[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To all parents, we don't want yer kid's overpriced candy

TimC

Well, the annual "bring your overpriced candy" sale to help raise money for your kid's school has begun. Three co-worker Moms that should be home raising their kids and fixing them a snack when they get home instead of working to pay for the big house and 3 cars hit me up yesterday. I don't even know what these companies are...never heard of 'em. I can pick up a bag of M&M's at Tar-jay for $3.00, but your little flyer thing wants $16.00 for it. Sure, sign me up!!!

Those of us that don't want to bring a child into this hopeless miserable world but must pay real estate taxes to support these free mind-control institutions you people call schools already pay enough with no benefit. Schools are simply babysitting factories today anyways. Let's make parents pay for their own kid's schooling. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say free edumacation.

Besides, where is all that lottery money going? When I was a kid back in the day, we never had trailers and didn't have to beg for money by selling junk to attend school. It's probably just a scam for these companies anyways.

So take yer $23 figurine that I see at the Dollar Store and shove it.

I bought the over priced gift wrap this year. :D

We bought a DIY gingerbread house. I'm not a baking type of guy. And lord knows my wife can't build her way out of a paper bag so guess who gets to put the little house together?!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I sort of have an agreement with the people in my office..For many years that I was here I had no kids but always bought whatever people put in front of me..Now that I have kids the people I always bought from are returning the favor..The people in the office that have no kids dont usually buy and I have no problem with thtat ..The people here with kids all buy from each other..It works out fine..

Edited by whomper

That's it... I'm going out and buying some crap... I'll slap a picture of an Ethiopian on the front and then I'm just going to bring that junk in to work about once a month and sell it for world hunger. I mean it's not really a lie. I'm hungry, and I live in the world. :D

I sort of have an agreement with the people in my office..For many years that I was here I had no kids but always bought whatever people put in front of me..Now that I have kids the people I always bought from are returning the favor..The people in the office that have no kids dont usually buy and I have no problem with thtat ..The people here with kids all buy from each other..It works out fine..

+1 - and this should end the discussion. No one said TimmyC had to buy anything, and as long as you're buying when others sell, then vice-versa. It all comes back around....

I will add that only a third of them are for school at my house - the others are for sports and Cub Scouts. It supposedly holds the entry fee down for those less fortunate - altho I wonder who they hit up for their sales if the family and neighbors can't help. I bet they go to the wealthy 'hoods - smart kids! I see busloads of them at Halloween - they know where the generous people live...

But I agree with Tim on this - I'd pay extra for not having to deal with this every @*&$ year....

Edited by Coffeeman

+1 - and this should end the discussion. No one said TimmyC had to buy anything, and as long as you're buying when others sell, then vice-versa. It all comes back around....

Yes, this way EVERYONE gets ripped off some time or another!!