[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sylvester Stallone aka Rocky..

aterry1979

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a huge fan of the guy but does it seem like hes wearing a rubber mask for some reason? Might be me :D

Sylvester had a few too many facelifts.

BTW, does anyone else other than me think that it is ridiculous that he is making another Rocky film? In the theater I was joking with my friend that his upcoming "Rocky Balboa" movie should be a 2 hour long infomercial with Sylvester hocking the "Rocky Balboa Grill". :D

BTW, does anyone else other than me think that it is ridiculous that he is making another Rocky film? In the theater I was joking with my friend that his upcoming "Rocky Balboa" movie should be a 2 hour long infomercial with Sylvester hocking the "Rocky Balboa Grill". :D

When I first heard about the new movie, I originally heard rumors that he was supposed to be a "coach" for his son, who was going to start a career in boxing. I guess the tables has turned and so has his love handles

BTW, does anyone else other than me think that it is ridiculous that he is making another Rocky film? In the theater I was joking with my friend that his upcoming "Rocky Balboa" movie should be a 2 hour long infomercial with Sylvester hocking the "Rocky Balboa Grill". ;)

:huh::lol::(

:D:D:bash:

:clap::tup::doh:

Funny how Philly puts Rocky a NON fighter as a city hero who has done absolutely nothing in the ring and forget that Joe Frazier is a native of Philly and put on some of the best fights in American history. They even have a bronze statue of an ACTOR with boxing gloves. I wonder why that is? The great White hope syndrome I suppose! :D

Sorry Joe, you were the best and it's a tragedy that Philly doesn't honor you over an actor who couldn't fight to save his life.

Funny how Philly puts Rocky a NON fighter as a city hero who has done absolutely nothing in the ring and forget that Joe Frazier is a native of Philly and put on some of the best fights in American history. They even have a bronze statue of an ACTOR with boxing gloves. I wonder why that is? The great White hope syndrome I suppose! :D

Sorry Joe, you were the best and it's a tragedy that Philly doesn't honor you over an actor who couldn't fight to save his life.

as a philly native i agree 100%

there was a big debate as to where to put the statue the art museum originally didnt want it thats why it was placed at the spectum recently the statue has been moved to outside of the art museum

but Frazier is truely a hero that represented philly better than anyone and is forgotten way too often

as a philly native i agree 100%

there was a big debate as to where to put the statue the art museum originally didnt want it thats why it was placed at the spectum recently the statue has been moved to outside of the art museum

but Frazier is truely a hero that represented philly better than anyone and is forgotten way too often

I hear ya. It's the equivalent of making a statue of Will Smith in place of Muhammad Ali and then honoring Will as the Greatest! Just makes me sick.

on top of that from what i hear Smokin' Joe has fell on hard times financially and i think that the city could be able to pull him out of with a little support but as far as i know nothing has been done

his Gym is still up last i heard but its not in great shape

really a sad story

and seeing rocky every break tonight doesnt make it any better

really glad you brought it up excellent point :D:D:bash:

I'm anxious for the new Rocky movie. I loved the first 4. Sure, they got a little bit cheezy, but, I still love them. For those with Comcast On-Deman, they have all 5 movies in HD this month.

As for Philadelphia, it is fitting that a city with such a sad sports past would honor a fictional character. I mean have you ever talked to Philly fans, they are delusional. They truly feel that their teams are feared and respected.......... :D

It's not about a fictional character, it's about what he embodied and represented...the underdog. The Rocky Balboa character is the ULTIMATE kid form the streets makes good story. Something ALL working-class cities and most Americans embrace.

As for Smikin' Joe, I agree there that he should be more respect and he should be better treated. However, they have had him @ Eagles games and on the sidelines in the past. And, although Stallone doesn't speak very well, he is a 100% better speaker that Joe. So, I could see why they would want to market hometown hero Stallone over hometown hero Frazier. Plus, the Rocky theme song is a GREAT tune for energizing a crowd and getting the fans pumped-up.

Edited by The Next Generation

It's not about a fictional character, it's about what he embodied and represented...the underdog. The Rocky Balboa character is the ULTIMATE kid form the streets makes good story. Something ALL working-class cities and most Americans embrace.

I think that belongs to Ralph Machio... The Karate Kid

I personally think Sly Stallone is one of the WORST actors, and really needs to stop trying to suck people dry of their hard earned money to go see some crap like this. But I guess if people are willing to pay for it, he will continue to make me want to stab pencils in my ears and eyes when watching him.

OrI could just not watch... :D

I personally think Sly Stallone is one of the WORST actors, and really needs to stop trying to suck people dry of their hard earned money to go see some crap like this. But I guess if people are willing to pay for it, he will continue to make me want to stab pencils in my ears and eyes when watching him.

Why do you hate America ?

I agree that most Stallone movies are crap. But he was born to play Rocky one of the best characters ever put to film. Also, he was pretty good in:

The Lords of Flatbush

F.I.S.T.

Nighthawks

First Blood

Victory

After that....blah...

Edited by The Next Generation

Ralph was replaced by a girl. Well I guess it was still the same character since he strutted around like a girl.

Actually Hilary Swank would definately beat Ralph's a$$!

I agree that most Stallone movies are crap. But he was born to play Rocky one of the best characters ever put to film. Also, he was pretty good in:

The Lords of Flatbush

F.I.S.T.

Nighthawks

First Blood

Victory

After that....blah...

Stallone launched himself as he wrote Rocky and when Hollywood loved the script he insisted on being Rocky or he would not allow them to do the movie. Stallone is a great story but it's a little much to make him out to be a boxing hero.