[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How far do you stick it in and how many times a week to do you clean them?

cliaz

The wife has her own business (alternative health, essential oils, aroma therapy, massage, etc) and one of the things she does is ear candling. She uses a special hollow linen candle and lights one end. Then she puts the other end (duh) in the ear and the vacuum draws all kinds of crap out of your head. It's fairly common if you're into alternative healthcare.

Of course, she's crazy.

:D

Dam....that reminds when we had to do a demo in HS speech class, and a bud of mine (Kenny) was doing that exact same thing. He said it was his grandma's 'ear wax remedy from Italy'. The teacher was in the back of the room watching Kenny cut the linen, melt the parafin, wrap the wax soaked linen around a pencil to shape it. When he got a voluteer from the class to try it and proceeded to stick this thing in the other guy's ear, the teacher, who was about 5' tall @ 275#'s, in one leap made it to the front of the room to stop him. :D

Q-tips don't really clean out the ears, they just compact the wax farther back into the ears, and they can cause serious damage.

When I was in college, I was in the dorm cleaning out my ears while walking around. My roommate opened a door, that hit my elboy causing the Q-tip to puncture my ear drum. That was 10 or 11 years ago.

About three years ago, I went in for a physical and the doctor looked into my ears and said you use Q-tips don't you? I say yes. He then gets this long shiny thing with three little pincher on it, and stick it in my ear and pulls out a glob of wax the 3/8" in diameter and says don't use them they just pack the wax, and it can result in reduced hearing unless I stick this thing in your ear every few years. (Did I mention it hurt like hell when he stuck that metal thing with pinchers in my ear?)

Now I still use Q-tips, but not really to clean the ear out, but to scratch an itch. Of course when I do use them, I stick them in as far as I can bare it.

I say phooey. My ears, nose and throat Dr. said I have fantastic looking ears with no wax build up. I asked him about the whole Q-tip thing and while he agreed that you shouldn't stick them down there he said that I was okay but suggested for me not to do that. I'm sorry but it feels way too good.

The wife has her own business (alternative health, essential oils, aroma therapy, massage, etc) and one of the things she does is ear candling. She uses a special hollow linen candle and lights one end. Then she puts the other end (duh) in the ear and the vacuum draws all kinds of crap out of your head. It's fairly common if you're into alternative healthcare.

Of course, she's crazy.

Dang, she sounds hot. :D

I say phooey. My ears, nose and throat Dr. said I have fantastic looking ears with no wax build up. I asked him about the whole Q-tip thing and while he agreed that you shouldn't stick them down there he said that I was okay but suggested for me not to do that. I'm sorry but it feels way too good.

Try taking one of those vibrating back massagers and putting it on your ear. (No, not a vibrator in the ear, you naughty thing!) Makes you want to shove an icepick in there.

I never use q-tips because I have an overabundance of ear wax. Dr. says some people produce more than others and I happen to be one of the unfortunate souls. It a real PIA. My ears will clog up about every 3 months so I have to get the hydrogen peroxide and fill one ear at a time with my head tilted like some mustard.

Then I flush it out with luke warm water using one of those turkey baster type things. You should see the chunks of sh*t that come out. :D I was so clogged up once I had to go to the Dr. to get it cleared out.

It hurt like hell as he ended up pulling a gumball sized chunk out. This is what I have to live with. Dr. says

it's not that I'm dirty, just that I produce alot of ear wax. It sucks basically. :D

I asked my ear, nose and throat guy about the 'candling' last year. He said it is unnecessary and recommends against it.

Of course he would! :D

He's part of the medical/pharmaceutical industry that's trying to keep us afflicted and sickly so we will forever be biden to their drugs.

According to my bride.

Did I mention she's crazy?

I never use q-tips because I have an overabundance of ear wax. Dr. says some people produce more than others and I happen to be one of the unfortunate souls. It a real PIA. My ears will clog up about every 3 months so I have to get the hydrogen peroxide and fill one ear at a time with my head tilted like some mustard.

Then I flush it out with luke warm water using one of those turkey baster type things. You should see the chunks of sh*t that come out. :D I was so clogged up once I had to go to the Dr. to get it cleared out.

It hurt like hell as he ended up pulling a gumball sized chunk out. This is what I have to live with. Dr. says

it's not that I'm dirty, just that I produce alot of ear wax. It sucks basically. :D

I can honestly say i've never been so turned on in all of my life.

At least a few times a week. And I know you aren't supposed to do it. I justify it because I twirl the qtip, thus not just packing the stuff in. :D I've had to have the doc do the peroxide thing...makes me dizzy. One doc I knew used to put warm water into one of those water pik machines and use that. The ENT I used to take one of my clients to had a vacuum machine he used. :D

The Q-Tips aren't so much for removing ear wax, they just soak up and remove the extra water from the shower. Nothing drives me crazy like walking around with wet ear canals. No doctor can convince me to quit "drying" my ears......

The best way to remove wax from your ear is to stick the hose from your vacuum cleaner up to your ear to suck out all of the junk.

I have actually invented an attachment that connects to the vacuum tube for just this purpose. (the attachment also works to remove items from people's throats when they are choking)

Edited by wiegie

The best way to remove wax from your ear is to stick the hose from your vacuum cleaner up to your ear to suck out all of the junk.

I have actually invented an attachment that connects to the vacuum tube for just this purpose. (the attachment also works to remove items from people's throats when they are choking)

This is a fine idea. :D

The Q-Tips aren't so much for removing ear wax, they just soak up and remove the extra water from the shower. Nothing drives me crazy like walking around with wet ear canals. No doctor can convince me to quit "drying" my ears......

This is the same as me for years and years... then I got a nasty, nasty ear ache, doc said it was my qtip usage. I got better, started using them again daily, boom, got another ear ache the next year. Doc said you remove the good bacteria, and the bad take hold, and once you get an ear ache, its easier to get them again.

I have cut down to about once/week, it was tough habit to break, but the ear aches aren't worth it.

Now ask me about the ingrown toenail I cut out myself every 8 months or so.

I can honestly say i've never been so turned on in all of my life.

If you want cliaz, next time I do the erotic ear cleaning, I can send you a big chunk of wax. If you give me your address I'll overnight it to you. :D