[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Court date tomorrow

KevinL

OK gang I am asking for your prayers again. The final (I think) court dates are Tuesday 7/31 and Thursday 8/2.

No real change here. Pray for what's best for the kids. (I think living with me would be best for them, obviously).

For those that may be new to the situation: I have 3 kids, ages 10, 9, and 6 1/2. I have been separated / divorced from their mother for 6 years. We have shared parenting but they go to school where she lives. For the first 5 years she lived in our original home and I lived about 6 miles away, next town over. Visitation (every other weekend PLUS 2 school nights every week, total of 6 nights out of 14) was simple and easy.

Meanwhile I met my new wife and remarried, she also has 3 kids and we have a baby together, 7 in all.

Well last August, my ex-wife decides to move about 45 minutes away, where she grew up and her older son from her 1st failed marriage (HS drop out drug user) lives.

Court battle has taken all year, we have a Guardian Ad Litum (GAL) and all that stuff.

Basically I want time with my kids, during the week. Shared parenting is fine, but she lives too far away. The move was her decision and did not benefit the kids in any way.

Kids are torn, they want time with both parents but don't want to switch schools (again). My 9 year old daughter has actually developed a rash this summer (that may be stress related) and she has a headache whenever she is with her mother. (Mother is a nurse, so this gets the daughter extra attention of course).

OK that summary was too long, I'm not here to discuss the merits / strategies of the case, just to ask for your support and encouragement.

Thanks, KevinL

Edited by KevinL

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Kevin. After reading your blog you linked to a couple of months ago, I was very impressed with how much energy you put into your kids. Especially given the fact you work two jobs.

Thanks. The family blogs are kind of on hold, don't want to give the other side any info they might be able to use. The pizza one is fun though and I update it almost daily.

My ex wanted to move to another state entirely for a new job she was considering and like you with your kids, my son with her means a great deal to me and I threatened to take her to court to sue for custody - which I would have done. Fortunately I think the prospect of a custody battle caused her to not pursue the job.

In Indiana anyway, as the custodial parent, yes, you do need permission from the other, but it's also not too hard to get a court to side with the moving parent.

I am firmly in your corner on this, but I could easily see this go against you. Men almost always get the short end of the stick on these things.

Good luck. Im interested to hear how this turns out.

Best of luck with this Kevin, I will say a prayer for you and kepp my fingers crossed. I will be happy when my son turns 18 next September 27th (not you either Seminoles :D) so he can live with me and my new wife full time.

Best of luck Kev! I obviously don't know the mother of the kids but I've gotten to know you a little bit the last couple of years and it's hard to imagine how three young children could be better off living anywhere else but with their father. :D

I have been there and done that, i am in your corner Bro!

Best of luck Kev! I obviously don't know the mother of the kids but I've gotten to know you a little bit the last couple of years and it's hard to imagine how three young children could be better off living anywhere else but with their father. :D

Yeah wasnt that one hell of a 3way we had a month ago or so? :D