[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

situation at home

dmarc117

so my wife works out at the gym down the street from us. they have a daycare where the little man goes when she is there. i am a huge cubs fan. so last week he starts saying that he likes the white sox, the white sox are cool, no likey the cubbies. im like, what the fruck is going on here. my wife then pops up saying there is some kid(worker) at the daycare that is telling him to root for the white sox. my son loves baseball and always has a cubs jersey on or cubs hat on. so this kid is doing it just to be a smart arse. im pissed. my wife thinks its nothing and says he can like whomever he wants. this is something i want to do with my son for the rest of our lives, go to games, watch them on tv. am i wrong to be pissed at this punk? i want to go over there and say something. she says no, i will embarrass myself. :D:D:wacko::D

I don't think it's that big of a deal. This is a temporary thing...Ultimately he'll probably fall in line with you and love the Cubs, especially as you take him to games over the years. Don't sweat it IMHO.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. This is a temporary thing...Ultimately he'll probably fall in line with you and love the Cubs, especially as you take him to games over the years. Don't sweat it IMHO.

youre probably right. he could root for anyone else, but the white sox??!?! oy vay!!!

Dont sweat it. In the end the influence from his dad will outweigh the influence of some kid at the gym. Your son probably just thinks its cool that an older kid is paying attention to him. The kid at the gym is just having a little fun. If there is ever a time that you are at the gym you might happen upon the older kid and say in a joking fashion"So this is the guy trying to sway my kid to the dark side" or something like that so the kid gets your drift.

We babysit the grandkid 2 weekends ago. We head over there to pick him up only to find him in a Redkins shirt. Ya know, it's not really child abuse to make a 4-month old baby ride back the 45 minutes in the car with no shirt on.

We babysit the grandkid 2 weekends ago. We head over there to pick him up only to find him in a Redkins shirt. Ya know, it's not really child abuse to make a 4-month old baby ride back the 45 minutes in the car with no shirt on.

How can you have a grandchild when you have no children? :wacko:

This reminds me of that old joke about the kid who goes to school in Colorado, and it's Broncos vs. Chiefs week, and the teacher asks the kids to raise their hands if they want the Broncos to win. Everyone raises their hand except Johnny. The teacher asks him "Johnny, don't you want the Broncos to win?"

And he says "No, maam. I'm a Chief's fan"

So the teacher says "Why are you a Chief's fan?"

And he replies "Well, my Daddy is a Chief's fan, and my Mommy is a Chief's fan."

So the teacher says "Well, if your Daddy was a drug dealer and you Mommy was a prostitute, what would that make you?"

And Johnny replies "In that case, I'd be a Raider's fan"

True, but...

Few if any here REALLY understand the Cub/White Sux thing. If they did the gun wavers around here would be lining you up w/ a S&W 50 cal or some such. This is prolly temporary and when he starts pre-school in your neighborhood all the kids will be Cub Fans. If this kid lives in your hood you should find out where he lives and paint a Sux logo on his front door. Within 24 hours he won't be living there anymore.

Edited by rocknrobn26