[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Taylor Speculation Thread

millerx

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Taylor and some friends located the people who had the vehicles, the two sides eventually got into a fight and Taylor hit and shoved at least one person, a prosecutor said in court. Prosecutors had first accused Taylor of pointing a gun during the dispute, but he denied having a weapon. That accusation was dropped in the deal.

That doesnt sound like a thug,sounds like someone who went to get what was stolen,isnt that more vigilante?,the thugs are the ones who stole in the first place.

Vigalante ???? Your a high profile pro athlete....call the damn cops and let them do their job

I keep a machine gun on my side of the bed and my wife has a bazooka. We also have a security system and four rotweilers as a line of first defense.

Going to bed in our house is really tedious due to having to put down the landmines along the front hallway and landing and remember to feed the crocodiles down on the first floor.

True, as long as it's legal to own in your state. I don't know about Florida, but if Taylor lives near Redskins Park in Virginia, it's not to tough. Don't think he lives in DC, where you can't even own a gun (legally). Not sure about MD.

But commenting in general to owning guns, Hugh is absolutely right, I should have said that in my post. Maybe NIck is in a state where laws make it difficult. My apologies.

Taylor did have a record when he plead guilty to misdemeanor assault and battery. The fact that he had violent crime on his record could certainly keep him from legally obtaining firearms permits. I don't know anything about Florida gun law, but I am fairly certain that this would prevent you from obtaining a permit in MA.

Young black males die everyday and leave wives and babies behind all the time, yes it is tragic, any death is and I clearly said that in my first post. But I don't see anyone up in arms about all the young black males who die needlessly in the inner cities of this country on a daily basis. So just because this guy is a multi millionaire, and has been warned over and over again, educated on the mistakes of having criminal behavior or being associated with criminals, we are supposed to be more sympathetic ?? Please

:D

Sounding more and more like an unprofessional hit as ESPN states girlfriend says man broke through locked door while she held baby in arms under the sheets and shot twice fataling wounding Taylor. Like a post earlier said, message #1 knife message #2 delivered. Sick just sick.

What I can't understand for the life of me is why he would take his family back into a home that a knife was left on the bed 8 days prior? Secondly, with all that money how could anyone get through the NEW alarm system that SURELY was installed prior to their arrival at the insistance of Redskin Brass, Security, City, DC, Family, Friends, friendly neighborhood alarm guy, Sean? I mean how could that have been put off or overlooked. And if that was not the case as it is quite obviously was not, then what the heck was the Taylor's security personel doing, city police, neighbors, Redskins Organization, anyone? Nothing that's what. WHY? Unreal just plain rediculous thinking or lack there of.

Worse odds are they will never find who did it.........

Tell you what, I don't know about you but if I walk into my house with draws ransacked and a knife on the bed, the next guy would have to get passed dogs, a moot full of alligators, an electified fence, trip wires, lasers, and once in the house he'd be met with both barrells of a winchester over and under before he made one step off the pressure pad under the mat.

That's just me though, which begs the question, how could he think any other way unless he was accustom to that sort of happenstance and shrugged it off as every day life. Now I ask you, is that any way for anyone to live day to day? No it's not but it is acceptable in our society in the innercity today! No security from childhood and raised in a war zone, so you wonder why they act like soldiers!

Edited by Cowboyz1

Sounding more and more like an unprofessional hit as ESPN states girlfriend says man broke through locked door while she held baby in arms under the sheets and shot twice fataling wounding Taylor. Like a post earlier said, message #1 knife message #2 delivered. Sick just sick.

What I can't understand for the life of me is why he would take his family back into a home that a knife left on the bed 8 day prior? Secondly, with all that money how could anyone get through the NEW alarm system that SURELY was installed prior to their arrival? And if that was not the case as it is quite obviously was not, then what the heck was the Taylor's security personel doing, city police, neighbors, Redskins Organization, anyone? Nothing that's what. WHY?

I cant answer what everyone was doing,but what should they have been doing?Taylor was an adult responsible for his decisions and actions.The police can patrol the area more,but there are still other people in the city they have to worry about also just as much.

The neighbors were all more than likely sleeping at the time.

Just looking at the information that has been released it was either

1.a botched burglary..but if it is that they had been there before or been casing the place,so they had to know the family was there and if they didnt ,they wouldnt have gone to the room and kicked open the door unless they were startled

2.Someone there to murder him.....but if someones there to murder him he has to know the girlfriend is there so why doent he kill the witness or make sure that he killed his intended victim.Possibly wearing a mask so wasnt identifiable other than physical description.But if its someone he had a past with,he would be on a narrow list of suspects to start with.

3.The girlfriend,if hes been cheating she may aim at his groin.....but she makes the call and I havent heard anything to suggest she had any reason to do it or be implicated other than the fact she was there..

Which is most likely is anyones guess,but no matter why it happened its sad.No matter what he has or hasnt done in his past he has never killed anyone.Hes done a couple shady things ,but that doesnt mean he deserved to die for making a few mistakes in his life.

Edited by xtra

kinda crazy...but taylors father is a police chief...and i believe antrell rolles father is a police chief in dade county...and i know brandon merriweather was a criminology major at miami and had a legally registered firearm that he used when a teammate was being fired on...not sure but i think his father might also be a police officer

i remember before the draft i was pushing for merriweather and had to defend him on a patriots board...its just crazy down there...alot of these kids are celebs down there before they leave the u...and they are usually driving around in new cars n trucks before they leave school....even that pata kid was...and he wasnt even a projected first rounder

What I can't understand for the life of me is why he would take his family back into a home that a knife was left on the bed 8 days prior? Secondly, with all that money how could anyone get through the NEW alarm system that SURELY was installed prior to their arrival at the insistance of Redskin Brass, Security, City, DC, Family, Friends, friendly neighborhood alarm guy, Sean? I mean how could that have been put off or overlooked. And if that was not the case as it is quite obviously was not, then what the heck was the Taylor's security personel doing, city police, neighbors, Redskins Organization, anyone? Nothing that's what. WHY? Unreal just plain rediculous thinking or lack there of.

Tell you what, I don't know about you but if I walk into my house with draws ransacked and a knife on the bed, the next guy would have to get passed dogs, a moot full of alligators, an electified fence, trip wires, lasers, and once in the house he'd be met with both barrells of a winchester over and under before he made one step off the pressure pad under the mat.

That's just me though, which begs the question, how could he think any other way unless he was accustom to that sort of happenstance and shrugged it off as every day life. Now I ask you, is that any way for anyone to live day to day? No it's not but it is acceptable in our society in the innercity today! No security from childhood and raised in a war zone, so you wonder why they act like soldiers!

Isn't his father the Chief of police as well :D

Edited by T_bone65

I heard on the radio that, while the telephones were down, the lines were not cut.

If true, this shows how important it is to speculate and jump to conclusions as soon as possible after an incident.

Good work boys.

Young black males die everyday and leave wives and babies behind all the time, yes it is tragic, any death is and I clearly said that in my first post. But I don't see anyone up in arms about all the young black males who die needlessly in the inner cities of this country on a daily basis. So just because this guy is a multi millionaire, and has been warned over and over again, educated on the mistakes of having criminal behavior or being associated with criminals, we are supposed to be more sympathetic ?? Please

(Buy the way I am refering to the mandatory NFL classes by the player's union they have to take) The NFL invests millions of dollars into these programs

Yup.

(Buy the way I am refering to the mandatory NFL classes by the player's union they have to take) The NFL invests millions of dollars into these programs

Seems to me maybe the NFL should try investing more into having these players become better role models for inner city kids rather than trying to keep them away from the hoods all together.

I heard on the radio that, while the telephones were down, the lines were not cut.

If true, this shows how important it is to speculate and jump to conclusions as soon as possible after an incident.

Good work boys.

It's all speculation at this point. No one is jumping to conclusions. That would indicate we know what happened. And from what I have heard the phones were not working when the girlfriend tried to call 911 (so she used her cell phone), but they haven't said the lines were down or just why they were not working when she tried. They are investigating that as well (whether they were tampered with, etc). Hell, she could have just panicked and dialed wrong, it's speculation.

Count me among those dismayed by yet another senseless death to a young man.

I haven't been following the story nearly as closely as most, but it does seem rather apparent that this was no ordinary crime. One, it would appear that is more likely to happen to someone with a sorted history. Did he get what he deserved? Absolutely not. On the other hand, it might be going a bit far to be tripping all over ourselves about the fact that "he'd turned his life around". I mean, if that's in fact true, then it is very, very sad to see that his past caught up with him regardless. However, the first step to not having your past catch up to you is not having a past that you need to be concerned about.

The day somebody decides to straighten out, they're not even with those of us who've been keeping our noses clean all along. Perhaps society owes them the encouragement to keep it going, and that often comes with the benefit of the doubt. However, that doesn't mean they're out of the woods. I mean, this isn't about society in general coming down on Taylor because of his past actions, this is about a particular person pissed off enough at him to do this. It is not through some random bit of luck that nobody is leaving a knife on my bed and then coming back a week later to shoot me and it's not like I'm the nicest guy out there. I've made my share of mistakes but have somehow managed to avoid pissing anyone off to the extent that I need to worry about being shot.

Here's a thought. People often talk about what a shame it is all that oil is sitting under the middle east because otherwise backwards cultures are afforded massive power and importance. If it weren't for that, the modern age would have completely eaten them up. As it stands, these backwards f-ups are given a free pass and don't need to be held accountable for the fact that they've refused to evolve socially.

Now, think about pro sports. You've got the same thing working. For the vast majority of society, evolution stopped being a physical thing long ago. Evolution has meant adapting to a modern world intellectually and socially. However a select, very high profile group of men are outrageously rewarded and sheltered from the need to mentally evolve because of physical attributes and an inclination towards aggression. Not unlike the oil barons in the middle east, their dis-inclination to evolve in the modern sense of the word is being subsidized. Were it not for the fact that these guys are shoved in everyone's faces, it might not have such a cascading social impact, but it trickles down. The incentive to mentally adapt and grow to the extent that you can participate well in society is challenged by the allure of getting bigger, stronger, and more bad-ass in the hopes of a big payday and accolades. For nearly everyone, that second batch of traits would have done a whole lot more good hundreds and hundreds of years ago.

Now, I'm not saying that each and every pro athlete is a barbarian or that pro sports is to blame for all of societies ills. However, it doesn't take a genius to see a very apparent trend here. We idolize people half our age, many of whom are functional illiterates that you wouldn't want to spend ten minutes with. All because they can run a 4.2 40 or can take someone's head off when they come across the middle. If they can manage that and even be remotely respectful and upstanding (things we take for granted in nearly everyone else we deal with on a day to day basis), they're "great guys". If they can actually parlay their enormous fortunes and public adoration into a successful business after their athletic careers, they're championed as pillars of society.

I guess I'm just getting tired of most of this.

I haven't been following the story nearly as closely as most, but it does seem rather apparent that this was no ordinary crime. One, it would appear that is more likely to happen to someone with a sorted history. Did he get what he deserved? Absolutely not. On the other hand, it might be going a bit far to be tripping all over ourselves about the fact that "he'd turned his life around". I mean, if that's in fact true, then it is very, very sad to see that his past caught up with him regardless. However, the first step to not having your past catch up to you is not having a past that you need to be concerned about.

The day somebody decides to straighten out, they're not even with those of us who've been keeping our noses clean all along. Perhaps society owes them the encouragement to keep it going, and that often comes with the benefit of the doubt. However, that doesn't mean they're out of the woods. I mean, this isn't about society in general coming down on Taylor because of his past actions, this is about a particular person pissed off enough at him to do this. It is not through some random bit of luck that nobody is leaving a knife on my bed and then coming back a week later to shoot me and it's not like I'm the nicest guy out there. I've made my share of mistakes but have somehow managed to avoid pissing anyone off to the extent that I need to worry about being shot.

Here's a thought. People often talk about what a shame it is all that oil is sitting under the middle east because otherwise backwards cultures are afforded massive power and importance. If it weren't for that, the modern age would have completely eaten them up. As it stands, these backwards f-ups are given a free pass and don't need to be held accountable for the fact that they've refused to evolve socially.

Now, think about pro sports. You've got the same thing working. For the vast majority of society, evolution stopped being a physical thing long ago. Evolution has meant adapting to a modern world intellectually and socially. However a select, very high profile group of men are outrageously rewarded and sheltered from the need to mentally evolve because of physical attributes and an inclination towards aggression. Not unlike the oil barons in the middle east, their dis-inclination to evolve in the modern sense of the word is being subsidized. Were it not for the fact that these guys are shoved in everyone's faces, it might not have such a cascading social impact, but it trickles down. The incentive to mentally adapt and grow to the extent that you can participate well in society is challenged by the allure of getting bigger, stronger, and more bad-ass in the hopes of a big payday and accolades. For nearly everyone, that second batch of traits would have done a whole lot more good hundreds and hundreds of years ago.

Now, I'm not saying that each and every pro athlete is a barbarian or that pro sports is to blame for all of societies ills. However, it doesn't take a genius to see a very apparent trend here. We idolize people half our age, many of whom are functional illiterates that you wouldn't want to spend ten minutes with. All because they can run a 4.2 40 or can take someone's head off when they come across the middle. If they can manage that and even be remotely respectful and upstanding (things we take for granted in nearly everyone else we deal with on a day to day basis), they're "great guys". If they can actually parlay their enormous fortunes and public adoration into a successful business after their athletic careers, they're championed as pillars of society.

Wow. Well said. :D

:D

Edit to add that i hadn't read Detlef's fine post, much of which I agree with, before posting my long one...sorry if some of the themes are the same....

Did I hear that every team in the NFL is going to wear Taylor's #21 stickers on their helmets for the rest of the season? I feel for Taylor's family (as the dad of a baby girl myself, it kills me to think that his daughter will never know him), but while this is indeed an extremely tragic and unfortunate waste of a young, talented life -- especially in light of his reportedly having really become a positive influence on the team and started down a better path recently -- this seems like a bit of an "over-reaction," for lack of a better term, for the league to honor him like this.

JMHO, but I think they should wait until the results of the investigation are in before they honor him in such grandiose fashion. He was reportedly a good kid at heart with an unfortunately troubled past that he was trying to escape. But he certainly wasn't a saint, that's public fact. What if, God forbid, this murder is indeed a result of bad blood from a past crime or something related to that problem he had with the ATV's and guns a while back. What if it was indeed an "inside job" as many believe due to the questions about the security system, the time frame of the 911 call, etc. Not saying it is, but there is definitely something very fishy -- or at least still very gray -- going on here and I just think that Roger Goodell shouldn't be so quick to honor Taylor league-wide. Redskins with stickers? Sure, they were his teammates, de facto brothers and friends. Anyone else who wants to honor him (past UM teammates or friends in the league, anyone, everyone)? They obviously have that right to do so as they all come to grips with his death and mourn him in whataver fashion they choose. But it should be their choice, not a league-wide decision, and to make it an immediate and official league-wide honor for ALL teams to wear his sticker -- as if he were Jackie Robinson, Roberto Clemente or Pat Tillman -- just seems rash, IMO.

I hate even writing this because in no way am I making light of or brushing off his murder, but the above was unfortunately my first reaction when I heard about the league-wide honor on ESPN this a.m., especially considering Marquise Hill drowned while saving another person's life after a jet ski accident, and no other teams in the NFL are wearing his #91 stickers. I don’t see anyone league-wide wearing Darrent Williams stickers, and he was shot down like Taylor under sketchy circumstances. I don't see the entire league wearing Damien Nash stickers after he dies of cardiac arrest after playing a charity basketball tournament. So why such grand honor for Taylor?

Guess I'm just confused by it and asking for other opinions more than anything. I just see other blogs and sites with total strangers mourning, honoring and absolutely gushing over Taylor as if they knew him personally and he were the second coming of Mother Theresa, or as if he had changed the world or their lives in countless positive ways...all while, as other posts have said, countless young, black males get gunned down every single day -- many of them young men and women who aren't even involved with gangs, drugs, guns, etc. and just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time -- and no one sheds a tear. Taylor may very well have turned into a role model for friends and strangers alike, but I just think the nationwide reaction of "extreme mourning" is just that -- extreme, based on the cult of celebrity and the way we put athletes and movie stars on pedestals. My thoughts and prayers go out to hs family and friends, and Skins fans who will miss a terrific competitor on the field and a kid trying to change his life off of it. But I just can't bring myself to think this is anything beyond an unfortunate, terrible tragedy.

Edited by msaint