[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I remember when (blank)

Savage Beatings

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so fired up for my Star Wars digital watch that I got for Xmas (oops, I mean winter holiday). It had like 3 modes, including a stopwatch. Freaking dope!

On the other side, the first time I felt dated was in the mid 90s. I was living in Sun Valley ID and these guys were going through a stack of LPs because they were going to DJ a rave. This young kid was checking them out, picked up a record and said, "Wow, these are cool, there's music on both sides!"

The one button remote control. I the button turned the tv on, scrolled through all 13 channels, then turned it off. So you were constantly turning the tv on and off, but you didn't have to get up every time dad wanted to check the score in the other game.

I remember when my dad brought home a VCR. It was gigantic. No remote, and you could only record 2 hours.

More recently, I remember when my friend bought a CD...I was like what an idiot, now he has to rebuy everything he has on tape.

been there

The height of technology in 1985

:D I don't know what they call them now, but back in the day we called them "BOOMBOXES".

I remember getting a Fisher brand box that had NOT ONLY dolby noise reduction, but also a 5 band equalizer, auto-reverse, tape-to-tape recording, and the speakers detached off the sides.

I was, without a doubt, the man.

We had a VCR that had a "wired remote" attached to it. We thought we were cool because we didn't have to get up from the couch to use the VCR. :D

:D that was gonna be my answer, too. we thought we were cool, too, because we didn't have to get up from the couch to use the VCR -- as long as we weren't more than about 6 feet away. i think my dad got that VCR in 1982 and paid more than $1000 for it. it weighed about 30 pounds and came in two sections, one side for the tape and the other side for god knows what.

I remember when Furby was the hottest robot around!

"Your emoto-tronic friend." :D I'm not sure of many 'intelligent' robots that were released to the public before this one, but this was about the smartest robot-toy you could get back in the day. I remember my dad paid about $100+ (they now cost about $20) for one Furby, and ended up buying several of them to give to my brothers and I for Christmas (holiday). They could even interact with each other! :D