[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush looks like he's in trouble

Swiss Cheezhead

More details will come soon, I'm sure, but I'll just relay what ESPN just reported as "breaking news"...

Apparently, an investigation of some sort has concluded that Reggie Bush (and his family) accepted over $100,000 from his agent(s) while in college. He's been contacted, but refuses to comment.

The marketing agent guy denied wrongdoing.

USC could be sanctioned and Bush could get his Heisman revoked.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another Jason Cole headline. What does this guy have against Reggie Bush? Does he actually think that Bush is the only player ever to have recieved money or gifts? Is this really such a big story as compared to the other guys who have/are accepting money or does Cole just have it out for Bush? I mean, look at the page... "Reggie Bush Investigation"...as if the guy did something criminal. I've really got to wonder why Cole is making such a big story out of this & continues to dig to find the "truth". At first I thought maybe he was just looking for notoriety, but maybe he has other reasons. :D

If anyone remembers when NCAA Division I programs were honorable, reputable and filled with student-athletes who only wanted to represent for the University, I want to know what anti-aging drugs you are taking. As with the Clinton-Lewinsky thing, the shame for USC is not what was done, the shame is that even with everything rigged in your favor you weren't able to keep it under wraps!

If anyone remembers when NCAA Division I programs were honorable, reputable and filled with student-athletes who only wanted to represent for the University

Didn't exist.

Players got special treatment "back then" as well. The further back you go in time, the more the special treatment occured (certain families, financial status, segregation of color, child of a coach, alumni offspring, etc.). Many got a free ride back then as well in regards to scholarships and not needing to go to class... just show up on gameday.

It just seemed to be more honorable due to the intimate ties to the community. Players were more "home grown" than today.

Many got a free ride back then as well in regards to scholarships and not needing to go to class... just show up on gameday.

George Gipp was a good example of this - I don't think ND had a "Pool Sharking 101" class, at the very least.

Well, the theory is that a free education is the compensation. Ok, fair enough, as far as it goes. But as has been said before, the desire of the hometown boosters has always been there as have been those to accept a few 'extras' here and there. If anyone was serious about enforcing the 100% amateurness of NCAA f-ball, it would have happened ages ago. It's a "wink-wink nudge-nudge system" that's been there from very close to it's inception, and the universities are not about to change that...as far as paying the kids to play, officially like with taxes and all, gonna have to start an NFL farmsystem for that, no way the NCAA will do that.

Well, the theory is that a free education is the compensation. Ok, fair enough, as far as it goes. But as has been said before, the desire of the hometown boosters has always been there as have been those to accept a few 'extras' here and there. If anyone was serious about enforcing the 100% amateurness of NCAA f-ball, it would have happened ages ago. It's a "wink-wink nudge-nudge system" that's been there from very close to it's inception, and the universities are not about to change that...as far as paying the kids to play, officially like with taxes and all, gonna have to start an NFL farmsystem for that, no way the NCAA will do that.

I dont follow Baseball. But why can baseball players get drafted and still play college ball if I am correct? :D

I dont follow Baseball. But why can baseball players get drafted and still play college ball if I am correct? :D

Dont follow the baseball much either but they can be drafted and not sign and continue to play college ball-the Tigers' first round draft choice did that as he was drafted previously but didn't sign with the team that took him. I beleive once they take the cash and sign a contract, then it's off to farm club and no more college baseball but if anyone out there follows college baseball they might be able to correct me if I'm wrong.

Reggie didnt deserve the Heisman anyway, this is a chance to give it to Vince who should have won it anyway. SC should forfeit those wins, and give back the money from the BCS game. I dont know how this program continues to get away with this sort of stuff without sanctions.

Here you :D:D go again ....... 55-19 :lol:

Why don't they just pay the players? Everyone else is making insane amounts of money on their backs, so pay them.

I'd rather see them allow the players to get endorsement deals with the college getting a sizable cut, that way everybody wins.

I'd rather see them allow the players to get endorsement deals with the college getting a sizable cut, that way everybody wins.

You dont; think it should be spread around to each member of the team? :D