[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best thing you've ever won

i_am_the_swammi

I was fortunate yesterday to answer a question correctly on a local sports radio show (Howard Eskin 610WIP), and won two awesome seats to the Flyers-Pens game next Tuesday. Hottest ticket in town, and I'll be in the Comcast Suite with all the hot-shots from the Philly area. Friggin' awesome.!

I have won some other things over the years: an autographed game-worn Reggie White jersey that hangs framed in my basement, tickets to see Madonna back in the late 80's when she was new (I took a cheerleader from our neighboring high school to the concert with me :wacko: ), and $1000 on a lottery scratch-off ticket when I was just out of college (got it as a gift from a co-worker for XMAS).

Got me thinking....what's the coolest thing(s) you've ever won?

I won a Honda 100 motorcycle when I was 10 years old. My dad did not want me riding the motorcycle so he used the engine and made it into a generator to power our cabin.

He was a smart man. I probably would of killed myself on the bike.

I was on a business trip in Dallas and we went to Cowboys...a rather large bar...which has a mechanical bull. We were watching and some HAWT little texan chicky bet my yankee arse that I couldn't stay on for 4 seconds at full speed. The bet we worked out was her for the night...or I go clean her whole apartment the next day. I stayed on for 4.2 seconds......SWEET!!!!!!

I still helped clean up afterward :wacko:

When I was really young my parents bought me a guitar at my request. I played it for a few months and then ignored it and I am not sure what happened to it. Then a few years later when I was in 8th grade I wanted to play again. I asked my parents too hook me up and they said no because they were tired of me asking for things and getting bored quickly. We went to a feast in jersey city and I bought a 50/50 ticket. I was standing right in front of the person when they called out the number. Bingo..My number hits . I used that money to buy a guitar and have been playing ever since. My parents had to cash the ticket because I was under 18

Edited by whomper

If you won a BGE, would that be a better prize than your wife's heart?

You cannot 'win' a BGE. Each person has challenges in life. Each person encounters adversity. In order to grow, one must examine one's own life. This is an arduous undertaking. A person must realize his weaknesses. He must acknowledge his fears and his faults. At some point, if one is dilligent, steadfast, and spirtual, he comes to understand that which is superfluous and that which is important and meaningful. It is then that the BGE is there. It is always there, just waiting

I've won a few cool things recently. Just four days ago, I won an Iron Man prize pack from KFAN. Consists of the new xbox 360 video game, a book of the movie :wacko:, an XL t-shirt, a big air pump nerf dart Iron Man gun with wall sticker targets, and an Iron Man mask with wrist plastic disk launcher weapon. My son thought it was his birthday! :D

I've also won a video game console from the grand opening of our local Kwik Trip gas station last year

The best though, was a couple of years ago being chosen as the Vikings' Lucky Charm. They (Vikings, KFAN, and General Mills) flew my wife and I out to Cincinnati, gave us some spending money, set us up in the team Hotel, and gave us tickets to the Vikes-Bengals game. We got our arses handed to us that game, but it was a blast. Oktoberfest was going on throughout the city right outside of our hotel that weekend. They also gave me some autographs and an authentic Vikings jersey. Pretty decent prize all in all!

You cannot 'win' a BGE. Each person has challenges in life. Each person encounters adversity. In order to grow, one must examine one's own life. This is an arduous undertaking. A person must realize his weaknesses. He must acknowledge his fears and his faults. At some point, if one is dilligent, steadfast, and spirtual, he comes to understand that which is superfluous and that which is important and meaningful. It is then that the BGE is there. It is always there, just waiting

So that's a 'yes', I take it. :wacko:

Some heresy for unateve.

hard to top taking the smackbowl prize ... :wacko:

and, of course, winning various fantasy leagues over the year, baseball and football.

only other thing that sticks out was winning a color TV during a monday night football half time raffle in a sports bar. that was big.

I won a gold medal in the cub scout paper airplane distance contest.

My hand-crafted paper airplane went clear across the school cafeteria and hit 3 feet high on the opposite wall.

It's flight was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.