[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It Rained, Then rained some more last night

MikesVikes

We had some heavy duty rain in our area last night. Winona and that area was hit hard. My daughter lives there and my wife worked near there last year.

link

My brother in law is Chief of Police in one of those flooded towns. He probably didn't get this weekend off.

Been raining for 2 days here, and it's expected for the next three....off and on for the downpours, but a steady rain most times. One of my co-workers took the family camping up in southern Wisconsin and I'm sure they've had a helluva time with that.

This calls for another "Name that Artist" quiz!!

No googling!!

1. "If the rain comes they run and hide their heads. They might as well be dead."

2. "Let the stormy clouds chase, everyone from the place"

3. "It's raining men, hallelujah!"

4. "Rain, feel it on my fingertips. Hear it on my window pane"

5. "Rain down, rain down, come on rain down on me. From a great height. From a great height."

6. "Yeah flood water keep a rollin'. Man it's about to drive poor me insane"

7. "Long as I remember the rain been comin down. Clouds of mystry pourin confusion on the ground."

8. "And I don't understand why I sleep all day. And I start to complain when there's no rain"

9. "Someone told me long ago there’s a calm before the storm. I know it’s been comin’ for some time."

10. "Falling on my head like a memory. Falling on my head like a new emotion."

I live in Enid, OK (90 miles NW of OKC). Kingfisher is 38 miles south of us and Watonga is about 70 miles SW of here. We received 1/4" of rain Saturday and Kingfisher got 14". Watonga had 4 hours of sustained 85 mph winds and 9" of rain. Unbelievable what a difference 38 miles can make. Mrs. Redfish is in Watonga volunteering with the Red Cross today.

Side note: The main reason I always end up back in Oklahoma after stints in other areas is the spirit of these people. I'm sure most of you guys probably saw some clips on the news of the devastation in Kingfisher. Not one incident of looting or profiteering. No violence, no mayhem. Tons of people within a 100 mile radius just showed up with boats, etc and started helping. Lay on the redneck jokes heavy, but there is something to be said for the humanity here. Same after the 1999 F6 tornado and after the Murrah building bombing.

Now, who's gonna start at QB for the Sooners this year......................

This calls for another "Name that Artist" quiz!!

No googling!!

1. "If the rain comes they run and hide their heads. They might as well be dead."

2. "Let the stormy clouds chase, everyone from the place"

3. "It's raining men, hallelujah!" - The Weathergirls

4. "Rain, feel it on my fingertips. Hear it on my window pane"

5. "Rain down, rain down, come on rain down on me. From a great height. From a great height."

6. "Yeah flood water keep a rollin'. Man it's about to drive poor me insane"

7. "Long as I remember the rain been comin down. Clouds of mystry pourin confusion on the ground." - CCR

8. "And I don't understand why I sleep all day. And I start to complain when there's no rain" - Blind Melon

9. "Someone told me long ago there’s a calm before the storm. I know it’s been comin’ for some time." - CCR (again!)

10. "Falling on my head like a memory. Falling on my head like a new emotion." - Eurythmics

Yes, I did leave out Chocolate Rain. . .who ever heard of a quiz with 11 questions??

Come on boys, you're missing the easy ones!

5. "Rain down, rain down, come on rain down on me. From a great height. From a great height." Radiohead - Paranoid Android w00t

That's it, sir

You're leaving

The crackle of pigskin

The dust and the screaming

The yuppies networking

The panic, the vomit

The panic, the vomit

God loves his children, God loves his children, yay

Edited by DemonKnight