[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Evel Kneivel

peepinmofo

I had it. Along with The Bionic Man and a Fonzie figure.

Did you put the Fonzie figure on Evel's bike and have him jump a shark? :D

Still amazed that he did survive all his misshaps.

Edited by Big John

I don't know if he was dick in real life but as a kid it was really cool to watch him on a Saturday jumping crap. I miss those days.

One of the last American Heroes...I was supposed to meet him when I was about 4 years old...He partied with my parents and other relatives one night and told them to bring their kids to his house the next morning to watch him perform some stunts. I was pumped...it was like knowing you were about to meet Superman.

He never showed up...his wife claimed he broke his arm while practicing before we got there. We got some swag and I can remember my Dad mentioning how the a-hole is still probably on a drinking binge. :D

One of the last American Heroes...I was supposed to meet him when I was about 4 years old...He partied with my parents and other relatives one night and told them to bring their kids to his house the next morning to watch him perform some stunts. I was pumped...it was like knowing you were about to meet Superman.

He never showed up...his wife claimed he broke his arm while practicing before we got there. We got some swag and I can remember my Dad mentioning how the a-hole is still probably on a drinking binge. :D

100% guaranteed he was on a binge or massively hungover. :D

I can remember my Dad mentioning how the a-hole is still probably on a drinking binge. :D

I was at a celebrity/charity golf thing a few years ago where his son was definitely in the midst of one.

ETA: He was definitely a hero to every kid in the neighborhood growing up. That Simpsons episode where Bart wants to jump the Canyon on his skateboard, motivated by emulating the daredevil based on Kneival (OK, I looked up his name: Lance Murdock) is one of my all-time favorites.

Edited by godtomsatan

May he RIP

Here's hoping he clear's the top of St. Peter's gate and lands in heaven on his first jump ... Or if he splatters into the wall, here's hoping he can at least give that reassurig waive to the angels in the stands ... "I'm okay -- I'm already dead ..." :-)

Thanks for the random entertainment, EK ... Now hit that ramp fast!!!

May he RIP.

I remember when I was a kid, I had a EK figure on a bike, where you could pull a plastic cord with teeth, and little EK would zoom across the room, hit the ramp and break all kinds of chit in my moms china cabinet. It really pissed her off which made that much more fun.

the Wild Turkey in the cane was awesome and his interview with Jim Rome on the subject was even better

Rome- Hey Evel do you really have Wild Turkey in that cane ?

Evel- ya

Rome- can i have some ?

Evel-no

Rome- are you serious ?

Evel- Do you know who the hell i am

:D

May he RIP.

I remember when I was a kid, I had a EK figure on a bike, where you could pull a plastic cord with teeth, and little EK would zoom across the room, hit the ramp and break all kinds of chit in my moms china cabinet. It really pissed her off which made that much more fun.

Best toy ever. I found one online for $50, thinking about buying it just for the hell of it.