[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I fell dirty for asking this,, but...

polksalet

I wouldn't buy it from eBay--of course, I pretty much don't buy anything from eBay.

(I also wouldn't trust the stuff from Sam's either--it wouldn't surprise me if Wal*Mart bought its formula from some place in China that makes it out of ground up dissidents. :D )

Actually, I think Walmart gets its formula from Ebay. :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this might not apply in your case Polk but we make our own formula. Almond/rice milk, a scoop of whey protien and a teaspoon of cod liver oil (those omega 3 acids really in brain tissue growth). Its probably not cheaper but it is way more healthy than the stuff off of the shelf. And my kids will not be drinking traditional milk at any point in our rearing of them. I dont want my daughter to bigger titties than her mom when shes 10.

buy baby formula off of ebay?

:D

I agree a big NO here. I am not a fan of ebay, haven't been of over a year. I have had nothing but bad experiences. My last 3 transactions were nothing but a pain. Had to go through their resolutions process each of those times and I never did get what I paid for, but did manage to get my $ back. They were not big items but enough to matter to me and it was the principal of the deals. Frankly any business who allows someone to take advantage of another is no buisness I want to take part of. I know of a guy who bid on a laptop for over 500.00. When come to find out it was a picture of a laptop he actually purchased. Now I know you NEED TO READ THE FINE PRINT. But the intention here is clear of the owner of the laptop picture was trying to do. Clear intent to fraud someone with the excuse that you "didn't read the fine print" clause. Not for me...so if this can be allowed to happen, I would by no means trust any food products of any kind...too many dishonest people. Ok jumping off of soapbox now.

we took a prenatal class at the local hospital and the nurse said to switch brands every month or so. they are all made a little bit differently and you get the best of all of them.

When did you take this class?

I know this might not apply in your case Polk but we make our own formula. Almond/rice milk, a scoop of whey protien and a teaspoon of cod liver oil (those omega 3 acids really in brain tissue growth). Its probably not cheaper but it is way more healthy than the stuff off of the shelf. And my kids will not be drinking traditional milk at any point in our rearing of them. I dont want my daughter to bigger titties than her mom when shes 10.

Did you get your formula recipe from your doctor? I ask because my wife's OB/GYN and our pediatrician have told her to not take anything with any protein powders in it while she is breastfeeding for some reason or another about how it affects the baby. I don't know all the details, I just know that anytime I add protein powder to something I make (usually choc. pudding, yum) I have to be sure to warn my wife not to have any.

I made my wife pull out her tits to feed the baby. This was great, I got to see those nice big milk laden tits more often, and saved a ton of money.

:D to pictures please :D

Edited by chiefjay

I agree a big NO here. I am not a fan of ebay, haven't been of over a year. I have had nothing but bad experiences. My last 3 transactions were nothing but a pain. Had to go through their resolutions process each of those times and I never did get what I paid for, but did manage to get my $ back. They were not big items but enough to matter to me and it was the principal of the deals. Frankly any business who allows someone to take advantage of another is no buisness I want to take part of. I know of a guy who bid on a laptop for over 500.00. When come to find out it was a picture of a laptop he actually purchased. Now I know you NEED TO READ THE FINE PRINT. But the intention here is clear of the owner of the laptop picture was trying to do. Clear intent to fraud someone with the excuse that you "didn't read the fine print" clause. Not for me...so if this can be allowed to happen, I would by no means trust any food products of any kind...too many dishonest people. Ok jumping off of soapbox now.

well, contra to that, i've been involved in hundreds of ebay transactions and had but one single negative experience, and even then i was fully refunded.

and yes, i DO read the item descriptions, and the feedback histories of sellers i purchase from. perhaps therein lies the difference. :D

Did you get your formula recipe from your doctor? I ask because my wife's OB/GYN and our pediatrician have told her to not take anything with any protein powders in it while she is breastfeeding for some reason or another about how it affects the baby. I don't know all the details, I just know that anytime I add protein powder to something I make (usually choc. pudding, yum) I have to be sure to warn my wife not to have any.

THis was after breast feeding. And recomended by our Midwife.

I tried the Costco...

But the wife and I ended up going with Target brand, and it was the best deal for something with the exact same ingredients and nutritional stats as Enfamil. Pretty darn cheap too, comparatively.

They told us in our infant care class that the other brands are exact copies of Enfamil and Similac. Enfamil and Similac are the only brands that continually run tests to make their formula better and the other brands just piggyback off of it.

well, contra to that, i've been involved in hundreds of ebay transactions and had but one single negative experience, and even then i was fully refunded.

and yes, i DO read the item descriptions, and the feedback histories of sellers i purchase from. perhaps therein lies the difference. :D

I'm with Az here (Sorry Dev). It is even more important for the buyer to beware on eBay, but if you use it right...

I don't see, after maybe and eMail or two asking where and why they got the surplus, why it would be a bad thing. I always prefer "Buy it Now", and would think that this type of purchase would be better using this.

HERE IS A LINK :D that I would consider after contacting the seller with a few questions. Why Not? IF the cans are sealed when you get them, I see no problem.

My kids did better on the Costco/Kirkland brand than any other formula. It was about 2/3 the cost. Federal Law requires certain minimums on formula, and the Costco brand was well above all of the standards and accross the board, ingredient for ingredient, better or equal to the name brands.

Almond/rice milk, a scoop of whey protien and a teaspoon of cod liver oil (those omega 3 acids really in brain tissue growth). Its probably not cheaper but it is way more healthy than the stuff off of the shelf. And my kids will not be drinking traditional milk at any point in our rearing of them.

LOL, you're a looney tune weirdo.

One for Walmart, Parents Choice brand or something like that.

They told us in our infant care class that the other brands are exact copies of Enfamil and Similac. Enfamil and Similac are the only brands that continually run tests to make their formula better and the other brands just piggyback off of it.

Same thing as Enfamil. Made by the same company. Just packaged differently so the other stores don't get mad.

Edited by cre8tiff

it is a canned, manufactured product, with an expiration date. it's not like you're buying fresh meat off the internet. someone explain to me why buying it from someone with several thousand positive feedback on ebay is worse in any way than buying it out of some f'n warehouse.

This reminds of the story of the prostitute that couldn't spell. She got a job at a warehouse.