[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK, chalk one up for home-schooling

wiegie

Sisters Up For Ph.Ds Are Ahead Of Curve

Sisters Are 19, 21

POSTED: 12:35 pm EDT May 9, 2007

NEW YORK -- The sisters were 13 and 14 when they graduated from college. They got their master's degrees two years later.

Now at 19 and 21, sisters Diana and Angela Kniazeva are getting doctoral degrees in economics Wednesday from New York University's Stern School of Business.

The sisters were home-schooled in their native Russia, where they graduated from college. Then they came to the U.S., earning master's degrees in international policy studies from Stanford University.

With their new degrees, the sisters will work as assistant professors of finance at the University of Rochester.

They will focus on analyzing the implications of such financial decisions as corporate payouts and debt and equity issues.

Angela Kniazeva said they were given valuable opportunities, while younger sister Diana Kniazeva said she doesn't think her youth will be a problem because it's not relevant to her work.

That is some impressive sh|t.

Angela Kniazeva said they were given valuable opportunities, while younger sister Diana Kniazeva said she doesn't think her youth will be a problem because it's not relevant to her work.

Sounds like she will eventually make a good professor as she already has no sense of reality, and how things work in the real world. :D

:doh:

Sounds like she will eventually make a good professor as she already has no sense of reality, and how things work in the real world. :D

:D:D:tup:

Actually when it comes down to it, these girls were probably really smart to begin with and studies show regardless what type of academic training, especially in Language Arts, success is eventual when the kids have the goods.

Home-Schooling blows. :D

Well, Russian homeschooling HAS got to be BETTER than their public schools their. So, until I see stats showing that they are exceeding the typical homeschooled Russian sisters, ::D

I mean please, economics professors, I know 5'6'' weenies that root for the Cardinals that are economics professors.....

Impressive Sega!. Bull Sega! they've both been sheltered from the real world and won't be able to adapt. Russians....

I was thinking the same thing.

Heck, they probably don't even shave their armpits. How anti-social can a young lady be?!

That is some impressive sh|t.

It's obvious that one is substantially smarter than the other.

My question is, why would they do the exact same thing? That's the eeriest part of this whole thing for me...same colleges, same degrees, same employers, same research topics.

Doogie Houser never had any problems being a kid doctor. Oh wait. Yes he did. If I ever had a kid prof in school, I'd find a different class to take. It's one thing to be book smart. It's another to be practical smart.

pics?
Picture in this article

Don't get too excited - they're only getting degrees in economics. How hard can that be?

They majored in economics only because they werent smart enough to get into barber school and they didnt have quite enough personality to be accountants... :D

Edited by spain

They will focus on analyzing the implications of such financial decisions as corporate payouts and debt and equity issues.

They'll spend their days getting yelled at by the CFO. Trust me on this one. They are probably unprepared socially for this fact.