[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

aimless rambling

Thews40

You know what really pisses me off :D … people who take forever to make a turn at a three way stop. I have a 2.3 mile commute to work through lush farmland… and there’s a three way stop in the middle of it near some country gas station. Every morning I get there, and even though it’s just a slight inconvenience, there’s usually some yahoo that doesn’t know the meaning of both parallel cars going at the same time. It screws up the timing of those waiting. Instead of 10 minutes, my commute took 11:10… still pisses me off. Why…? Because I used to commute on the Indy 500 that is the LA freeway 91 for over an hour each way for over 10 years. No matter how long your commute is, you just get used to it. Note to self… if you spend and hour to work each way in a car, and you’re awake for 17 hours each day, that’s over 10% of your life spent driving. After 10 years of the Indy 500, it pisses me off, but not that much anymore. From 24 to 35 I spent over a year of it in the car driving… what a waste of time.

I love these :D … put them on you desk in a nice frame and people will look at it and ask you why a picture of Bill Ripkin? Tell them it’s because he was the brother of the Iron Man… Cal Ripkin. Yes, Bill Ripkin may have spent most of his career in the minors, but did make it to the bigs for two years. On the day he went for his major league picture for the baseball card, someone wrote “F#@K face” on the end of his bat. The card went to printing, and after they caught the mistake, the obscenity was replaced with a white dot. People will look at the card and never notice it… one of the greatest practical jokes in the history of man… unless you happen to be the brother of the Iron Man. About $20 on ebay, but when the idiot doesn’t know how to spell ‘original’ you may get it for $15.: http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGIONAL-MINT-CONDITI...1QQcmdZViewItem

The Iraq war chit has got to stop… there I said it. It’s time to let civil war take care of itself and get out. I don’t know all the complexities, but it’s time. I hope whoever take the office next makes this happen and smoothly.

Went over to my ex-girlfriend’s house last night… been a long time. She’s very cool and I don’t know what will happen next. One of the lessons in life I’ve cemented is that you never end a relationship on a sour note… all things come back around.

The 79 Trans Am I bought is gonna be cool when I’m done with it. With all the handling of a later model car, this thing (79K original miles) is a much nicer car to drive than my 69 Firebird convert or 66 Mustang, and is far cheaper to restore. The old musclecars are cool, but klunky. With a W30 70 olds 455 rocket (E heads... lots of upgardes) under the hood, 4 disc brakes, T-Top, AC, AM/FM 8-track (NOS with uber cool green LED’s) this thing will scream and be quite retro. How many of you have ever heard an 8-track? In 1980 the top-of-the line 8 tracks were over $500. They really sound pretty good… even if you can only listen to Neil Young. I plan on buying an 8-track recorder to make my own tapes…. why not?

Feel free to extrapolate on whatever random thought that crosses your mind about anything… except bowel movements or anything that DMD may find offensive... such a lack of tact.

Edited by Thews40

You know what really pisses me off :D … people who take forever to make a turn at a three way stop.

I have been getting increasingly pissed off at people who have the right-of-way, but instead stop and waive you through.

Like when I start to back down my driveway and there is a car coming down the street. Instead of going, like they should, they stop and wave at me "no, you go". No, dickface. YOU go. I'm already stopped, and if you had just kept going, we both would have gotten where we were going faster, and the car behind you wouldn't be swearing at you... and you're an idiot.

I have been getting increasingly pissed off at people who have the right-of-way, but instead stop and waive you through.

Like when I start to back down my driveway and there is a car coming down the street. Instead of going, like they should, they stop and wave at me "no, you go". No, dickface. YOU go. I'm already stopped, and if you had just kept going, we both would have gotten where we were going faster, and the car behind you wouldn't be swearing at you... and you're an idiot.

AMEN! Preach on, brother Atomic!

I think the problem is that the tards don't know that they have the right of way. This is usually when you go to an intersection where one road has a stop sign and the other doesn't. You get there first to make a left turn, but you have to wait for traffic to clear. In the meantime, Numbnuts McIdiotstick pulls up across from you to cross the intersection (i.e., go straight). Once traffic clears, they sit there waiting for you to go. IT'S NOT A FOUR-WAY STOP, ASSTARD! YOU HAVE THE RIGHT-OF-WAY! GO!.

:D ...sorry about that. This situation replays itself four out of five commuting days on my trek to work. It gets old.

Edited by Dr. Love

Try driving for a living - I usually try to multi-task when driving (like Josh Hancock :D ), so when I come to a stop sign or there is oncoming traffic, I'll start doing something quick on my palm pilot or something - only to look up when I should be able to go to find that the other car has been sitting there waving me on, blocking its lane, for about 10 seconds. Look, I KNOW what I'm doing, just do your thing, I've got my end handled.

only to look up when I should be able to go to find that the other car has been sitting there waving me on, blocking its lane, for about 10 seconds.

I always give the right of way to beer trucks, they are more important than ambulances IMO.

Got stuck behind a woman turning left at a four way light. I don’t know for sure, but I think it supposedly against the law in Colorado to pull out into the intersection to make a left turn. Light turns green and there’s oncoming traffic… she sits there, and I’m behind her. She’s waiting for about a half mile break in the traffic to go, and the second to last oncoming car has its turn signal on to take a right. Not only do you have more than ample time to make it, it’s a two lane road and you have the left one…GO!!!!! She sits there, light turns yellow and then one oncoming car goes through it. I honk my horn, as I’m caught in the vortex of the nightmarish thought that I may sit through another full light and not move. Light turns green and she still sitting there. I honk again encouraging her to pull into the intersection for the little extra “head start”. She finally has her half mile opening and takes it. …pissed me off.

Oh, and I was in New Zealand in early February for 8 days. Queenstown is the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen (they filmed the Hobbit there). I was one of five (four men and one woman) in a company sponsored adventure race. My team came in 10th out of 45 on a 26 mile race; it was a very cool experience and they're making a documentary on it. I was one of four "video bloggers" out of 225 employees that went. They keep you constantly busy, and most days didn't end until 10:00. Every morning there was stretching at 6:00. Each day we'd go through a series of lectures followed by one of the parts of the race at noon: orienteering (hiking), rafting, cycling and repelling. Every night they took us out to dinner, and I'd get back to the hotel and set up the camera and answer a series of questions they gave me that day. During the race, my team had a camera guy go with us (one of 2). First film comes out next week, and the full documentary comes out in a few months.

Edited by Thews40

2 things that really piss me off when driving:

1) Someone pulls out in front of you only to want to turn right in half a block. :tup:

2) On a 4 lane road(2 on your side), person is in left lane and decides to pull in front of you to change lanes once again to turn right in half a block or under. This is especially f'ked up when there's absolutely nobody behind you and they could have waited or slowed up to get behind you. To me this deserves at least a 10 second horn blast. :D

We've all heard car horns that play a tune, or a car alarm that speaks(step away from the vehicle). Why not make a car horn that speaks and lets the other driver know that they're an a**hole. Would probably get some laughs out of other driver as well. :D

Went over to my ex-girlfriend’s house last night… been a long time. She’s very cool and I don’t know what will happen next. One of the lessons in life I’ve cemented is that you never end a relationship on a sour note… all things come back around.

(sigh) Here we go. :D

Did you think we wouldn't notice if you just slipped this gem inbetween a bunch of other stuff? :D

I remember how hard this was for you the last time around, so just protect yourself Thews. It's easy to allow a familiar relationship to resurface, but take some time to remember the reasons why it ended.

(sigh) Here we go. :D

Did you think we wouldn't notice if you just slipped this gem inbetween a bunch of other stuff? :D

I remember how hard this was for you the last time around, so just protect yourself Thews. It's easy to allow a familiar relationship to resurface, but take some time to remember the reasons why it ended.

Thanks SB... this will be hard to predict, but it's very cool it's happening now.

Got stuck behind a woman turning left at a four way light. I don’t know for sure, but I think it supposedly against the law in Colorado to pull out into the intersection to make a left turn. Light turns green and there’s oncoming traffic…

That is the case in most states. If there is no left-turn arrow, left-turning vehucles have to yield to oncoming through and right-turn (if they don't have a yield sign) traffic.

That is the case in most states. If there is no left-turn arrow, left-turning vehucles have to yield to oncoming through and right-turn (if they don't have a yield sign) traffic.

They have to yield, but finishing the turn before the red light is what I'm talking about. Would a cop give you a ticket for finishing the left turn on a red light? I don't think so, but maybe in some states. I think it's a given that at least one car gets to make it when there's no arrow. A cop might get the guy behind the first car, but I can't see someone getting a ticket for finishing the turn as soon as possible once you're committed to being in the intersection. In California, we were taught to drive that way.

They have to yield, but finishing the turn before the red light is what I'm talking about. Would a cop give you a ticket for finishing the left turn on a red light? I don't think so, but maybe in some states. I think it's a given that at least one car gets to make it when there's no arrow. A cop might get the guy behind the first car, but I can't see someone getting a ticket for finishing the turn as soon as possible once you're committed to being in the intersection. In California, we were taught to drive that way.

We call it "committing to the turn". You get your car into the intersection, and when opposing traffic stops for the yellow/red... you go.

I am not aware of a law against it.

Around here, one or two cars can get through. In Boston, cars keep going until you take the initiative and cut them off. I love driving in Boston. For some reason I can predict and deal with aggressive fast drivers way better than slow timid drivers. I guess it's just what I'm used to.

Thews: Is this the same girlfriend who gave you so much heartache and pain last year? If so, why are you going back to her? I think you should be seeing a pattern by now.

Thews: Is this the same girlfriend who gave you so much heartache and pain last year? If so, why are you going back to her? I think you should be seeing a pattern by now.

I do see the pattern :D ... it's complicated. We're just friends now.

On my way home from the restaurant, there are two situations where there is a right turn with a very long merge lane. At least half the time, some jerk-off stops right at the beginning of it. I hate these people. The other day I was approaching one of these intersections and someone was doing this. Funny thing is, there was a postal delivery truck behind them. The guy in the postal truck actually squeezed past them on the left and merged in while they were standing there. It was the funniest thing. You know you're a putz when you get owned by a postal delivery truck.

The other thing that kills me is when somebody realizes that they're in the wrong lane and, rather than just going through the intersection pulling into the next parking lot and getting themselves in the right direction, they just stop and wait for someone to let them into or out of the turn lane. If it's commute time, they're going to hold up like 20 or more people because they were too selfish to undo their own mistake.

Ran into the ex-fiancee (who I haven't seen since I dumped her - FYI I was the ass hole in the relationship - about 9 years ago) in the parking lot at the Brewers game.

Totally knocked me off my equilibrium for the first 3 innings or so.

Ran into the ex-fiancee (who I haven't seen since I dumped her - FYI I was the ass hole in the relationship - about 9 years ago) in the parking lot at the Brewers game.

Totally knocked me off my equilibrium for the first 3 innings or so.

The brewers can do that to a person..lol ..although they are playing well this year

My driving pet peeve , people who are in the left ( passing ) lane on highways and they are driving too slow ( even slower than speed limit )

Believe this was the reason highbeams were invented for cars

The brewers can do that to a person..lol ..although they are playing well this year

I'm used to bad Brewers baseball, that doesn't affect me in the least (well, it leads to a higher-curse-words-per-minute stretch, which is impressive considering my normal rate).

My driving pet peeve , people who are in the left ( passing ) lane on highways and they are driving too slow ( even slower than speed limit )

Believe this was the reason highbeams were invented for cars

Yeah, except that these 'tards have the mutant ability to ignore high beams, horns, you driving 3" from their rear bumper, etc.

I'd alert the NIH - "left-laning" it is usually an early warning sign of "Wisconsinitis" - along with an increasing craving for craft cheeses, bratwurts, and an inability to commit to any sort of monetary decision.