[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IF Favre goes to Vikings . . .

PaulOttCarruth

From today's Milw. Journal-Sential, a comment from an NFL scout:

If Favre were to land with the Vikings, running back Adrian Peterson might be even better.

"If Brett looks the same way he did last year, you can't play eight in the box," the scout said. "Now you bring a quarterback that can do some damage against a three-deep, now they got balance. So the guy who will benefit will be Adrian Peterson. Now he will be running against seven in the box as opposed to eight. It's going to be tough."

As it stands now, that personnel man rates Dallas clearly as the No. 1 team in the NFC. With Favre, the scout would rate Minnesota on the same level.

So if Favre were to be dealt to the Purple, would Peterson move up your board? I gotta think it will not only help Peterson with more room to run, but it might also boost his receiving numbers and TDs as the offense promises to get that much better?

On the other hand, maybe with Favre under center, the team will be less compelled to run so much.

Why is everyone so sure that he'll be the same Favre as last year? His receivers are no where near what he had last year, it's a new team, different coaching staff, different surroundings. Peterson in my mind isn't the number 2 rb in the league until he can play 16 games and become more consistent.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Why is everyone so sure that he'll be the same Favre as last year? His receivers are no where near what he had last year, it's a new team, different coaching staff, different surroundings. Peterson in my mind isn't the number 2 rb in the league until he can play 16 games and become most consistent.

.... lol

Peterson needs to play with a QB. Preferably one that when he throws the ball downfield, it has a chance to land near a receiver with the same uniform color. (ok, I said HAS A CHANCE) Favre still has an arm to get it downfield. Peterson is facing 8 man fronts. Last year he was taken out during passing plays and if he's only in for running plays how long does it take for the defense to take notice? There's your consistency problem right there. For this year, expect him on the field more often during passing plays.

Anyone that wants to talk about the inconsistency of AD can have first dibs on chasing him around the corner or stopping him up the middle. The last thing you will be worried about his AD's health.

Edited by MikesVikes

Peterson needs to play with a QB. Preferably one that when he throws the ball downfield, it has a chance to land near a receiver with the same uniform color. (ok, I said HAS A CHANCE) Favre still has an arm to get it downfield. Peterson is facing 8 man fronts. Last year he was taken out during passing plays and if he's only in for running plays how long does it take for the defense to take notice? There's your consistency problem right there. For this year, expect him on the field more often during passing plays.

Anyone that wants to talk about the inconsistency of AD can have first dibs on chasing him around the corner or stopping him up the middle. The last thing you will be worried about his AD's health.

That all may be true, but I'd still rank Tomlinson ahead of Peterson, especially in PPR leagues.

What the hell does this have to do with anything? I'm not in the NFL, nor do I claim to be able to run him down. I'm talking about him being the no.1 FF player. He's only played one year and put up some insane games, and some dogfart games ie a 14 carries for 3 yards gem against the Niners, and then two more stellar appearances against the redskins and broncos to finish the season out. That added with his injury history dating back to Oklahoma, and I think he's got a ways to go. How can you look at his career and not be somewhat worried about his health? Did you follow him at OU? What about the bum shoulder he had to have surgery on around draft time last year? AD has never been associated with being an iron man. Not to mention that Chester Taylor will still see some touches each week. I think he's either the 3rd or 4th rb, which isn't a bad thing for a guy going into his second year. Do I think he's the no.1 right now? Absolutely not. Do I think he'll be there eventually, probably.

Why is everyone so sure that he'll be the same Favre as last year? His receivers are no where near what he had last year, it's a new team, different coaching staff, different surroundings. Peterson in my mind isn't the number 2 rb in the league until he can play 16 games and become more consistent.

You cant predict injuries. As far as consistency goes, he played 1 season and I hope he replicates that season again (minus the injury which you cant predict).

So I dont agree with you. From what we have seen ADP in the NFL I rank him #2.

Will Favre make him better is what the original poster is asking...(three dots) I think he will because Favre is better than Tavaris and that alone will make any RB better not just ADP.

Edited by MrTed46

An ellipsis contains three dots ...

wikipedia :wacko:

In internet chat rooms

The ellipsis is one of the favorite ungrammatical constructions of internet chat rooms, and has evolved over the past ten years into a staple of text-messaging. Though an ellipsis is technically complete with three periods (...), its rise in popularity as a "trailing-off" or "silence" indicator, particularly in mid-20th century comic strip and comic book prose writing, has led to expanded uses online. Today, extended ellipses of seven, ten, or even dozens of periods (...............) have become common constructions in internet chat rooms and text messages. Use of these extended ellipses to end sentences, indicate a pause in speech (a role typically assigned to the comma), or "bleep out" offensive words has made this one of the most versatile, if highly distracting, grammatical structures.[6]

Even more distracting is the hybridization of the traditional role of the comma to indicate a pause in speech with the (incorrect) use of the ellipses to fulfill the same function. This new construction, indicated by "elliptical commas" (,,, or, as above, ,,,,,,,,,,,,) has grown in popularity online, though no style journal or manual has yet (or is likely to) embrace it.[7]

What about those of us that had AD above LT to begin with??

To answer your question, it can't hurt. A better offense should create more TDs. More TDs should create more leads. More leads should mean AD gets more carries. Good, good and good.

I think he's either the 3rd or 4th rb. Do I think he's the no.1 right now? Absolutely not.

Probably sooner than later. He's closer to being the first RB than he is to being the 3rd or 4th best RB, imo. LT2 has the mileage, not AD.

I'm saying that if you ever saw AD in person, the word "fragile" wouldn't come to mind. (or if he was running directly in your direction)

Edited by MikesVikes

What about those of us that had AD above LT to begin with??

Well the first thing I'd say is that you're obviously not picking 1st. It's damned easy to say who should be picked ahead of LT if you're not the one doing the picking.

Probably sooner than later. He's closer to being the first RB than he is to being the 3rd or 4th best RB, imo. LT2 has the mileage, not AD.

I'm saying that if you ever saw AD in person, the word "fragile" wouldn't come to mind. (or if he was running directly in your direction)

+1000

There's a reason some call him Purple Jesus.

You cant predict injuries. As far as consistency goes,

So I dont agree with you. From what we have seen ADP in the NFL I rank him #2.

He's been injured throughout college and his only year in the NFL... You can't predict injuries, but you can certainly see trends, especially injuries in certain players. Those trends will lead you to probability.

I have seen him in person, and I don't see how his build makes him any less fragile, which is a word I didn't use. If you guys are going to completely ignore the fact that he has been injured frequently then we have no reason to even discuss anything. I also fail to see what him running in my direction has to do with anything. I never said I was a professional football player, and his being able to run me over doesn't make him any less injury prone. I think you homers are getting way too defensive.

You feelin' froggy? Jump! :wacko:

All Day is already lightyears ahead of LT. That's right! I said it. Suck on it haters! He gonna rock the FF world like a spankin Ninja Turtle yo! My prediciton... in every league, regardless of scoring Adrian Peterson will be the #1 scoring player by at least 500 points.

Leapfrog that! :buffalostance:

You feelin' froggy? Jump! :wacko:

All Day is already lightyears ahead of LT. That's right! I said it. Suck on it haters! He gonna rock the FF world like a spankin Ninja Turtle yo! My prediciton... in every league, regardless of scoring Adrian Peterson will be the #1 scoring player by at least 500 points.

Leapfrog that! :buffalostance:

Adding him to my keeper list. Thanks Savage. :D

An ellipsis contains three dots ...

I think that's true if it's sandwiched between two thoughts ... but if it's used to end a sentence or statement, I believe it's four....

I...think...you ...should...all...be...banned...for...this...discussion... :wacko:

Shouldn't this be in the fantasy advice board? :D

Edited by BigTen