[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb , what a toolbox

RJV

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a philly fan you really need to try and remember what it was like prior to Reid and McNabb...but then again if you are only 12 that wont be easy to do....Did they win us a SB ring? No they havent. Have they given us one of the best teams this last decade? Yes they have. This franchise is in much better shape now then when Reid & McNabb 1st got here.

oh and as for HELLO Mr. KOLB!!!!! be careful what you wish for.

It's nice to see an Eagle fan that actually appreciates what Reid and McNabb have done in their timed in Philly. Things aren't looking good right now, but, how can the fans turn on two people who have done so many good things for the franchise ?

As Jesse Jackson might say, "we need to include, not exclude, unite, not divide, bring together not apart". Chicago would happily welcome their native son! Besides, we're used to inaccurate passers around here the last few years!

I don't recall John Elway having to hear all the loser criticism midway threw his career. Maybe it is a black thing. Maybe Philly fans just don't know what they got.

Give the guy a break. Sure wish the Lions had him.

I think it has a lot more to do with the fans in Philly than the color of his skin.

man, McNaab has fallen- I agree with OP- it looks like he is done. While never having many quality WR to throw to most of his career- he really looks bad thus far. Maybe the knee injury is not allowing him to make needed NFL throws, I dunno.

The race card is a joke- it is called being an NFL QB- color makes no difference- you get too much of the credit, and too much blame.

Is this not the same QB who was gasping for air, supposedly on the verge of puking from partying too much in a crucial drive in the SB?

It's nice to see an Eagle fan that actually appreciates what Reid and McNabb have done in their timed in Philly. Things aren't looking good right now, but, how can the fans turn on two people who have done so many good things for the franchise ?

Reid and McNabb have given Philly the best football teams the city has had in my generation. Of course as a fan you boo, or question play calls, but I can't imagine the Eagles w/out them. People need to stop and think about what will happen if the Eagles brass does decide to cut ties w/either of them. How does 2-14 sound? Kolb is clearly not the answer. Not yet anyway. I truly hope D-Mac retires as an Eagle.

the ones that are turning are not real fans of the team....we like to call them bandwagon-jumpers....and trust me, there are plenty getting off right now.

Count me among those that have been very appreciative of the efforts of both McNabb and Reid, Super Bowl win or not.

the ones that are turning are not real fans of the team....we like to call them bandwagon-jumpers....and trust me, there are plenty getting off right now.

Count me among those that have been very appreciative of the efforts of both McNabb and Reid, Super Bowl win or not.

I confused the bolded part for a bomb threat...

and FYI...In a previous life I was one of the guys playing the violin or whatever when the Titanic was sinking....

I won't say we're out until week 8 or 9 rolls around and we aren't .500 or better...

4-4 at week 8 is fine if they get things rolling like they've done in the past....it just depends on how the momentum looks...

:D

McNabb is the biggest Baby. Thats all he will be. He has to be the most over rated QB ever. As stated previously, who can't have a high completion % lobbing balls to RBs and TE's? C'mon, he whinned to get TO out, he rushed back from injury to get Garcia out (the dumbest move by Philly ever) and is now whinning his black ass off about racism.............get real. Any QB that sux gets criticized ask Grossman................

:D

McNabb is the biggest Baby. Thats all he will be. He has to be the most over rated QB ever. As stated previously, who can't have a high completion % lobbing balls to RBs and TE's? C'mon, he whinned to get TO out, he rushed back from injury to get Garcia out (the dumbest move by Philly ever) and is now whinning his black ass off about racism.............get real. Any QB that sux gets criticized ask Grossman................

Actually I think TO left because of a contract issue. Come to think of it I think Garcia left because the Egales didn't want to pay him starter money to be a backup.

Chris Carter on HBO just did one of the most honest, straightforward assessments of the "black quarterback" quandary that I've ever heard.

This is the first time that I've heard someone in the mainstream media tackle this issue in such a straightforward manner. Basically he said that McNabb is criticized not because of his race, but because of his performance. He (and the rest of the crew) went on to point out how badly Peyton Manning was criticized and labeled a choker prior to last year. And how Jamarcus Russell being picked #1 overall, Vince Young, Michael Vick...and McNabb himself...being picked as the top QBs in their respective drafts (and getting 8 or 9 figure contracts) proves that there is no systematic racism being emlployed.

But he went on to say that he understands McNabb's sensitivity to the issue given past history.

Kind of made me understand both sides of the issue. I thought they did a good job with this.

Chris Carter on HBO just did one of the most honest, straightforward assessments of the "black quarterback" quandary that I've ever heard.

This is the first time that I've heard someone in the mainstream media tackle this issue in such a straightforward manner. Basically he said that McNabb is criticized not because of his race, but because of his performance. He (and the rest of the crew) went on to point out how badly Peyton Manning was criticized and labeled a choker prior to last year. And how Jamarcus Russell being picked #1 overall, Vince Young, Michael Vick...and McNabb himself...being picked as the top QBs in their respective drafts (and getting 8 or 9 figure contracts) proves that there is no systematic racism being emlployed.

But he went on to say that he understands McNabb's sensitivity to the issue given past history.

Kind of made me understand both sides of the issue. I thought they did a good job with this.

Tim Brown was on Colin Cowherd's show this morning and he said that he was "saddened" by McNabb's comments. He went on to say that the real problem was the criticism from not winning a SB that was coming from the Philly fans and media - and that Don just needs a change of venue. I couldn't agree more.

Actually, to me, this seems to be the consensus in the media. I heard the same general sentiment last night on NFL Live and from every single host I listened to today on the regional sports talk show in Seattle. Methinks everyone has a tendency to make mountains out of molehills and make the "mainstream media" a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I disagree with what Mcnabb said, but I'm also aware it was probably an interview with many other questions and he may have gotten somewhat baited into making those statements. Again..part of the widely publicized statements Mcnabb made, but almost everyone is ignoring is:

"Every year I'm part of some criticism," McNabb says with a chuckle. "But every day that we go through life, you're faced with a lot of adversity. Now the answer is how do you handle the adversity. How do you respond?

No one comments on this, but it was part of the "whitey is keeping me down" stuff.

I'm not trying to defend McNabb, it's just my belief that everyone likes to take certain sound bites and blow them out of proportion. At the very least, people subconsciously dismiss certain statements because it is human nature to get your panties in a bunch.

How does it feel knowing you will never see a Super Bowl victory?

It feels all tingly, like when you empty a brand new bag of skittles in your raincoat pocket.

McNabb's still gimpy and very rusty. Reid apparently took over the play-calling again. The WRs are underachieving, which puts them in the dismal category, since none of them are great to begin with. The Offensive line is doing a suboptimal job pass-protecting. Reid apparently took over the play-calling again. No, that's not a typo.

It's week two, and yes, I am sick of losing games we should/could have won. But, I'll be damned if I am gonna start pressing the panic button this early.

And, as for the race card stuff... really, honestly... who the fug cares? Just play, and play well.

Perhaps this will help clear things up for those that think McNabb was playing some kind of race card.

From today's Philadelphia Inquirer:

During his news conference yesterday, McNabb said he didn't regret his comments, but he attempted several times to clarify them and said they were blown out of proportion.

"I answered the way I felt," McNabb said. "So did I expect backlash from it? Yeah. Everything I say I expect backlash from." McNabb said he felt African American quarterbacks are more apt to be categorized as running quarterbacks and asked about that part of their game more often than his white peers. He said he believed it should just be about winning games. "That's what it's all about," he said. "It doesn't matter if you're black, white, red, green, yellow. It's about winning football games."

McNabb noted that he did not bring up the issue about how quarterbacks of different races are criticized, but was questioned about it by Brown.

"The question was asked; I answered it," he said. "I've been in this business for a long time. If I don't answer a question, then it's an issue. If I do answer the question, it's an issue."

And what about the 0-2 Eagles' struggling offense, which will return to the field Sunday against the 2-0 Detroit Lions?

"Offensively, we're just a little bit out of sync," McNabb said. ". . . We just have to be able to capitalize, and . . . this is the time to change."

And these comments, from his blog:

Excerpts from Donovan McNabb's blog last night at yardbarker.com:

"There has been a lot of talk about the interview I did on HBO's Real Sports. I have no apologies. I was asked a variety of questions and I answered them. The fact that the producers and publicists at HBO decided to focus on those answers that related to race shows that it remains a hot topic in society today. . . .

"The interview took place in August before the season started, so . . . those who think I 'played the race card' because we are 0-2 are dead wrong.

"I did not say that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Carson Palmer are not criticized when they don't play well. They have been criticized when they throw interceptions, when they throw incompletions, and when their teams don't win. . . . But that's not the type of criticism that we discussed.

"Black quarterbacks have to deal with different things than white quarterbacks. If you don't think that's true then you are naïve. Peyton, Tom and Carson . . . have never been asked what it's like to be a white quarterback. They probably have not been told that they should have scrambled more. I bet Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young, Jake Plummer and Doug Flutie have never been told by a member of any racial-consciousness organization that they don't play the quarterback position white enough."

While I wish he just would have said "no comment", I commend him for being man enough to say what he really feels (whether the general population feels its inappropriate or not).