[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If I was ever going to do it

seminoles

So I'm home right now from school waiting to see when I'm going to get an X-Ray. In gymnastics today we were running and then jumping off a spring board onto a giant fluffy mat. There were also other various mats to land on if one were to overshoot the big one. Wellllll about a minute before I ran somebody took the various mats behind the big one to go do something else since nobody was coming close to overshooting the big mat. With my track star speed :D I was able to spring off the board, go flying through the air, and then realize I was about to land on hardwood :wacko:. Thankfully I tucked at the last second, saving my head but breaking my collarbone (that's what the school nurse said, I'll know for sure when I get the X-Ray.

So how did you break your first bone? If that isn't a good story then what is the most dramatic way you've broken a bone? I'm hoping it isn't broken since I wanted to keep my streak going!

Edited by seminoles

Ghey

It's special education gym that I help out with, but I am not defending myself since I do find gymnastics to be pretty cool if you're good at it. I wouldn't insult a really good gymnast as they would have the advantage unless you were on the football's line.

I have been electocuted, burned, nearly drowned and have been in accidents involving cars, a train, boats and motorcycles. But I have never broken a bone. I am sort of immortal in that one way.

Broke many bones the first time I broke a bone, falling off of a school building. I am sure that BJ will post a link to the story as it has been told here before. I was 11 when it happened

I have been electocuted, burned, nearly drowned and have been in accidents involving cars, a train, boats and motorcycles. But I have never broken a bone. I am sort of immortal in that one way.

No, you just have a lot of padding :wacko:

I've only broken one and it was my thumb, but I did it by driving a box staple through it with one of those preying mantis like box staplers.

I've had my nose broken and then hairline fractures in my ankle, finger, and ribs. All separate times and usually occurred in sports or fights.

My worst injuries were skull fractures when I was a kid. I use to try and jump anything an everything with my bike.

Apparently they have these things called helmets now.

Edited by twiley

Actually the only bone I have ever broke was my ankle. I had this bright idea when I was about 12ish of setting up some wooden steps in front of a saw horse and jumping off of them to dunk on a 10' basketball goal. It worked nice for a few tries. My mom came out and told me I was gonna get hurt, to which I just :wacko:. About five minutes later I ran up the steps again, went to step on the sawhorse and missed. My foot went in between the steps and sawhorse, but the rest of my body kept moving. I planted face first on the ground, but unforunately my leg was still stuck, and oddly enough bent at about a 90 degree angle.

The things you have to do to dunk when you are short.

A thumb playing street hockey. But stitches...............I'm over 125 right now. Had 75-80 after going thru a glass door in HS.

Get better, Semi! :wacko:

Same here minus the train, boat & motorcycle. I've had various degrees of cuts seriously bad abrasions, sprains etc. but the only things I've ever broken were my thumb & my tail bone. Broke my tail bone swinging off a rope swing. Got turned around while trying to jump off & landed backwards.

One of the oddest injuries I ever had was while push the lawnmower in the yard I ran it past a telephone pole with high grass around it. I didn't see the rusty, heavy gauge wire in the grass & the lawnmower shredded it into 1/2" length bits. I sat there for the next 30 minutes or so picking them out of my shins.

Edited by rajncajn

Fractured my ankle - finished playing football - did not put caste on it - hurts when weather changes and long runs (which I dont do anyway)

Tore my ACL and Meniscus snowboarding

Dislocated my shoulder

Heavily Bruised my tailbone (could not sit for longer then hr for almost a yr)

But I never did gymnastics...ghey +1 to that