[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A profession other than what you currently do

whomper

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garment business.

If you lived in China this would be a great answer. This whole industry is going there fast. Our country lifted quotas on Chinese textiles and garments a few years ago and its been downhill ever since

If you lived in China this would be a great answer. This whole industry is going there fast. Our country lifted quotas on Chinese textiles and garments a few years ago and its been downhill ever since

Yeah, I know.

I was just razzing you a little because we've had this discussion before about what you'd really like to be doing.

FWIW - Most of the highly creative projects are usually granted to the higher ups and the creative director. You'd probably be writing copy for 10 sec segments or 1/4 page ads in the obit section initially.

FYI - I still have your name in the pot if I ever need a copywriter that wants to take a crack at something. :wacko:

Yeah, I know.

I was just razzing you a little because we've had this discussion before about what you'd really like to be doing.FWIW - Most of the highly creative projects are usually granted to the higher ups and the creative director. You'd probably be writing copy for 10 sec segments or 1/4 page ads in the obit section initially.

FYI - I still have your name in the pot if I ever need a copywriter that wants to take a crack at something. :wacko:

Why do you think I threw 2 ideas in my main post ? Boss..Any contacts in NY ? Sir. You know Ill bring KG a cup of coffee every morning

Edited by whomper

Dude - as much as you and I disagreed on things earlier in the year on the whole injury thing (still feel the same as I did ---- debate anyone??), These are the very two things that first popped into my head as well. Then I read your post and wondered if I'd already responded to this thread and had forgotten. :wacko:

We're practically birds of a feather. :D

Yeah, China is big, but you'll see a lot more Vietnam ... and soon.

I'm actually doing it-dog trainer.

I made good money at my previous job and saved and saved and saved so I could do this. I don't have to work at all, but love what I do. It's hard to make a good living at it.

It doesn't pay well, especially since I give out some of my service for free-but it's fun. Last year I netted about $21 an hour and worked about 18 hours a week-about 5 hours more a week than I really want to. If I didn't give out free advice or give discounts to low income folks I'd make about $30 an hour probably. I bill myself out at $60 an hour. I just gave myself a raise-last year I was $50 an hour. This is still below the industry standard which is $75-$150 an hour.

Yeah, China is big, but you'll see a lot more Vietnam ... and soon.

We already ship to a lot of factories there. You're right

and here comes india as well

India is great with the detailed beaded embellished stuff. Their quality is a little shaky though.

Always wanted to work in sports... probably a scout... something where I could travel and see small-town America.

I recently added owning/operating a bar as a dream job.

And way back when, I was somewhat close to starting the intense interview process with the CIA. I had thought that would be dream job esque.

However, I can't complain with what I have now. I'm in an industry I enjoy, get to travel, and most importantly, set my own schedule. And as the cherry on top, I get to dabble in the sports industry a bit.

I recently added owning/operating a bar as a dream job.

I'd like to do this. Or a pub. And have talked with Bier about a BBQ joint.

But, a good friend of mine and his business partner are trying to get a nightclub opened up and a sports bar as well near Rochester, but are having problems getting the liquor licenses etc. I told him he needs to grease the palms of higher ups, not the low level schleps.

I'd like to do this. Or a pub. And have talked with Bier about a BBQ joint.

But, a good friend of mine and his business partner are trying to get a nightclub opened up and a sports bar as well near Rochester, but are having problems getting the liquor licenses etc. I told him he needs to grease the palms of higher ups, not the low level schleps.

Yup, he needs to "hire" somebody to "help" him out...

GEORGE: I like sports. I could do something in sports.

JERRY: Uh-huh. Uh-huh. In what capacity?

GEORGE: You know, like the general manager of a baseball team or something.

JERRY: Yeah. Well, that - that could be tough to get.

GEORGE: Well, it doesn't even have to be the general manager. Maybe I could be like, an announcer. Like a color man. You know how I always make those interesting comments during the game.

JERRY: Yeah. Yeah. You make good comments.

GEORGE: What about that?

JERRY: Well, they tend to give those jobs to ex-ballplayers and people that are, you know, in broadcasting.

GEORGE: Well, that's really not fair.

JERRY: I know. Well, okay. Okay. What else do ya like?

GEORGE: Movies. I like to watch movies.

JERRY: Yeah. Yeah.

GEORGE: Do they pay people to watch movies?

JERRY: Projectionists.

GEORGE: That's true.

JERRY: But you gotta know how to work the projector.

GEORGE: Right.

JERRY: And it's probably a union thing.

GEORGE: (scoffs) Those unions. (sighs) Okay. Sports,...movies. What about a talk show host?

JERRY: Talk show host. That's good.

GEORGE: I think I'd be good at that. I talk to people all the time. Someone even told me once they thought I'd be a good talk show host.

JERRY: Really?

GEORGE: Yeah. A couple of people. I don't get that, though. Where do you start?

JERRY: Well, that's where it gets tricky.

GEORGE: You can't just walk into a building and say " I wanna be a talk show host."

JERRY: I wouldn't think so.

GEORGE: It's all politics.

JERRY: All right. Okay. Sports, movies, talk show host. What else?

GEORGE: This could have been a huge mistake......

In no certain order and not a complete list ... off the top of my head:

College professor

Vintage baseball card collector / dealer

Drive earth moving equipment (bulldozer, bobcat, road grader, etc)

Movie actor (no TV)

Author -- philosophical musings and/or little kids books

Architect

Tree trimmer

NFL team capologist