[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beer: what's your day-to-day and/or favs

BeeR

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do. Actually had 2 at lunch and another 2 this afternoon while driving deer to a buddy. :D Not that many people recognize the Yuengling name though. Although, it is getting some wider distribution.

Went to college in PA and love Yuengling, decent beer at a good price. Can also find it in Southern NY as well.

Not that many people recognize the Yuengling name though. Although, it is getting some wider distribution.

Probably the best bang/buck beer around.

Sam Adams Light is in the fridge now.

Can't speak to lite but Sam Adams lager is one another hideously overrated beer IMO. You want good USA beer stick to Penna for stuff like Yuengling and Genny. :D

Saranac is a real hit n miss - some I think good (like the belgian ale) some nasty.

Busch Light. 30 pack for $12.99.

And before all you beer snobs start snickering behind your bottles of micro brews, know that I used to be one of you, until I came to the following realization:

By virtue of paying less for my beer, I can drink more. And when it come to beer, isn't that the goal: to be able to drink more?

Yes I say, Yes. :D

Amen Chief Dick :bash: .

Born and raised on Busch Light 30-packs since I was 16. Now don't get me wrong, I like a nice Newcastle or Stella from time to time, and have even been a fan of Bud Select as of late.

But I am a Busch Light diehard and dare I say I would even contemplate getting a tattoo of the Busch Light logo on my arm I love it so much :D .

Can't speak to lite but Sam Adams lager is one another hideously overrated beer IMO. You want good USA beer stick to Penna for stuff like Yuengling and Genny. :D

Saranac is a real hit n miss - some I think good (like the belgian ale) some nasty.

Sam Adams Light is different from the original. Good, clean taste. It tastes more like a Canadian beer.

Can't speak to lite but Sam Adams lager is one another hideously overrated beer IMO. You want good USA beer stick to Penna for stuff like Yuengling and Genny. :bash:

Have the Saranac 12 beers of christmas chillin' and waiting for me to get home from work tonight. :D Probably not the only thing in my house that will be chilly when I get home. :D

• 2 years later...

I must say, I was recently on the East Coast and got to try Yuengling - good stuff.

My buddy attempted to turn me to Baltimore's local fave, Natty Bo, but it tastes like chilled horsepiss.

still have my old staples in my fridge (paulaner, franzikaner, and hoe), but i'll mix up the others i carry..... big fan of the whole blue moon line (have some full moon in there now), and i usually have some new belgium brew in there.

Edited by Bier Meister

I must say, I was recently on the East Coast and got to try Yuengling - good stuff.

My buddy attempted to turn me to Baltimore's local fave, Natty Bo, but it tastes like chilled horsepiss.

i've had some bad yuengling recently - skunky or such. Normally a good everyday beer.

My favorite is Fat Tire. Never seen it on the East Coast, but was able to buy some recently near Charlotte NC. Can't wait for it to get to NY

There is a good new brewing company called Furthermore from Black River Falls WI - good stuff. Probably only available in WI and maybe MN at this point.

I don't have a go-to beer any more. I seem to buy different brewery's stuff in spurts. I was on Flying Dog's jock for a while last year, then Magic Hat and now I'm buying everything Bell's has to offer. I'm still happy to drink any of those but with so many different beers left to try, I keep switching it up.

A few years ago I tried a different beer every weekend for a few months in search of my new go to beer. My search ended when I discovered Smithwicks. I love that beer . During my search I also enjoyed Stella a lot and Cherry Wheat from Sam adams which I have had in the past. The only thing with Cherry wheat is you cant drink too many of them . The good taste of them wears off after a few and they get a little heavy.

One beer I hated in my search was Brooklyn Lager.

Edited by whomper

I don't have a go-to beer any more. I seem to buy different brewery's stuff in spurts. I was on Flying Dog's jock for a while last year, then Magic Hat and now I'm buying everything Bell's has to offer. I'm still happy to drink any of those but with so many different beers left to try, I keep switching it up.

Actually I ripped on Flying Dog in the OP but bought a 12 pack "mixer" awhile back and liked it. I also like Magic Hat's #9 but the rest are IMO pretty weak.

I've also been mostly bouncing around between beers, trying diff stuff or stuff I haven't had in awhile. If nothing grabs me, Moosehead and Yuengling are good old reliables (esp in a bang/buck kind of way) and if nothing else can't go wrong with an English beer. Oh I also tried "Bavarian" beer the other week. Surprised how bad it sucked.

Edited by BeeR

There is a good new brewing company called Furthermore from Black River Falls WI - good stuff. Probably only available in WI and maybe MN at this point.

wurd up i like "make weight " or something like that, and there is another one" Fatty" i tried that was good also

wurd up i like "make weight " or something like that, and there is another one" Fatty" i tried that was good also

Fatty Boombalatty - Belgian-type white with a hoppy bite - the label says it is "dangerously drinkable" and it does not lie.

Attempting to read this stuff is great. It's as if it's written in a foreign language. :wacko::D