggest chokers in the world... at least not alone... doh....

I also dare anyone to name an owner that has been fined more than Mark Cuban, so at least Dallas has that superlative working for it...

i was hoping shaq would give a shout-out to kobe. oh well.

however, in the interview right after the game, shaq said riley was the best coach he's ever played for. somewhere, phil jackson threw one of his nine rings at the tv screen.

I was pulling for the Mavs since I feel Reilley basically swiped Van Gundys team when he saw a chance to win another title.

Not a NBA fan but Dallas is my favorite team. I thought they would win it after those first 2 games but they simply had no answer for Dwayne Wade. I never really saw Wade play before the finals. :D How did he not get league MVP this year? He is incredible! Congrats to Miami on a well played and entertaining series.

Props to Miami, they proved that they were the better team and that they had the better superstar on their side (might I add that they had TWO).

Are you counting Shaq and Wade or... Alonzo and Payton?

I was pulling for the Mavs since I feel Reilley basically swiped Van Gundys team when he saw a chance to win another title.

Hard to say what happened with Van Gundy, but in all fairness to Riley, he orchestrated the deals to bring those guys to Miami. So, it was as much his team as anyones, IMO.

Hard not to be happy for the Heat. I love Shaq; Wade made the leap; and props to Zo for getting a ring--the man is a warrior.

Hard to say what happened with Van Gundy, but in all fairness to Riley, he orchestrated the deals to bring those guys to Miami. So, it was as much his team as anyones, IMO.

Hard not to be happy for the Heat. I love Shaq; Wade made the leap; and props to Zo for getting a ring--the man is a warrior.

Good points about Riley.

Taking a step back and trying to view all of this objectively here is my thoughts.

Shaq is getting near the end of his career, not really happy or unhappy for him but he's a decent guy and really wasn't a huge factor in this run. His ego may not fit in his home now, he may have to build an addition.

Wade: Amazing talent and finisher. Yeah he gets some calls but most 2's and 3's that are superstars will get calls. He show's up in the 4th. Wish the Pistons would have drafted him. :D

Rest of Heat: Not a big fan of Zo, JWILL or Twan, Posey and Payton are ok, so all in all I am ok with Miami winning it all even though they are one of the Piston's biggest rival and it's always hard to see your rival win it.

From the Dallas perspective I'm a big fan of Dirk's and Stack from his old Piston days so for them alone I was hoping they could win it all. That said even though I don't mind Cuban I am somewhat glad he didn't win it. I love his passion for the game though.

I doubt I'll watch another NBA game on TV ever again. The officiating in games 5 and 6 made Bill Leavy and his crew look good. They constantly protected Shaq, and bailed out Wade. Don't get me wrong, Wade is a great player, but when they are constanlty bailing him out on these drives, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. In game 5 he got to the line more than the entire Mavericks team did. Can anyone honestly say that Dirk fouled Wade when the refs bailed him out with less than a minute to go and the game on the line? I may go to some games just to take in the expereince, but I think I may have watched my last televised NBA game.

I doubt I'll watch another NBA game on TV ever again. The officiating in games 5 and 6 made Bill Leavy and his crew look good. They constantly protected Shaq, and bailed out Wade. Don't get me wrong, Wade is a great player, but when they are constanlty bailing him out on these drives, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. In game 5 he got to the line more than the entire Mavericks team did. Can anyone honestly say that Dirk fouled Wade when the refs bailed him out with less than a minute to go and the game on the line? I may go to some games just to take in the expereince, but I think I may have watched my last televised NBA game.

That's how us Piston fans felt for two series in a row, 1st against LBJ and then against Wade. Not a reason we lost as we just boned it in the playoffs but I know the feeling watching 4th qtr games and Wade / LBJ knowing that if they drive they'll more the likely get the call unless it's a blatant charge and then that would be a 50/50 call either way.

Can anyone honestly say that Dirk fouled Wade when the refs bailed him out with less than a minute to go and the game on the line?

No question that Wade fooled the refs into giving the foul. He basically fell into Nowitzki and then threw himself to the ground. I can't help thinking it was very much a case of the biter bit, though.....basketball needs no lessons from soccer in the diving expertise area.