[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worlds Top 20 Richest People

spain

The Top 20

1. William Gates III

2. Warren Buffet

3. Carlos Slim Helu

4. Ingvar Kamprad

5. Lakshmi Mittal

6. Sheldon Adelson

7. Bernard Arnault

8. Amancio Ortega

9. Li Ka-shing

10. David Thomson

11. Larry Ellison

12. Liliane Bettencourt

13. Prince Alwaleed

14. Mukesh Ambani

15. Karl Albrecht

16. Roman Abramovich

17. Stefan Persson

18. Anil Ambani

19. Paul Allen

20. Theo Albrecht

21. David M Dorey

http://www.forbes.com/2007/03/07/billionai...illie_land.html

"It has been a busy year in the fortune-hunting business. Strong equity markets combined with rising real estate values and commodity prices pushed up fortunes from Mumbai to Madrid. Forbes pinned down 946 billionaires, including 178 newcomers and 17 people who climbed back into the ranks after being absent for a year or more. Two-thirds of last year's billionaires are richer. Only 17% are poorer, including 32 who fell below the billion-dollar mark. The billionaires' combined net worth climbed by $900 billion to $3.5 trillion. That equates to $3.6 billion apiece."

:D

That story was in our local paper and it showed what they did. I was amused at David Thompson-inheritance. Wow, dude had like a 40 inch vertical leap and rich folks? That's a nice combo.

Edited by detlef

The Top 20

1. William Gates III

2. Warren Buffet

3. Carlos Slim Helu

4. Ingvar Kamprad

5. Lakshmi Mittal

6. Sheldon Adelson

7. Bernard Arnault

8. Amancio Ortega

9. Li Ka-shing

10. David Thomson

11. Larry Ellison

12. Liliane Bettencourt

13. Prince Alwaleed

14. Mukesh Ambani

15. Karl Albrecht

16. Roman Abramovich

17. Stefan Persson

18. Anil Ambani

19. Paul Allen

20. Theo Albrecht

21. David M Dorey

http://www.forbes.com/2007/03/07/billionai...illie_land.html

"Strong equity markets combined with rising real estate values and commodity prices pushed up fortunes from Mumbai to Madrid."

Dammit! I think I just got an email from this guys wife asking me to put their money into one of my checking accounts! And I DELETED it! :D:tup: Always trust the internet........Always trust the internet :doh:

"It has been a busy year in the fortune-hunting business. Strong equity markets combined with rising real estate values and commodity prices pushed up fortunes from Mumbai to Madrid. Forbes pinned down 946 billionaires, including 178 newcomers and 17 people who climbed back into the ranks after being absent for a year or more. Two-thirds of last year's billionaires are richer. Only 17% are poorer, including 32 who fell below the billion-dollar mark. The billionaires' combined net worth climbed by $900 billion to $3.5 trillion. That equates to $3.6 billion apiece."

Good to see the trickle down is still working! :D

Good to see the trickle down is still working! :D

The richest people in the world saw their net worth go up about 35% last year; definately a strong year. HOWEVER, in case you missed it, real estate, gold and oil prices went through the roof ... and many of the people on the list have a significant portion of their wealth tied to these three things.

The richest people in the world saw their net worth go up about 35% last year; definately a strong year. HOWEVER, in case you missed it, real estate, gold and oil prices went through the roof ... and many of the people on the list have a significant portion of their wealth tied to these three things.

Excellent. Does this mean I can cut back on the food parcels I've been shipping down to the Waltons?

United States

Last year: $1.1 billion

Grandson of Ford Motor founder Henry Ford, Bill Sr. remains largest shareholder in now-struggling automaker. Last year, son Bill Jr. stepped down from chief executive post. Despite Ford's troubles, the real reason Bill Sr. doesn't make cut: a lower valuation of the Detroit Lions, which he owns :D .