[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas vs. GB - NFL Network

KOKIDKOKID

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who let Texas in the country anyway?

Texas statehood: Dec. 29th 1845

James Knox Polk

11th President of the United States

(March 4, 1845 to March 3, 1849 - 1 Term)

49 years old, Presbyterian, Lawyer, Democrat

Therefore, I blame the Democrats...or Polkaset. :D

James Knox Polk

11th President of the United States

(March 4, 1845 to March 3, 1849 - 1 Term)

49 years old, Presbyterian, Lawyer, Democrat

Therefore, I blame the Democrats...or Polkaset. :D

Polksalet's relatives probably needed new land to survey. :D

That's what they say. They are the ones who blocked local channels from satellite and then lied about it.

NFL N costs them 75 cents a subscriber. They are saying they want to save you that but if you look at where they would put the channel it's in the high digital tier, cost you a lot more than 75 cents.

Check the facts independently.

I just signed up for it. Its an add on for Comcast which costs me $7 a month. I would have spent more than that at the bar for sure. Oh, and I get the game show network and the tennis network as well! :D

That's what they say but do you really believe it? If they put it on basic they feel they would lose money.

I hope the NFL makes this game available as a PR move. Give it to local channels or Cable with a message.

Both sides are at fault.

TW and Comcast want to package it on their sports packages which would cost the subscriber at or over a minimum of $4.99 in addition to basic cable. Yet both networks broadcast Versus, The Golf Channel, and Speed Networks on their basic plans which are owned by Comcast!! Thus, Comcast is making us pay more for 3 channels we dont' necessarily want (that they own) while saying adding the NFLN would drive up costs. The "driving up cost" comment is a joke as the cable companies would pass on the cost to the consumer. They just want to push their own channels and make us pay 5 bucks more at a minimum.

NFL is at fault for it's ridiculous $.75/month rate. That's too high for a limited amount of games and endless reruns of NFL Films' specials. Considering the NFL would then be able to sell ad space with those monthly subscription fees, the NFL would make a killing. Plus, the NFL has been a little ruthless in telling the consumer to switch to satellite, but I guess all is fair in love and war.

Last, you aren't going to see the NFL cave in and put the game out there for anyone. They didn't last year and Jerry Jones isn't going to back down.

Edited by WorstCoachingEver

You Packer fans have been spoiled far too long...I cannot wait for the decades you go through post Favre... :D

Must be a Queens fan. If the Vikes would spend some money and try and stay out of jail (more than other teams anyway), they might be good someday. People are all giddy about this Peterson fella, but I guarantee the Vikes will do so kind of stupid trade that will kill them and some other team will benefit.

Anyway, Packers win 31-27

I've had the DirecTV NFL Ticket since 99, and, it's been worth every penny. So it'll be on at my house like every other game.

I know that not every one can, but I'd rather pay DirecTV than the Dolan's.

i get NFL N and have for a couple years on my cable company, RCN.

BUT, this year is the first year i can see the games.

last year RCN blacked out the games and ran other programming during the game...lame.

i was told, last year, that RCN didn't want to pay the huge rights fee to the NFL N to carry the games,

and thats what TW's beef was too.....so whats with this .75 cent charge to add it to your package??

i never heard of that, and i wasn't charged more $, to now be able to see the games.

i honestly think that enough people complained or switched carrier, RCN finally caved in....

Cowboys Coach Pitches NFL Network in Radio Ads

Associated Press, 11/14/2007

AUSTIN—Wade Phillips is jumping into the TV football battle to help boss Jerry Jones.

The Dallas Cowboys coach will soon be heard on radio waves in Texas urging football fans to "sack Time Warner" Cable and find a provider that will offer the fledgling NFL network.

The ads will be run in the next few days in the Austin and San Antonio markets and on stations on Dallas Cowboys radio network statewide, said Eric Bearse, spokesman for Football 24.7 Texas, which is affiliated with the NFL Network.

Just broke down and shelled out $5.99 per month to Comcast to get the NFL Network and some other trivial channels.

:D I didn't realize that's all it costs for Comcast subscribers to get the NFL Network. Trust me, it's completely worth it. There's usually some pretty good Thursday/Saturday games on NFL Network, especially with the Cowboys vs Green Bay game. I have DirecTV, so I've had the NFL channel for some time now... looking forward to watching the game this Thursday too! :D

Don't know if this was mentioned yet (don't have time to read this entire thread), but all the NFL Network games will be streamed live at NFL.com. I watched some of the IND-ATL game that way and it performed well.