[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drew the first pick in my local

Big F'n Dave

12- team redraft - standard performance scoring - where we have a blind draw for positions every year. I've actually drawn the one hole before and traded out of it. Thinking I may keep it this year. But while it'd be great to have LT, I don't know if I want to wait 23 players between picks either. Somebody hit me with some pros and cons. :D

12- team redraft - standard performance scoring - where we have a blind draw for positions every year. I've actually drawn the one hole before and traded out of it. Thinking I may keep it this year. But while it'd be great to have LT, I don't know if I want to wait 23 players between picks either. Somebody hit me with some pros and cons. :D

I'm with you I hate that wait. However if you look at the Ladder drafts the guys with the #1 pick have some really solid teams!

I also scored the 1st overall pick in my local redrafter and like you have mixed feelings.

I don't believe I will trade out of it though ... in years past when I have had the number 1 pick I have taken the stud RB and back to back WRs in the 2nd and 3rd and fared well. If LT performs as he always have your RB2 becomes much less important because LT very often scores as much or more than the RB1 + RB2 on other teams.

Doesn't it depend on the size of your starting lineup? Personally I've never played in a league that started less than 5 backs/wr combo and in some we start 6. With that in mind, I might well trade out of the #1 spot because in this format you need depth. On the other hand, if you have small starting lineups, I'd want LT in a heartbeat and never look back.

One more thing to consider....with rbbc being the rule of the day I'm seeing some of the better owners in my slow drafts really going wrs much earlier than normal. Backs that are splitting time have now lowered their projections much more to the level of second and third tier wrs. Given that, even w/a big lineup LT would be worth having. (I guess I contradicted my original point, but its worth considering)

Just look at all of the drafts in the Huddle Ladder league. Every one of the teams that picked #1 overall look amazingly strong and are poised for a Championship. The #1 pick is absolutely the best spot this year (probably most years but particularly this year).

You are absolutely NUTS!! if you trade this pick away for any other. It is the best spot to draft from.

You are absolutely NUTS!! if you trade this pick away for any other. It is the best spot to draft from.

Unless you trade for the 1.02 and 2.11 I agree leaving you with 1.02/2.11/2.11/3,01. What would someone give in value for it?

LT is the only early RB without any ?'s whatsoever heading into the season. In no real order....

• SJax now has Linehan saying Leonard will get 15 touches per game

• Gore, hand, can he matchy last year's big #'s?

• LJ, holdout, OL retiring, crappy QB/WR play

• Alexander, coming off injury

• Addai, can he do it again and handle being the man for a full season?

• Parker, slight knee worries, new offensive system

• Maroney, injury history, can he handle being feature back?

• Rudi, has taken a pounding the last couple years, low YPC (which he makes up for with tons of carries, chicken or egg kind of thing)

• Henry, a little overvalued simply by going to denver? nicks and cuts the past couple years, can he translate last year's solid #'s into full season?

• Westbrook, coming off nice year but has a noted injury history of his own

• Bush, Deuce still there

• MJD, Taylor still there

and on and on.....LT is a lock to produce, and possibly even get better with Norv "my systems create stud RBs" Turner in SD now, Rivers another year seasoned, VIncent Jackson possibly emerging as a go-to WR (?), Gates being his stud self....there's no downside with him (knock on wood, 'cause I have the #1 pick in my WCOFF league and we're definitely going LT).

Translation: This yerar, of all years, do NOT trade out of the #1. Like DMD and others have said, you'll get 3 of the best 25 fantasy players on earth with that pick. You could go LT-Wayne-Holt....LT-Fitz-Brady...LT-Edge-T.O...whatever it is, you have some great combos to consider and you'll be off to a helluva start in the first 3 rounds. :D