[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick's comeback

weebo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, I wasn't fully paying attention but I thought I heard it as well. He made a comment about Vick being in prison and putting on weight by eating too much fried food and fried chicken..............

edit: just went back and he said...................

"if he doesn't watch himself and is eating alot of fried chicken and fries in prison" :D

what a an id-yet

pretty poor choice of words at best.

Edited by wildcat2334

So would I. But Sharpton (and folks like him) make a living blowing comments like that out of proportion.

Oh, I know.

Remember when Fuzzy Zoeller said the same kind of thing about Tiger Woods? A lot of people made a hugh deal about it but Tiger manned up and blew it off.

Edited by 'canes2004

I heard it as well. While I am pretty sure Blank meant absolutely nothing disrepectful or insulting, I will admit the first thing I thought was he is going to take some heat for that.

Its pretty sad, too, because I think he handled the interview quite well (all things considered) but I am sure there are many people who are going to blow this WAY out of proportion like they do everything else.

I heard it as well. While I am pretty sure Blank meant absolutely nothing disrepectful or insulting, I will admit the first thing I thought was he is going to take some heat for that.

Its pretty sad, too, because I think he handled the interview quite well (all things considered) but I am sure there are many people who are going to blow this WAY out of proportion like they do everything else.

I really doubt it. Everyone knows Blank has loved Vick until this mess.

I really doubt it. Everyone knows Blank has loved Vick until this mess.

That may be true enough, but there are a lot of people out there that will use something like this stir things up. I am sure Jesse will have something to say, as well as the NAACP. They are going to accuse Blank of making (at the very least) an insensitve remark. There will be others as well that will seize the opportunity to raise hell over a rich white owner making (what they will call) a racist remark because he is angry about the whole mess Vick has caused him. I am NOT saying that's what happened, just that is how some people are going to try to spin it.

Its not right, and it shouldnt happen. But I fear it will. I can already hear all the fools on ESPN talking about it ad nauseum tomorrow afternoon and it certainly will have some ink dedicated to it as well.

Truly sad in this day and age that this might still happen. He says "pizza" instead of "fried chicken" and this isnt even an issue. Shouldnt be, anyways, but (like I said) I fear it will be.:D

Were the chickens trained for c0ckfighting before being fried?

Of course they were. I mean, come on....it's part of southern culture..... The Clinton Portis interview when he backs Vick and talks about how dogfighting is part of southern culture is amazing... still amazes me he didn't get criticized more for his remarks.

Why is fried chicken a "black" thing first of all? I love the stuff and I'm white. Second, why is it wrong in the context of him staying in shape (because FRIED chicken isn't known to not be the healthiest thing in the world)? Third, if he had said the same thing about a white player going to prison, would you have the same reaction?

I think we look/listen too hard sometimes. Political correctness is so invasive right now, we don't even consider other meanings for things.

Edited by millerx