[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Introducing .....

Menudo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everybody.

For those of you that have been through this and told me about it before, you were right, you can't describe this feeling unless you go through it. I've never been this happy in all of my life. That love in my heart is indescribable.

I'm an emotional guy, so, I'm not ashamed to admit this. I had a moment this morning. I was holding Aidan in my arms on the couch, and he was sleeping. My Golden Retriever, Bettis, was laying at the bottom of the couch with his head resting on my legs, sleeping. My beautiful, amazing wife was on the other couch sleeping. I sat there with tears filling my eyes, feeling like a very lucky man and thinking "It really doesn't get any better than this!" The only sadness I have is that I wish my Dad was here to enjoy this, but, I know he is looking down and smiling.

I'll post a link to some new pictures sometime soon. It is amazing how much a baby can change in two short days. I feel very blessed. Thanks again for all the kind words, this place is phenomenal at times like this.

Hopefully I don't get as annoying bragging about my kid as I do bragging about the Steelers :D

Thanks everybody.

For those of you that have been through this and told me about it before, you were right, you can't describe this feeling unless you go through it. I've never been this happy in all of my life. That love in my heart is indescribable.

I'm an emotional guy, so, I'm not ashamed to admit this. I had a moment this morning. I was holding Aidan in my arms on the couch, and he was sleeping. My Golden Retriever, Bettis, was laying at the bottom of the couch with his head resting on my legs, sleeping. My beautiful, amazing wife was on the other couch sleeping. I sat there with tears filling my eyes, feeling like a very lucky man and thinking "It really doesn't get any better than this!" The only sadness I have is that I wish my Dad was here to enjoy this, but, I know he is looking down and smiling.

I'll post a link to some new pictures sometime soon. It is amazing how much a baby can change in two short days. I feel very blessed. Thanks again for all the kind words, this place is phenomenal at times like this.

Hopefully I don't get as annoying bragging about my kid as I do bragging about the Steelers :D

Every day gets better. And to me, that first month was my favorite time because I could just hold him for 3 or 4 hours and just watch him. Of course as they get older you can hold 'em for about 2 seconds, so take the time now and do it as much as possible. It's great on football Sundays cause you can just sit there for 3 hours with him and tell your wife: "We are watching the game together, honey."

You are off the hook the rest of the day. :D

A heartiest congrats, Menudo! As a father of four, there is something special about the 1st you'll never, ever, ever, forget.

And the innocent look on his sweet face is priceless.

Its almost as if he is thinking "How could the refs throw that flag on Darrell Jackson for pushing off?" :D

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Thanks everybody.

Congrats Menudo, I'm not an emotional guy but I almost lost it yesterday when I found out I was having a son. I'll be a mess once the little booger finally arrives. :D

Congrats Menudo, I'm not an emotional guy but I almost lost it yesterday when I found out I was having a son. I'll be a mess once the little booger finally arrives. :D

Congrats Twiley !!!! I haven't had much time to browse through the threads, so, I didn't get into your thread yet. It IS definitely all it is cracked up to be and then some.

Every day gets better. And to me, that first month was my favorite time because I could just hold him for 3 or 4 hours and just watch him. Of course as they get older you can hold 'em for about 2 seconds, so take the time now and do it as much as possible. It's great on football Sundays cause you can just sit there for 3 hours with him and tell your wife: "We are watching the game together, honey."

You are off the hook the rest of the day. :D

I agree with the first part of this, but the 1st month (for that matter the first 3 or 4 months) was not my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I loved my baby from the start, but it gets so much better and fulfilling the older she gets IMO.

Edited by TDFFFreak