[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Curb your enthusiasm

whomper

Anyone else agree that this is the funniest show on television ? Larry David is an absolute genius..You really see a lot of the Seinfeld mechanics watching this show..When it first came out I thought he was a little annoying but after watching a few episodes I got totally hooked. I think this show is hysterical..

Edited by whomper

Anyone else agree that this is the funniest show on television ? Larry David is an absolute genius..You really see a lot of the Seinfeld mechanics watching this show..When it first came out I thought he was a little annoying but after watching a few episodes I got totally hooked. I think this show is hysterical..

the wife and i are hugh fans....we have all sorts of little inside jokes based on stuff in the show. i have to say, it tickles me even more than the old seinfeld episodes.

I've seen most of the episodes, but to me, this is one show that I could watch over and over and still laugh. I bought seasons 1-5 at Best Buy for $19.99 per season. They were like 50% off at the time, I believe. Well worth the money, IMO.

The first 3 seasons were absolutely hysterical, the last two seasons not funny whatsoever.

I watched the season premiere the other night and chuckled a couple of times, but forgot to watch this past week's. Thanks for reminding me.

You gotta get HBO........I think the show is hilarious.

Yep, HBO is a must these days.

Curb is a solid show no doubt but still behind Entourage, Office, and How I met your mother and maybe Two and a half men for me. No where near Seinfeld though not that anyone compared it to Seinfeld but still.

The first 3 seasons were absolutely hysterical, the last two seasons not funny whatsoever.

I watched the season premiere the other night and chuckled a couple of times, but forgot to watch this past week's. Thanks for reminding me.

Watch the episode from last season called "Ski Lift" you will be happy you did

I have Larry David moments everyday. Today I axed a gal that was was cherub and wearing what I thought was maternity clothing if she knew what she was having?. At first she didn't understand, then she told me she wasn't preggers.

Day before yesterday I axe a guy with a cast on his hand if his wife suddenly crossed her legs. He told me he was ghey. Me, I say dude sorry man, but the wedding ring threw me off. This was two at once......

I have Larry David moments everyday. Today I axed a gal that was was cherub and wearing what I thought was maternity clothing if she knew what she was having?. At first she didn't understand, then she told me she wasn't preggers.

Day before yesterday I axe a guy with a cast on his hand if his wife suddenly crossed her legs. He told me he was ghey. Me, I say dude sorry man, but the wedding ring threw me off. This was two at once......

I coughed up a pubic hair on a nativity scene.

• 10 months later...
it's like a poor mans Seinfeld...

but Curb > 95% of everything out there on TV....

I still like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Weeds and Californication....

way late to the party on this, but making my way thru Weeds and Californication- Both are flat out great shows :wacko:

Weeds has a bunch of hilarious characters and Duchovny is perfek in his role - highly recommend em both

This season's Weeds seems to have dropped off from the previous ones.

They really got away from what made it funny by putting the characters in overly serious situations, IMO. It was funnier when it was more light-hearted, with a sprinkling of seriousness. If it weren't for Doug and Andy's characters you'd barley be able to call it a comedy. Going from hot, suburban house mom trying to pay the mortgage straight to career criminal involvement with Mexican drug cartels was major shift in the show, one that I'm not enjoying all that much.

And last week's episode was a bizarre collage of sexual weirdness.

This season's Weeds seems to have dropped off from the previous ones.

in my opinion, the first season merited 3 stars out of 5. the second season, 4 out of 5. the third season, 1 or 2 out of 5. the show decided to take itself seriously and just got stupid and pendantic. haven't watched any of the 4th season, don't know if I will or not when it comes out on disc.

They really got away from what made it funny by putting the characters in overly serious situations, IMO. It was funnier when it was more light-hearted, with a sprinkling of seriousness. If it weren't for Doug and Andy's characters you'd barley be able to call it a comedy. Going from hot, suburban house mom trying to pay the mortgage straight to career criminal involvement with Mexican drug cartels was major shift in the show, one that I'm not enjoying all that much.

And last week's episode was a bizarre collage of sexual weirdness.

There was that minute-or-so long montage that was, at time, un-watchable. :wacko: Thanks, but seeing two ugly male cops making out, then some dude's ass cheeks back-to-back isn't quite my thing. :D

There was that minute-or-so long montage that was, at time, un-watchable. :wacko: Thanks, but seeing two ugly male cops making out, then some dude's ass cheeks back-to-back isn't quite my thing. :D

And as if watching some young boy masturbate isn't uncomfortable enough, the twist they put on it was a fetish I'd rather not witness.

The spanking scene was okay, I guess.

I could have done without the dude on dude scene.

The ghey dude with the gigantic baby he had with the hooker was pretty funny, though.

And the cheese shop scene was borderline pron, which was okay with me.

Edited by yo mama