[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is the most overrated rock band of all time?

millerx

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it because I was a fan...

But Nirvana for sure.

Never was so much attributed to a distortion pedal, three chords, and unintelligible lyrics. People, they didn't save rock and they didn't change the world. They were popular until the heroin guy offed himself.

That being said, I loved Bleach, Nevermind, and Hormoaning.

This might create a stir with the older Huddlers, but my vote goes to Pink Floyd. Now, I LOVE Floyd..don't get me wrong....for the first 2-3 minutes of the song. Its just too bad they never figured out how to end them without going on a complete acid trip.

This might create a stir with the older Huddlers, but my vote goes to Pink Floyd. Now, I LOVE Floyd..don't get me wrong....for the first 2-3 minutes of the song. Its just too bad they never figured out how to end them without going on a complete acid trip.

I guess the 6 billion people who have purchased their music over the years haven't got a clue... :wacko:

You have either missed the point or you have ADD or both.

But Nirvana for sure.

Never was so much attributed to a distortion pedal, three chords, and unintelligible lyrics. People, they didn't save rock and they didn't change the world. They were popular until the heroin guy offed himself.

:wacko:

If you want to hate on 3 chord bands, hate on the Stones.

But Nirvana for sure.

That being said, I loved Bleach, Nevermind, and Hormoaning.

:D

Rock music doesn't need to be ground breaking or studio polished to be great. I will agree that they didn't save rock as the anti-hair music was already on the way. They just helped make it arrive faster, bigger, and brighter. Isn't that what great rock is all about? :wacko:

I understand why the Beatles were so popular, the time, the world situation, the evolving "new liberalism' and free love, drugs, the 60s". But personally, I never "got it". There are very few of their songs I ever really liked and they have a large body of work to choose from. None of their songs would be in my own personal top 20. AND, I know how many albums they sold, blah, blah, blah.

I think they were more social icons as opposed to musical icons. JMHO :wacko:

K.I.S.S.

There's your answer people. Those guys were a freaking joke. I was flipping through channels the other night and came across some footage of them doing "I wanna rock and roll all night" live. Dude, that song is freaking horrible. Really, it is. Fine, rock and roll, party, I get it. Good fun indeed. But that song? HS Garage band dreck turned up loud and played by jerk-offs dressed up like cats.

Even when I was a kid I thought those guys were lame as hell.

U2

I suppose anyone who achieves near deity status (as Bono certainly has) has to be, by definition, overrated. However, U2 is rather undeniably great. This coming from someone who was sort of predisposed to hate on them. I wasn't all that into them back in the day and often greeted each new album with a healthy amount of skepticism, but not long ago I went to itunes and looked at some of the U2 collections they had. Those dudes have made a lot of really, really great music for a long, long time.

+1, and INXS

INXS? Overrated? They were just a fun band that, along with a bunch of other fun bands helped create the soundtrack to my HS years. I never thought of them as anything more than that. And I still enjoy it when their stuff is played.