[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

< ouch >

Grits and Shins

this damn WII is going to cost me a lot more then I thought.

Sounds like the Star Wars stuff is a must as I know my kids will go crazy over that. I heard the Shaun White snowboard game is pretty damn cool. I'm sure there are the skate boarding games. I like the tennis, bowling is pretty good, baseball is ok, want to get the hockey also.

I want to get some of the Mario games as well.

Edited by chiefjay

I've got Mario kart and enjoy it. So does my 4-year old, though I can still beat him for now.

Guitar Hero is fun. My wife's cousins were playing Rock band this weekend and it looked like a lot of fun as well.

My 4-year old enjoyed the Batman Lego game.... he had played it with a friend so he got it for Christmas.

My arm is sore from bowling all weekend on the Wii the family received for Christmas.

What Wii games are the ones I just must get?

On that same bowling game should be golf. We love the golf in casa de Whomp. Boxing is on there as well. I like that alot .

The games I've liked so far:

Mario Kart

Super Mario Galaxy

The Simpsons Game

And I'm really looking forward to getting Shaun White and some upgraded golf game.

I got Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz for Christmas, and it has a ton of party-style mini games that were fun... but I haven't gotten too far into it yet. The party games are the real winners on the Wii with 4 wireless controllers.

Mario Party 8 is fun with a crowd that involves kids. The Super Smash Brothers games are high on my kids' list. I think they're sort of dumb looking, but they've gotten many hours of entertainment out of them.

We just got Wii Fit. I was rocking the hula hooping today. :wacko: Like the original Wii, the Wii Fit comes with a disk of basic sporty type things to do. A set each of strength, aerobic, yoga and balance exercises. Pretty fun. There's also skiing.

My oldest just got the World Tour Guitar Hero and he really loves that you can go into the 'studio' and make your own songs, etc.

I got WWII Aces for $15 at Target. It's okay...about worth $15. I haven't gotten too far, but you have to hold the controller very steady in order to fly straight. After awhile, your arm is more tired than bowling could ever make it. You have to bomb stuff and shoot down other airplanes. So far, I've only played 2 missions in campagn mode as Germany and killed the Pollacks without mercy. The Polish don't really shoot back and pretty much allow you to have your way with them. I can't wait to invade France and see what it's like to absolutely have no resistance. My main issue is I fly too low and hit these towers. It has no altimeter which is extra sucky as it's hard to judge your height.

I wouldn't recommend WWII Aces unless you have great patience. Kids would not have the attention span and they can't yet grow the Hitler mustache like I did in order to play.

Graphics are okay. I really couldn't see the Polish begging for mercy while I bombed their cities into oblivion and pillaged their wimmin and raped their livestock.

Edited by TimC

As far as physical motion it is just with the passing, and then running with the numchuck. Everything else is button

You also have to shake-free of tackles by shaking the numchuck hard, and you can juke potential tacklers with the right set of movements.

When you score a TD, you go into celebreation mode, where your player that scored mirrors your movements with the remote/numchuck.

very entertaining.

I am definitely addicted to Guitar Hero and I also find Wii Fit to be pretty entertaining as well. I can't find Mario Kart anywhere though :wacko:

E2A: Happy New Year Everyone!

Edited by Piles