[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Size 38's

The Holy Roller

I've been wearing waist size 36 jeans since I was 30 (a couple decades) and recently that size has become more snug than TimC on a date with Bea Arthur. Put on a pair of 38's yesterday and MY GOD THEY FELT GOOOOOOD! I think I will concede the fight. I encourage you young'uns to keep battling but for me, Patton won the Battle of the Bulge. I surrender. :D

Edited by The Holy Roller

+1. I cant lift weights anymore because of my shoulder. I cant run because of my knee. Mid 40's and you just start falling apart. And you body goes to Sega!!

Edited by spain

I've gone the opposite way since the beginning of the summer. I've dropped 23 pounds and from 38-36...that elliptical is a godsend

I've been a 40 since a few years after college (thank you Natural Light and Woodstock's Pizza). After repeated nudges by the wife :D I tried some 38's and by golly I fit just fine. In fact, I'm close to getting back to 36.

I was a 34 before the wife became pregnant. I've been a 36 for the past 4 or 5 months but 36's are finally getting too big since I've shed off 5lbs the last month now that I'm no longer trying to keep pace with the pregger appetite. :D

I'm hoping to convince my wife to let me play in a WSOP event next year (one of the smaller buy-in events) if I hit some weight loss milestones. I figure having a fixed time period with a very desireable reward will encourage me.

Hard part is finding the time for the gym with two kids. Righ now the most "realistic" is if I start getting up at about 4:30AM to hit the gym before getting ready for work. I figure I will give this a shot after WCOFF as even if I start that schedule now, two weeks in England and IReland will throw it out of whack anyway.

Started off last summer 38-40. 46 lbs later and I'm a 34! I think the last time I've been a 34 was like 7-8th grade. Only down side is I made my goal a few weeks ago and I think I've put back on 4-5lbs. We've had a busy summer. Can't be too bad as the 34's are still fitting. Another benifit to getting out of the 40's is that I can now find my size at stores a heck of a lot easier than before.

Hard part is finding the time for the gym with two kids. Righ now the most "realistic" is if I start getting up at about 4:30AM to hit the gym before getting ready for work.

QFT

I would have to get up @ 6:30 to have any time in the gym. They are building a gym at my work and I cant wait till its done.

My 38's are too big now, down a 34 since last winter. Herbal life!

Ya'll sound like a bunch of women. :D

It's not the number that really counts.....it's how the pants fit you. Squeezing into a 36, being uncomfortable and looking decidedly lumpy JUST for the sake of saying you wear 36......well....stupid....LOL. :wacko: Like women buying shoes too small because the little size 6 "looks cuter" displayed in the store. :D

I bet you look stylin' in your 38s, HR. :wacko: Bet the pleats lay nice and flat too!!

And I thought this was a Quimby thread as well. :wacko: