[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I remember when (blank)

Savage Beatings

sky and his first computer

(I know that its been done before, but still I laugh)

Not sure if I addressed this before or not.... but.... that is exact to a T my last computer before retiring from the Navy. The first computer I used as in '64..... there are no pictures available... sorry.

sky and his current pda

sorry man... hog pile!

Now I like that one. No doubt much faster than most when it comes to numbers too. :D Where can I get me one of those babies?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone mentioned it in this thread, but how about calculator watches? I used to want one of those so bad... Then again, I wanted parachute pants and a Michael Jackson type jacket. :D

Oh man, reminded me of this. Every :D had one (yes, including me, replete with case and belt loop :bash: ).

:clap: Before the days of your $500 watches? :bash:

A friend of mine bought one of the original LED watches, you had to press a button to see the time. It cost him around $300! :D And that's ~1971 prices, so...........$1800 today? :D Probably 1.5 weeks salary on an avg. income.

Wow, Transistor Radios, A tape machine (no not 8-track or cassette), the first Hippie Drug-addled FM stations out of San Francisco, and skateboards (circa 1960s)

My Unk had one from the middle 50's. He always brought it to parties and gettogethers. About 2 years after he passed I started to play them. They were junk. So many years of all of us talkin' on it went into the toilet! :D

I hope DVD's , CD's, and tapes are better today!

I remember the hand held football game with the dots was the rave

Relive the memory...

I was the first kid on the block to upgrade from this to this. :D

Target sells these of anyone is interested in a blast from the past. :D I took mine to work and there were fights over who got to play next - just like when we were 8.

I remember running econometric regressions on the mainframe and then having to walk across campus to pick up the results (which were printed up on that wide green-and-white computer paper).

In those days, you can be sure that I proof-read my code before I hit enter. Nothing worse than walking across campus only to find out that you had left out a semicolon in your SAS code. :D

I remember running econometric regressions on the mainframe and then having to walk across campus to pick up the results (which were printed up on that wide green-and-white computer paper).

In those days, you can be sure that I proof-read my code before I hit enter. Nothing worse than walking across campus only to find out that you had left out a semicolon in your SAS code. :D

When I entered college, we needed to learn FORTRAN for a freshman engineering course, and it was the first semester that punch cards weren't used for that.

When I entered college, we needed to learn FORTRAN for a freshman engineering course, and it was the first semester that punch cards weren't used for that.

I remember using punch cards in elementary school to make our flash cards for learning multliplication.