[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heath Ledger

justin

Its actually sad that this happened. You can say he had the world at his feet and a small child and that may be true but who knows what was going on in his head. Drugs doesnt discriminate against the rich or poor. I happened to like this guy. He had a likeable way about him.. RIP Heath and prayers to the family he left behind

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... really into the ghey stuff huh? :D

That's gonna be his signature role, but his channeling of Val Kilmer for Skip in Lords of Dogtown was fun, and he was pretty good supporting in Monster's Ball as well.

well, first and foremost, any suicide (assuming that is what we're looking at) is absolutely heartbreaking, all the more so when little ones are left behind :D

Reports coming out now say it wasn't a suicide - more likely an accidental overdose; he had jet lag on top of pneumonia, took more than the recommended dose of pills and probably washed it down with some booze.

Now, I'm not sure if death by stupid is more or less heartbreaking than suicide. :D

Its actually sad that this happened. You can say he had the world at his feet and a small child and that may be true but who knows what was going on in his head. Drugs doesnt discriminate against the rich or poor. I happened to like this guy. He had a likeable way about him.. RIP Heath and prayers to the family he left behind

It's not the drugs fault and it's not their place to discriminate. It's the person that makes the choice, not the drug. Who knows what happened and how he got to this point, but however he did was by his own choices. It can be hard to have too much sadness for someone that had virtually everything people wish for and then cast it aside. I just shake my head in disbelief.

Health and prayers to the family he left behind, and I have sadness for them.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Reports coming out now say it wasn't a suicide - more likely an accidental overdose; he had jet lag on top of pneumonia, took more than the recommended dose of pills and probably washed it down with some booze.

Now, I'm not sure if death by stupid is more or less heartbreaking than suicide. :D

Death by stupid is more sad....JMO

It's not the drugs fault and it's not their place to discriminate. It's the person that makes the choice, not the drug. Who knows what happened and how he got to this point, but however he did was by his own choices. It can be hard to have too much sadness for someone that had virtually everything people wish for and then cast it aside. I just shake my head in disbelief.

Health and prayers to the family he left behind, and I have sadness for them.

I see where you are coming from and know its the people that chose to do the drugs but my point is once you let it into your life in a big way it doesnt matter how much money or fame you have . Depression, pressure , etc is all relative.

I'm Just curious. Why dont you quote a post in the way that we can see the person whose post it is ? I always wanted to ask you that.

I've seen H8 asked this before...I'm sure Big John remembers who? (maybe cliaz?)

Too bad about Heath Ledger. Like Nick said, seeing someone with just about everything seeminlgy going for him and the life that most of us would die for...er...well, you know what I mean, is just sad.

but calling him mediocre as an actor just means you are misinformed....because this could be labeled "opinion"...but him being above mediocre should be obvious...

uhh, his best role was taking it up the poop chute. knight's tale? patriot? if you think that is "above mediocre" acting, then more power to ya, but i'm gonna have to disagree.

he was supposed to be in the 3rd Batman...after The Dark Knight...

wonder what happens now..

this sucks..he's a really good actor..

Do you good people even read what's written in these threads, or just respond and move on? About 6 posts before you asked this question, the question was already answered.

As to Ledger, meh, I don't have much sympathy for death by suicide or stupid when you have a child that needs a father. Sympathies to the family.

knight's tale? patriot? if you think that is "above mediocre" acting, then more power to ya, but i'm gonna have to disagree.

Once again, I have to agree here. The Patriot was just a lame remake of Braveheart with muskets and he certainly did little to rise above that. Knight's Tale was a freaking paycheck, no more no less.

I think he was solid in Monster's Ball and didn't see Brokeback but unlike other actors who got their start based on their looks, I never saw him rise much above that.

Not saying he was awful and senseless death is very unfortunate but I'd feel much worse about postman getting hit by a truck and dying or something. This looks like a guy who was OK but not great at what he did, got to where he was on his looks, and then jerked it all away.

Just read that the autopsy was inconclusive. I'm not sure what sort of tests they do but I would assume they immediately check for drugs so God only knows what he died of right now. The media reports about sleeping pills and everyone is ready to condemn him as an addict. I'd wait to see what it truly is before passing judgement.

Just read that the autopsy was inconclusive. I'm not sure what sort of tests they do but I would assume they immediately check for drugs so God only knows what he died of right now. The media reports about sleeping pills and everyone is ready to condemn him as an addict. I'd wait to see what it truly is before passing judgement.

his wife left him because of his heroin addiction.

I think he was solid in Monster's Ball and didn't see Brokeback but unlike other actors who got their start based on their looks, I never saw him rise much above that.

I'm glad you give an opinion even though you admit that you don't really have any grounds to base your opinion.

I'm glad you give an opinion even though you admit that you don't really have any grounds to base your opinion.

What are you talking about? I saw him in The Patriot, Knight's Tale, Monster's Ball, and as much of 10 things I hate as I could tolerate (not much, mind you but we can blame that as much on Julia Stiles being about as unwatchable as any actress alive, whatever). So I didn't see Brokeback. Explain how that equates to not having any grounds to base my opinion?

People are pointing to Monster's Ball as one of his strong roles. Really? Like all 10 minutes he was on screen?

Like I said, I don't think he was a bad actor. I'm just saying that I saw him in a few things and was never particularly impressed.

Is this topic closed to anyone who has not seen everything he ever did?

uhh, his best role was taking it up the poop chute. knight's tale? patriot? if you think that is "above mediocre" acting, then more power to ya, but i'm gonna have to disagree.

I don't care for Smokeback at all...and just because those movies weren't very good doesn't mean he didn't perform well...

he did well in Lords of Dogtown and the Patriot...

never seen a knights tale...