[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You might want to think twice about bottled water

twiley

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuji or Fiji?

My wife didn't believe me that Dasani/Aquafina taste like garbage, until I bought a Fiji when she had a Dasani - she drank the Dasani, then the Fiji and promptly dumped the Dasani out.

Personally, I look at the 1.29/whatever as a "bottle fee" - I like the convenience of the bottle but just keep filling it up from a tap. Water is water, for the most part.

The bottles aren't built to be refilled. You can harbor nasty bacteria doing that. The plastics industry is looking out for you.

The bottles aren't built to be refilled. You can harbor nasty bacteria doing that. The plastics industry is looking out for you.

Being exposed to all that bacteria just makes me stronger. When you are all kilt by the Asian superflu, I will be standing strong.

I drink copious amounts of bottled water but the only one I drink is called Smart Water by Glaceau. It is made by vapor distillation - turning the water into steam and recollecting it so that it is as pure as possible and then they add some electrolytes back into it. The water tastes better than anything I have ever had - just try one. It is pure water and has nothing you find from tap water or spring water which both will have at least some trace elements in it. Since they turn it into steam, it doesn't matter where it comes from because all you get is just pure water. Hydrating yourself properly is very important and smart water tastes great cold or warm. I have bought it by the case when I can find it.

I was drinking a fiji and my Dad, the ex-Navy guy he is, said, "Drinking some of that Fiji salt water, eh?" He'd been to Fiji while on WestPac during Korea and rememerd the water. And you know, I think it does retain some salt, maybe that is why it is so soft... :D

There are a few glass-bottled waters from Italy that are better, but nothing you can consistently get at the Quickee Mart.

I started drinking "light" water a few months back. I don't know where it is made but my buddy from the power plant sells it. My teeth seem to be getting whiter by I know for a fact my hair is thinning. It tastes great and makes my tongue tingle.

I started drinking "light" water a few months back. I don't know where it is made but my buddy from the power plant sells it. My teeth seem to be getting whiter by I know for a fact my hair is thinning. It tastes great and makes my tongue tingle.

Well my buddy, Adolph, who works at the power plant near here, sells this stuff called "heavy water". From my own glow I can see things in the dark now. And my peener has it's own peener now.

I drink copious amounts of bottled water but the only one I drink is called Smart Water by Glaceau. It is made by vapor distillation - turning the water into steam and recollecting it so that it is as pure as possible and then they add some electrolytes back into it. The water tastes better than anything I have ever had - just try one. It is pure water and has nothing you find from tap water or spring water which both will have at least some trace elements in it. Since they turn it into steam, it doesn't matter where it comes from because all you get is just pure water. Hydrating yourself properly is very important and smart water tastes great cold or warm. I have bought it by the case when I can find it.

Distilled water is supposed to be bad for you because it's extremely acidic...

Aquafina is $3.50 at Timberwolves games. :D This is why I always sneak a bottle in for my wife. Oddly enough, there's a vending machine in the skyway right outside the arena where the same bottle of Aquafina is $1.00

Edited by Ursa Majoris

The Rupp family? :D Any other Adolphs out there?

Adolph Menjou

Adolph's Meat Tenderizer (Rempp)

Adolphe Sax

Adolph Zukor

Adolph Eichmann :D

Adolph S. Ochs

Adolph von Menzel