[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have the New Blood of Stand Up Comedy

BiggieFries

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

totally agree on lewis black

starbucks

BTW, dude ate at my restaurant a week or two ago. I wasn't there but my manager told me the next day. The waiter said he was a bit of a jerk (not 100% shocking since that's pretty much his schtick). None the less, my manager said he was quite complimentary when he left.

Also, this other, very young looking guy who was talking about some crazy stuff. He does the rant about Google. Where he's pissed because his girlfriend goes to look up something like "Apples", and it auto-fills "Asian Anal Pron" the nanosecond she types the first letter. He seemed to mostly talking about things that you should feel guilty about finding funny.

That's Daniel Tosh. He's a funny guy.

Don't really care about that department. There are other, far more important, departments to concern ourselves with when it comes to her.

She's top 5 in my book easily.

Believe me, I'm not particularly interested in that department when it comes to her either. My point was simply that, just because Dane was able to pull that doesn't speak to the fact that he's a comic genius.

That said, I thought his most recent special was funny the time I saw it. Frankly, it surprised me because I hadn't seen much else of his that I found funny.

Dane Cook=not funny but loud and energetic=college age appeal=sold out venue=lottsa $$.

Love Gaffigan. His Christmas/Easter/Catholic pieces are hilarious. :wacko:

And if you like drug-addled and crispy, don't forget Richard Pryor. He was revolutionary when he first hit.

While flipping through the channels last night, I came upon Bob Sagit's stand-up comedy "special" on HBO. My wife made a couple of comments about how bad he is (not funny). Thinking that it can't be that bad, I watched about 5-10 minutes of it. She was right.... he's horrible... I find no humor in someone standing on stage and saying "F-ck" every five seconds. What I really don't understand is that the entire audience was rolling with laughter. Maybe they were all severely hammered.... No, I don't even think that would do it. Maybe the staff at the venue slipped some sort of drug into everyone's drinks that makes them laugh uncontrollably... I don't know.

His stuff is simply not funny at all. Why people find it funny, I have no idea. Maybe it's that they just can't believe that some loser whose only two "accomplishments" on TV were being the dad on a family show 15+ years ago and hosting America's Funniest Videos (another family show) could be so raunchy. Whatever. Why it's on HBO, I'm not sure, but it doesn't entirely surprise me because it's not the first time I've run across some pretty bad comedy on HBO. If it wasn't for the occasional great series that comes out (Six Feet Under, Rome, Big Love, etc.), I would just cancel (especially now that The Sopranos are done).

Agree about Dane Cook, by the way... just another goofy white guy who is not very talented. Not a terrible actor, necessarily, but his stand-up (from what I've seen) is less than mediocre.

• 3 weeks later...