[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Court date tomorrow

KevinL

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little slow here, bear with me....didn't she already move out of the school district?

Yeah a year ago. This new clause applies to the current school district of each of us, respectively. Without it, there was nothing to prohibit her from moving further again, (within Ohio).

Kind of a "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, won't get fooled again"

Edited by KevinL

Yeah a year ago. This new clause applies to the current school district of each of us, respectively. Without it, there was nothing to prohibit her from moving further again, (within Ohio).

Kind of a "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, won't get fooled again"

hmmm, I thought she was going to have to move back to the old school district. :D

This ruling actually has a downside because even if you wanted to, you couldn't move closer to your kids and your wife, even if she wanted to, couldn't move the kids closer to you. (unless those moves are allowed in the actual ruling that came down but that you didn't post them here for the sake of brevity)

hmmm, I thought she was going to have to move back to the old school district. :D

This ruling actually has a downside because even if you wanted to, you couldn't move closer to your kids and your wife, even if she wanted to, couldn't move the kids closer to you. (unless those moves are allowed in the actual ruling that came down but that you didn't post them here for the sake of brevity)

I said it was the short version.

Parties cannot relocate the children from the current school district, unless it makes the distance between the 2 homes shorter, unless they have approval of the other party or the courts.

• 1 year later...

Very surprised I haven't posted in this topic for almost 2 years.

Anyhow, middle daughter (11 finishing 5th grade) has decided she wants to live with me and her mother agrees! Child support will be cut by 1/3 (should be 2/3, 1/3 that I don't have to pay her and 1/3 that she does have to pay me, but I don't want her money).

There will be a big adjustment for us all but this is great news! I wanted to share (for those that have been following along).

Anyhow, middle daughter (11 finishing 5th grade) has decided she wants to live with me and her mother agrees! Child support will be cut by 1/3 (should be 2/3, 1/3 that I don't have to pay her and 1/3 that she does have to pay me, but I don't want her money).

There will be a big adjustment for us all but this is great news! I wanted to share (for those that have been following along).

Good to hear and the fact that she chose to live with you speaks volumes. Knowing from experience that is an extremely tough decision regardless of the relationship between you & your parents. :wacko:

Edited by rajncajn

Child support will be cut by 1/3 (should be 2/3, 1/3 that I don't have to pay her and 1/3 that she does have to pay me, but I don't want her money).

Congrats Kevin, that's great.

As far as the child support is concerned, what should happen is that you calculate how much you would be paying for two children and how much she would be paying for one and then take the difference of that for your child support obligation. You might have your attorney calculate that and see if it helps you or hurt you.

Really happy to hear that Kev.

Too often you hear of good Dads that get screwed over in these types of situations. I suppose it has much to do with the ex as well but in the end it's nice to see the good guy win.

• 2 months later...

Well after me filing the motion, meeting together twice with the magistrate, and setting a final hearing with the judge, the ex called me tonight to say she has changed her mind, she is backing out of the agreement.