[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

lmao @ "Dr Z"

BeeR

The last time they played in 70 degree near perfect weather. Are they predicting snow, freezing temperatures or heavy winds and rain in Arizona?

both teams should do fine in the warm weather ..its not like good weather will cause Giants offense to be less productive

although i would not mind some rain as no doubt better weather favord Brady and friends

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giants do not need to be in the same league with Patriots ...they need to win one game and thats it ( its not a best of 5 or 7 )

Beleiving Pats will win and should win makes sense ...believing Giants can win this one game , especially the way they have been playing the last 3 ( actually 4 as they played pats very well in week 17 ) is very far from an impossibility

wont be easy but clearly they have a shot

+1

Giants 27

Patriots 24

:D

Based on the expert opinion found here, New York should do the obvious thing and not insult the league by actually showing up to the game. Just pack your lockers G-men and go home now!

....and Pats fans continue to be amazed at why they are mocked.

Based on the expert opinion found here, New York should do the obvious thing and not insult the league by actually showing up to the game. Just pack your lockers G-men and go home now!

:D

I am adding you to my friends list ... :D

Oh get over yourself and your generalizations. Twenty people posted in this thread, and one person talks some smack? If you actually read the post, most people agree it's going to be a good game.

Few are making much of it, but the Pats are back to winning games in the playoffs the way they always have: grinding it out while the score is relatively close. That's how they won their 3 SBs. That's how they roll. This likely isn't a team they're going to blow out like they did against Miami or a stumbling Buffalo earlier this year. The 13 1/2 point spread smells like a trap to clean up on cocky Boston fans who think this is still week 5 of the regular season. If the Giants do keep it tight, the Pats can be beaten, expecially if the Giants pass rush excels again.

The way I see it, this Giants team is pretty similar to the 1990 team that beat Buffalo in Super Bowl XXV. Solid running game, above average defense, and good special teams play. I do think this year's team has a better passing game though. If I remember correctly, Buffalo was a double digit favorite in that game. So, the Giants best chance at winning is to come in with the same gameplan they had against Buffalo that year. Control the clock by running the ball effectively to keep New England's offense off the field, the defense needs to hit New England's receivers hard every time they get the chance, and don't turn the ball over. They do that and this game is very much winnable!

The way I see it, this Giants team is pretty similar to the 1990 team that beat Buffalo in Super Bowl XXV. Solid running game, above average defense, and good special teams play. I do think this year's team has a better passing game though. If I remember correctly, Buffalo was a double digit favorite in that game. So, the Giants best chance at winning is to come in with the same gameplan they had against Buffalo that year. Control the clock by running the ball effectively to keep New England's offense off the field, the defense needs to hit New England's receivers hard every time they get the chance, and don't turn the ball over. They do that and this game is very much winnable!

Not to take any wind from your sail, but it was Bill Belichick that came up with the defensive game plan for the Giants against Buffalo.

The same Bill Belichick will be on the opposite side of the field in 2 weeks.

Anyone picking the giants have nothing to lose. If they're right, they get all the accolades and if they're wrong, not many people care. Like Jeremy Green wrote a long article picking the Jags in the second round, and he was wrong and noone noticed. Until we start executing people for picking the wrong team, these idiots will continue to spew their horsecrap.

Anyone picking the giants have nothing to lose. If they're right, they get all the accolades and if they're wrong, not many people care. Like Jeremy Green wrote a long article picking the Jags in the second round, and he was wrong and noone noticed. Until we start executing people for picking the wrong team, these idiots will continue to spew their horsecrap.

So, it's horsecrap to say that the Giants will win this game? C'mon. This is the NFL.

Well, at least you have the right name...

Why is it that anyone picking against the Patriots is a glory hound?They can only pick 1 of 2 teams and if their opinion is against the Patriots its for glory?

1 game glory?Seriously,this has to be one of the most ignorant comments I keep seeing when someone in the media picks against the Patriots.

4th in points allowed, 4th in total defense, 2nd in plays from scrimmage, first in 3rd down conversions allowed, 4th in 3rd down %, 2nd in T.O.P.

Just from what was easily available on NFL.com.

I don't know how much more people want from a defense. This one has been better than pretty good.....

Obviously the Pats are favored in this game for a reason, they have had an incredible ride and for the most part they have played really good defense along the way but...Pats fans everywhere had better hope that their team is not as over-confident about their impending date with history as some of the Pats fans on this board.

As good as their defensive stats for the regular season were overall, let's look at things a little closer. Let's look at 6 of their last 8 games. The 2 we will throw out are the week 15 & 16 games against the Jets & Dolphins. We will throw those games out because, well because those teams suck and just about anyone would have looked good playing them.

But the other 6 opponents they faced in that 9 week span were San Diego, Jax, The Giants, Pittsburgh, Baltimore & Philly. And 2 of those teams, Philly & Baltimore, while formidable teams every year, were actually having bad seasons.

But never-the-less, despite allowing an average of only 288 yards and 17 points a game for the entire regular season, in the games against these 6 opponents, all of which have been played within the last 9 weeks, the Pats have given up an average of 348 yards and more than 21 points per game.

An important thing to mention, at this point, is that they did WIN all of those games. I am not trying to take anything away from their season, I am just pointing out that their opponents in those games had opportunity. They moved the ball and but for a play here or a play there the Pats could have easily dropped 1 or more of those games along the way.

Now, not to sound like Yogi Berra, but the only thing it takes to ruin an undefeated season is 1 defeat, even if that defeat comes in the last game possible. And the Giants have already proven that they can play with the Pats. And if the Patriots players share in the blind over-confidence of some of their fans then it very well could be the Giants that win it all in the Super Bowl.

Edited by Jrick35

you guys can gimme this "well thers only two teams to pick" or "why is anyone picking the giants a gloryhound"? crap....but i agree with the guy...its easy for these guys to come out with a catchy headline and a picture of eli manning to sell their article....and sure after the giants lose....dr z will trot a mailbag(reading dr z gives me a headache...i cant even make it through one of his pieces...i dont give a sh1t about your rugby matches,wine tasting, your redheaded wife) and hell take his little heat from emailers for a week..and admit he was wrong....but wheres the acountability from his bosses...its like how does skip bayless have a friggin job...if you had to wager your checking account on one team with the money line, who would it be? thats who u should pick

.but wheres the acountability from his bosses.

:wacko: OK, let's fire sports reporters who pick the wrong team. Sounds like a fine plan. Let's crucify guys for having an opinion because they either don't agree with you or pick the wrong team. I mean, seriously, how exactly should they be held accountable? I'd really like to hear an answer from you. TIA.

but for a play here or a play there the Pats could have easily dropped 1 or more of those games along the way.

That's just it, though. They didn't drop one or more of those games.

Again, I am not trying to say the Giants have no chance. I think they have a good chance to win the game. What I am saying is that this team has one of the top defenses in the league.

You can cherry pick games, ignore this game and that because it suits your argument, but the numbers of what they accomplished for the season are still very good.

:wacko: OK, let's fire sports reporters who pick the wrong team. Sounds like a fine plan. Let's crucify guys for having an opinion because they either don't agree with you or pick the wrong team. I mean, seriously, how exactly should they be held accountable? I'd really like to hear an answer from you. TIA.

i didnt say you should fire a guy based on one game im saying...these guys get a free ride...i highly doubt their bosses are going back over their body of work for a year and looking at how accurate they are....these guys have access to players and sources...its pretty easy to keep bosses happy by name dropping and talking about how this source told u this and that.....but what insight can u bring? if you watch skip bayless on whatever that espn show is hes on there during the aftneroon....hes horrible...and more than half the predictions he makes come out to be dead wrong....just because the guy goes against the grain and can infuriate people...does that make him a good sportswriter? theres too much devils advocate going on in sports talk radio and journalism