[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dad's, father figures, and Puddy...

SuperBalla

My son will be turning 1 on the 26th of April. I was wondering if there were some unique ideas for a gift from me to him that he'd appreciate down the road. I have him a 525 college fund and other savings so money isn't what I am thinking of. Any neat and meanigful ideas? Any ideas or stories would be appreciated.

Edit to add: I already thought about the strippers but the wifey shot that down.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a bottle of wine from his birth year for him to open with you at 21.

:D PERFECT! :D Seriously though...how would I store it? :tup: Alcohol don't stay round here long...lol. How would I store it to keep it fresh?

I'll consider more...this is exactly what I am talking about.

Edited by SuperBalla

:D PERFECT! :DSeriously though...how would I store it? :tup: Alcohol don't stay round here long...lol. How would I store it to keep it fresh?

I'll consider more...this is exactly what I am talking about.

Send it to me. I'll store, keep it fresh and certainly won't drink it. :doh:

put a tag on the bottle "don't touch until 4/26/27"...... you want to keep it in a dark area with little humidity between 55-60*

another thing: could try to find either a football or baseball list/map of teams....and get a specific souvenir from each stadium (ie: key chains; shot glasses- to be used at 21; pins; whatever)

Did I forget to mention than booze might not be the best gift as he may not end up drinking, therefore not appreciating the thought that went behind the purchase and careful storage. Hell, my grandfather and dad both drink and I don't, so thankfully they never saved those types of gifts for me.

Did I forget to mention than booze might not be the best gift as he may not end up drinking, therefore not appreciating the thought that went behind the purchase and careful storage. Hell, my grandfather and dad both drink and I don't, so thankfully they never saved those types of gifts for me.

there are many people who drink moderately, or with very little frequency who i believe would still appreciate such a gift. complete abstinence (especially at 21) would be low risk..... but hey... not my call, it's balla's

Write him a long letter telling him all about you and your family and hopes. Give it to him when he gets married or whenever he is an adult. I wrote my son a letter on the day he was born that I intend to give to him when he moves away for good.

Write him a long letter telling him all about you and your family and hopes. Give it to him when he gets married or whenever he is an adult. I wrote my son a letter on the day he was born that I intend to give to him when he moves away for good.

That's really special. Good job dad. :D

Or you could video tape such a thing too. Maybe with him in it playing while you talk.

there are many people who drink moderately, or with very little frequency who i believe would still appreciate such a gift. complete abstinence (especially at 21) would be low risk..... but hey... not my call, it's balla's

Yer safe going there. A coonarss that doesn't drink...HA... :D

Take him to a baseball game. He will last about 2 innings, but save the ticket stub, buy a program, and store them. Then, every year on his birthday take him to a baseball game. And save the ticket stubs, buy a program, etc.

This will be your and his day forever, at the ball game. And there will come a time when he treats YOU to a ball game. And that is when you will look at him and realize that you have raised an incredible young man.

I am thinking about that one too. Maybe a letter written to him as an adult or to him now? :D Good stuff here. :D

Take him to a baseball game. He will last about 2 innings, but save the ticket stub, buy a program, and store them. Then, every year on his birthday take him to a baseball game. And save the ticket stubs, buy a program, etc.

This will be your and his day forever, at the ball game. And there will come a time when he treats YOU to a ball game. And that is when you will look at him and realize that you have raised an incredible young man.

Great idea but there is no way I can get to a game this Thursday. Can you go and mail me the stuff? :D This still can work though...every year we go to a game. :D

Homo :D:D

A complete set of this year's baseball or football trading cards.

I was thinking of this myself. I was thinking more baseball but whatever you think you and your son will enjoy more in 10 years.

I got my son the ENTIRE Hot Wheels collection from the year of his birth. All the treasure hunts, variations, etc. I am not a Hot Wheels guy, but after doing this, I realized I could have retired if my Mom hadn't thrown everything away! :D

I have it all packed VERY carefully in original packaging for him and plan to give it to him as a college grad present. Should be worth a lot by then. in five year it is already worth 3 times what I paid for it to a collector! :D

So Congrats on your son turning 1!!! :D:D:tup: My daughter just turned 1 herself on Easter Sunday.

My wife came up with a great idea for her first birthday. We created a time capsule for her, and had family and friends sign this small book with their thoughts about her, we put a newspaper in it, pictures of her party, and a bunch of other things.

She's not suppose to open it till either her 18th or 21st birthday. My wife is still actually adding stuff to this thing now, but once it's done, we're going to stick in in our safety deposit box at the bank so we don't lose it.

We bought two cakes, one little one for him and one for everyone else. We let him have at his own cake and took pics. He was covered in cake. Should be a riot to look at when hes grown.

That wine idea kicks a$$. Doesnt wine usually take a couple of years to come out? Like the '05's should be selling this year right? So thats more of a two year olds gift.

Dammit! Good one DMD - I have to play catch-up now...

Write him a long letter telling him all about you and your family and hopes. Give it to him when he gets married

This is assuming Balla's son gets married in a state that allows that sort of thing.

NTTAWWT