[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Wife's ebay auction

KevinL

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She didn't make my question public. :wacko:

Dear kjlandis,

Does this auction include the Holy Tartar Sauce as well?

-atomicceo

Dear atomicceo,

Sorry, no. That was already auctioned off with a fish stick with the image

of Jesus on it, wasn't it?

-kjlandis

Well, thankfully the article turned out to not be a hatchet-job (although to be honest, this whole scenario makes your wife out to be a bit of a loon).

Holy fish sticks!

Lisa Roberson | The Chronicle-Telegram

Elyria woman puts her frozen ‘Good Friday find’ on eBay

ELYRIA — A biblical parable commands people to be fishers of men, but one Elyria woman is taking the message a little bit further.

Victoria Landis is fishing for a miracle.

On the online auction web site, eBay, Landis, 38, has placed for bid three fish stick crosses that she said resemble “a perfect little model of the hill of Calvary.”

Landis doesn’t want her “Good Friday Miracle Fish Sticks” to see a hint of stove action this week — or ever.

Instead, she wants someone to see what she sees — priceless works of art — and buy the finger foods so Landis can use the proceeds to buy a new van for her family of nine. That’s where the miracle part comes in, she said.

“You can pray for stuff, but sometimes you have to work with what God gives you,” Landis said. “The way I see it, God gave me fish sticks. If we get a van, that’s great. If not, then at least I tried.”

The box of fish sticks was purchased in February from the Super Wal-Mart at Chestnut Commons and stayed in Landis’ freezer for weeks. That was until two weeks ago when she opened the box, dumped the contents and got ready to cook dinner. When the first fish stick cross fall out of the box, she thought it was no big deal — just a packaging fluke.

After a few shakes, two more fish stick crosses tumbled out.

“I was like, ‘Wow,’” Landis said. “I was raised Catholic so God is always fresh in my mind. When I saw those fish stick crosses fall out of the box, I immediately thought of Calvary Hill.”

This time of the year, Calvary Hill is in many people’s minds. It is the place where religious history places the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, a monumental event that will be celebrated this Friday — Good Friday.

“For Christians, the hill at Calvary, also known as the place of the skulls, has significant meaning because it’s the place Jesus Christ was to suffer the cruelest punishment ever — to die on the cross,” said Dennis Johnson, pastor of Fairfield Baptist Church. “It’s just outside the gates of the city of Jerusalem.”

The auction runs until 5 p.m. Wednesday. At that time, Landis, who attends Church of the Open Door, hopes to ship out the fish sticks in time for the lucky recipient to add them to their Easter holiday display. The buyer could pay up to $75 for the overnight shipping complete with dry ice packaging. Pick-up is free for anyone in the area.

Then, Landis hopes her Brady Bunch-like family will finally get the wheels they need. She had three children and her husband, Kevin, had three children when they married four year ago. The couple has another child together.

“With a family our size, a van is really the way to travel. Right now, everywhere we go, we go in two cars,” Landis said.

To bid on Victoria Landis’ fish sticks at www.eBay.com, search for: Good Friday Fish Sticks or item No. 270219896321.

There has been one bid of 99 cents as of 10 p.m. Monday. Auction closes 5 p.m. Wednesday.

I think it bears mentioning that in real life Mr. Brady was gay.

I'll give y'all credit for putting this out there, holy schnikes! Your wife has some large brass ones. Hopefully she purchased them on eBay and they aren't yours.

Q: If I stir these fish sticks in water will it turn into wine? Money well spent if it does. Mar-18-08

A: To my knowledge, these fish sticks have no wine making capabilities.

Hey Kev, maybe you should toss one in and find out. That would silence the non-believers :wacko:

by AIM from my wife:

don't tell anyone about channel 19

that's gonna be bad

they were really silly

they brought their own bag of fish sticks and spelled out BS

i said their fishsticks were just jealous of mine

then she had me look at the camera and say can momma turn this fish into a 15 seaater?

AIM part 2:

tell the huddle guys to be nice to me because i'm gonna read it.

i'm not that hot.

Even though I think your wife is a little loopy for selling fish sticks, she seems pretty laid back. She was crucified (pun intended) on the ebay questions and seemed to handle it well. I'm really hoping this works out for you guys.

Props to you Kev for letting the Huddlers in on this. I wouldn't of had the sack.