[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I remember when (blank)

Savage Beatings

I remember when the Huddle Message boards were still wide open, pretty much anything allowed, before all the pussies showed up and the Admins went all corporate.

:D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When AM transistor radios were all the rage (late 60's). I listened to CKLW out of Detroit all day and all night. At least until my 9 volt battery went dead.

Or Windsor?

Stations starting with a "C" come out of Canada.

I remember that before there was cable where I lived, my aunt and uncle had something called "Preview TV" (or something like that). It would only come on around 7:00 in the evening and would show two normal movies and then around 11:00 it would show a cinemax-type movie.

The first thing that I can recall marvelling at is a television remote control.

I remember getting one of those red LED watches that you had to push a button to see the time (as long as your surroundings weren't that bright.)

Quite a few years later came OnTV (a precursor to cable).

Atari 2600

My first year of college they had Apple IIe (I think) computers in the computer lab. The only "PCs" I had seen before then were Commodore's VIC-20 and 64.

The NES Advantage. Aw Yeah. Greatest Nintendo controller ever.

the "turbo" buttons were great for cheating in the sprints in "track and field."

Reminds me of the "car phone" in the early 80's that you needed a briefcae to keep "portable" (still a big prop in 48 Hours).

when my wife and i were dating, she was by herself when she got a flat tire off I-10 in arizona and had to change it in her work clothes after no one would pull over to help her. so for christmas that year (1996) i got her a motorola cell phone. even in its "compact" folded-up state, that thing was the size of a small paperback book.

A touck-tone phone was a luxury and most phones were rotary.

This reminds me of when you used to have to pick up the phone and listen to hear if anyone was on the line before dialing. My mom hated it because we had a neighbor on our party line that just seemed to be on it all the time.

Commodore's VIC-20

I had one of those back in the day. I remember playing games on that thing that were RPGs where there were absolutely no graphics or anything at all, just plain text...your character would tell you where he was and what he saw around him, and then you had to type in commands for him to execute. And the games were all on cassette tapes too. :D Was actually pretty fun for the time though. :D