[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Court date tomorrow

KevinL

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My current wife (the stepmom) was on the stand for 2 hours today and she did AWESOME. Ex-wife's lawyer is really not doing well. Lawyer, wife, and I, and even the GAL agree, his cross examination helped us more than it hurt us.

I'm feeling guardedly optimistic. Thanks for the prayers (especially) and well wishes, keep it up!

My current wife (the stepmom) was on the stand for 2 hours today and she did AWESOME. Ex-wife's lawyer is really not doing well. Lawyer, wife, and I, and even the GAL agree, his cross examination helped us more than it hurt us.

I'm feeling guardedly optimistic. Thanks for the prayers (especially) and well wishes, keep it up!

I didn't clarify but that's the only witness today. Next is all day Thursday starting at 10 AM.

Short version:

The case is over, we didn't win, but we didn't lose much and we're actually better off in some ways than before.

Changes are:

Kids now have 1 school night overnight with me per week (was 2)

Kids now have 3 weekends with me per month (was every other)

Summer is now 50-50 (was same schedule as school year, 60-40 with mom).

Child support is lowered from $1100 to $750 per month.

Have a clause that neither of us can move out of the school district.

THANKS for all of your prayers & support.

Well, it only took a freaking year, but I'm glad this mess is finally over for you and your kids. It seems to me that you and your kids "won" overall. Of course, you didn't get everything that you were hoping for, but the key thing is that your kids will be close and will still be spending a lot of time with you. I wish all of you all of the best! :D

Well, it only took a freaking year, but I'm glad this mess is finally over for you and your kids. It seems to me that you and your kids "won" overall. Of course, you didn't get everything that you were hoping for, but the key thing is that your kids will be close and will still be spending a lot of time with you. I wish all of you all of the best! :D

Well said.

+2. Glad to hear it's over Kevin. The stress of the whole ordeal is behind you, and remember your kids can choose where they live at 13.

I guess that's about the best you could expect. Not a bad arrangement considering the circumstances of how far away she lives.

Good job keeping at it. It's not a fun process for sure.

Short version:

The case is over, we didn't win, but we didn't lose much and we're actually better off in some ways than before.

Changes are:

Kids now have 1 school night overnight with me per week (was 2)

Kids now have 3 weekends with me per month (was every other)

Summer is now 50-50 (was same schedule as school year, 60-40 with mom).

Child support is lowered from $1100 to $750 per month.

Have a clause that neither of us can move out of the school district.

THANKS for all of your prayers & support.

I wish you would have won, but I'm glad things are settled now at least. Hope that this all is what really is best for the kids.

The extra weekend is awesome, but too bad you lost the weekday. Plus an extra $350 per month in your pocket can't be bad.

I wish you would have won, but I'm glad things are settled now at least. Hope that this all is what really is best for the kids.

The extra weekend is awesome, but too bad you lost the weekday. Plus an extra $350 per month in your pocket can't be bad.

agree