[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tooth Fairy question...

irish

My 6 yr old son lost his first tooth today, well I sort of helped it out after watching him use his tongue to play with it all day. Any way he was all pumped up about leaving it under his pillow for the Tooth Fairy to come get it and leave money. He told me that he can't wait because one of the special things she leaves is a quarter (where he got that from I don't know?). So of course a quarter will be part of what I leave for him. However, I wanted to ask you all if you did/do or plan on doing the Tooth Fairy bit with your kids and what you left or would leave in place of the collected tooth?

We leave a magic dollar for each tooth..Its good for a toy of their choice within reason

That's an interesting and fresh idea that I've never heard of before.

We always left a five spot under the pillow. My now 17 year old pretended to believe in the tooth fairy until she was about 12 years old. :wacko:

That's exactly how much I left plus the quarter. I have to tell you, it was a pretty exciting day just because of how nuts he was in anticipation of the Tooth Fairy coming. I didn't expect it to be such an event.

Tooth fairy came on Christmas eve this past year for my daughters first tooth, so she was super excited for her to meet Santa........She got a five spot, but was later told by Puddy's son he got ten! I wanted to explain to her that I don't make uncle Puddy's kind of cheddar , but that would have blew the whole tooth fairy thing :wacko:

Edited by ChuckB

Tooth fairy came on Christmas eve this past year for my daughters first tooth, so she was super excited for her to meet Santa........She got a five spot, but was later told by Puddy's son he got ten! I wanted to explain to her that I don't make uncle Puddy's kind of cheddar :D

:moon: The double whammy all in one night!!

Hell my mother showed up tonight after I called and told her of the event and she gave my son $50. :wacko: I was like damn, now what am I going to do. I gotta give money as the TF and top the monetary amount my mother gave as his father, no? :D

:D The double whammy all in one night!!

Hell my mother showed up tonight after I called and told her of the event and she gave my son $50. :wacko: I was like damn, now what am I going to do. I gotta give money as the TF and top the monetary amount my mother gave as his father, no? :D

Nope, she's the grandma she's allowed to spoil them.......and if that's the case I'll yank one of mine out and send it to you.........My daughter got some extra flow from the fam as well.

Tooth fairy came on Christmas eve this past year for my daughters first tooth, so she was super excited for her to meet Santa........She got a five spot, but was later told by Puddy's son he got ten! I wanted to explain to her that I don't make uncle Puddy's kind of cheddar , but that would have blew the whole tooth fairy thing :wacko:

so did you tell uncle puddy to suck it?

My five year old son lost his first tooth just the other day. I had heard about other parents leaving 5 dollar bills for their kids teeth. That seemed a bit excessivce to me, particularly since my son doesn;t even appreciate the value of money yet. He got a shiny new Thomas Jefferson silver (gold)dollar.

Edited by billay

Damn inflation has it the TF also. Way back when I lost a tooth it was a quarter, by the time my kids came along it was a dollar. Now they make it worth the trouble $5-$10, I would have been yanking my teeth out.

At our house, the tooth fairy left $5 for the first tooth only. As the first tooth it was "extra magic". All subsequent teeth were $1.

And yes, my 12 year old is still milking us for this cash. :wacko: I think he just lost his last baby tooth, phew.

I could never find the damn tooth under the pillow. So the first time the tooth fairy didn't leave anything, I told my kids I intercepted her and outbid her on the tooth. That way I could keep them and if I wanted to sell them later I could.

Then I gave them $1.00 for the tooth.

They absolutely bought it. Made it a lot easier on me as well. In the ensuing years, they would bjust bring thier teeth to me, and I would look over them, and offer them cash.

One time, my daughter asked to see her teeth I'd been buying. I told her I sold them all back ot the tooth fairy, as she was running behind and knew I had them stockpiled. She thought that was really funny.

I have similar deals with Santa and the Easter Bunny. :-D

Of course they are too old now, but when they were younger, they ate it up.

Edited by cre8tiff

Being a fairy question , I would think you already knew the answer.

I could never find the damn tooth under the pillow. So the first time the tooth fairy didn't leave anything, I told my kids I intercepted her and outbid her on the tooth. That way I could keep them and if I wanted to sell them later I could.

Then I gave them $1.00 for the tooth.

They absolutely bought it. Made it a lot easier on me as well. In the ensuing years, they would bjust bring thier teeth to me, and I would look over them, and offer them cash.

One time, my daughter asked to see her teeth I'd been buying. I told her I sold them all back ot the tooth fairy, as she was running behind and knew I had them stockpiled. She thought that was really funny.

I have similar deals with Santa and the Easter Bunny. :-D

Of course they are too old now, but when they were younger, they ate it up.

:wacko:

Witht he huddle awards coming up, this one could win an award.

Being a fairy question , I would think you already knew the answer.

I do already know the answer as you taught me everything I know. But I was hesitant to admit this fact as I didn't want to ruin the tough guy persona you have created in some people's minds here. :D

I have a quick question...What do you do with the tooth?? Keep it for posterity??

I don't have to worry about this for two more years but would like to know.....

I'm keeping it but I'm thinking that it's going to fall apart.

Edited by irish

:D

I do already know the answer as you taught me everything I know. But I was hesitant to admit this fact as I didn't want to ruin the tough guy persona you have created in some people's minds here. :D

:wacko: Persona? Have you seen his MH pic? Man, you are a piece of work.

I'm keeping it but I'm thinking that it's going to fall apart.

As opposed to your tool persona ,huh?

As opposed to your tool persona ,huh?

Now see if I responded like that after someone joked around with me, I'd be told I was a tool for over-reacting and dancing like a senseless monkey. So, I guess we're cut from the same cloth, huh? :wacko:

Now see if I responded like that after someone joked around with me, I'd be told I was a tool for over-reacting and dancing like a senseless monkey. So, I guess we're cut from the same cloth, huh? :wacko:

Irish, you and I have nothing in common. I finally read one of you posts after months of ignoring you. My mistake.

Irish, you and I have nothing in common. I finally read one of you posts after months of ignoring you. My mistake.

Hey NSab, I started this thread to discuss how to handle my son's first tooth falling out. You read the thread, had no input about the topic at hand, instead took a little stab at me with your funny little fairy joke, I joked back and now you're annoyed? Come on brother, that's not cool. You don't have to get all serious now telling me how you and I aren't anything alike. I know that, I've seen pictures and heard stories. I know that we couldn't be more opposite if we tried and I'm fine with that. I'd be killed by fellow huddlers if I responded the way you have here. :D

Sorry for joking back. My mistake. I guess I should've acted like a tool when you made the fairy comment, this way we could've had a classic pile-on. Damned if you do...damned if you don't. :wacko:

Edited by irish

:wacko: Persona? Have you seen his MH pic? Man, you are a piece of work.

Read one post above this one.