[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Two Years Ago Today

Menudo

It's hard to believe the way time flies. Two years ago today, my Dad, my best friend, passed away. I will say this, the 2nd year was slightly easier than the 1st. I'm still not even close to being over his being gone, as it still hits me at times and I get that empty feeling in my heart and sickness in my stomach, as the pain of not having him around is too much to take. However, those times are coming less and less and I find myself smiling a lot when thinking about him and the times we had together.

I certainly have a lot to live up to, and I'm trying my best to be the same kind of Father to my son as my Dad was to me.

R.I.P. Dad, I sure do miss you..........

:D

BTW, your sigline is a month off.

:D

Thanks Big John, I can't believe I had that wrong for so long. Shows how much I look at siglines. Thanks for the correction.

I know what you are going through Menudo....and it isn't easy is it? All those memories keep getting in the way. Hang in there buddy...I am told that things will get better as far as the loss goes. And your goal of being as good as he was as a father is an excellent way to honor him and keep him with you. I'll be thinking about you today... keep a good thought.

I know what you are going through Menudo....and it isn't easy is it? All those memories keep getting in the way. Hang in there buddy...I am told that things will get better as far as the loss goes. And your goal of being as good as he was as a father is an excellent way to honor him and keep him with you. I'll be thinking about you today... keep a good thought.

Thanks Sky, I appreciate it. No, it sure isn't easy. That feeling of loss is hard to explain. When I get hit with the emotion and cry thinking about him, the pain I feel in my heart and the nausea in my stomach can only be explained to those who have also faced a loss like that. It is called heartache for a reason. Like I said, it gets a bit easier with time, but, I have a long way to go. Best wishes to you, because I KNOW you certainly know the feeling I'm describing. Take care and God Bless !!!

Edited by Menudo

Saturday was the 17th anniversary of my mother passing away. I was 28 years old at the time. Too young to lose a parent IMO let alone both. I lost my father 6 months before her. Yes, it does get easier but I find myself getting very emotional around Thanksgiving and Christmas. You are on the right track Menudo as what our parents would want for us is to be the best person we can be. I like to think that I am and am making my parents proud. I'm sure your father is looking down on you and your family saying "that's my boy" in a very proud voice. Hang in there bro. I take solice in the fact that when it's my time I will see my parents again and you will too.

Sorry to hear about losing your dad a couple years ago. My dad is going on 75 and doing very well, but things can change quickly. We are heading up to PA on Thursday to visit my folks and my brother and I have 4 box seats for the Diamondbacks vs. Orioles at Camden Yards on Father's Day. It will be my Dad, brother and my 6 yr. old son (3 generations). Definitely taking a few digital photos to remember that day.... Should be a great day and I will remember you and your dad and relish the quality time with my dad before he is no longer around.

Hope each passing year is a little easier for you buddy! :D

:D Sorry for your loss Menudo and continued heartache. I fear the day that I will have to experience this in regard to my mother.

My Sympathies Menudo. I know what you are going through, and it does get easier through time. I know you dont want to hear that, but the hurt eventually turns into smiles and laughter, and the missing feeling is filled with memories. All great ones at that. But nothing can replace a loved one. We just have to know we are better people because of them.

Menudo,

I lost my Dad suddenly at a young age (me 25, he 62). I feel your pain, but please know that it does get better over time and you eventually come to peace with the fact that he is in a better place. I still think about him every day, but now can chuckle about what I've done that would piss him off.

The worst part was seeing what his passing has done to my mother, who still survives. She misses him dearly to this day, and has even indicated recently that she is "ready to go be with him again". It sucks, but I keep reminding her that her grandchildren need her to stick around for a while. Please do all you can to encourage your mom to go on with life, and enjoy every day with her family.

God Bless, Whoop.

No one can every take your dads place but God gave you a beautiful baby boy and your dad is looking down smiling as he watches you create the same bond with your son as you had with your dad.

No one can every take your dads place but God gave you a beautiful baby boy and your dad is looking down smiling as he watches you create the same bond with your son as you had with your dad.

Perfectly said whomp and I agree ...amen to that

I could only imagine how hard this must be for you. From reading some of the things you have said about your father in the over the last couple of years it is easy to see that he was a very good man. Live by his example and continue to make him proud. I am sure that he is smiling everyday as he looks over you and your family. Try to hang in there Menudo.

My Pops is now 67(68 in November) and knows he's in the short rows, it's always been tuff love between us but it will be a hugh void when he does go-Time will heal the scar buddy and soothe the hurt, but good memories can be cherished..therefore he lives through you and his blood courses through your sons veins-Peace PD.