[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Juice Pouches

Savage Beatings

I hate those GDMFing juice pouches! Every time I try to poke the straw into one of those thigns for my kid, one of two things happens:

1) I end up poking the straw all the way through both sides of the pouch... OR

2) I get the straw into the pouch without puncturing the other side, but the juice volcanoes up through the top of the straw spilling all over my hands.

I HATE JUICE POUCHES!!! :D

I hate those GDMFing juice pouches! Every time I try to poke the straw into one of those thigns for my kid, one of two things happens:

2) I get the straw into the pouch without puncturing the other side, but the juice volcanoes up through the top of the straw spilling all over my hands.

:D You're an idiot Savage.

Edited by Goopster24

The trick is to take it slow. Set the bottom of the pouch down on a hard surface and squeeze the pouch until the juice is at the bottom, then puff out the sides of the pouch to give you some space (so you don't poke the straw through the other side). Insert the straw through the entry point as straight down as you can---slowwwwwly! Presto! One kid-size drink ready to go.

Years of practice and numerous bottles of Spray & Wash. :D

And yes, those things are truly evil.

You must be strong.

:D

I haven't had a problem with those since I was 11 and figured out a way to do it without either of those two things happening. Not saying you aren't smart or anything. . .

dummy

:D You're an idiot Savage.

Hold the pouch by the seam at the top, push the sharp end of the straw against the pouch where it is supposed to be inserted until the weight of it is pushing against the point. Then slowly push down and the point should catch & pierce it slowly. I never spill a drop & I don't have to drink off any overflow.

Edited by rajncajn

It keeps them from squeezing the box and squirting juice everywhere.

Thats my kids problem with the pouches..As soon as she gets it she squeezes

True dat ...

I think a lot of readers missed this important point ...

I was at my cousin's grad party last night. It was at a hall with a bartender but because there was a lot of small kids there my Aunt and Uncle bought a bunch of juice pouches. I look over and the bartender who is about 60 and probably never seen a juice box was battling with the straw. Funny chit.