[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just Kinda Sux

FWmaker

We're not one's to really decorate outside for the holidays too much. Just some simple lights. This year my wife bought two modest lawn ornaments. An 18.5" tall light-up penguin and an 18.5" tall light-up snowman.

So what happens? On Sat 12/27 after I walk dog in morning and before my wife returned from supermarket (more baking supplies), we noticed someone stole the ornaments. My neighbors decorations were intact.

What possesses people to stoop to this?

I didn't call the cops. My wife wanted to and later my family (mom, bro, sis & sis in-law) said I should've.

I couldn't believe the brazeness of the thief. It WAS in daylight.

Just makes me want to own a purty little firearm for just sort of this type of occasion.

Thank you, Mr. Dick. Happy Holidays and a Long Life.

I often wonder why it doesn't happen more to be honest, but either way it's f'd up! Sorry man, and I wouldn't have called the ploice either...like they are going to do anything about it.

I hate that chit. I had a small chainsaw-cut wood bear on our front porch, about 18" high or so. We called the bear Brian.....for fairly obvious reasons. One morning I went out to get the paper and Brian was gone. Apparently people cruise neighborhoods at night stealing whatever is not nailed down.

It's not the value of the item, it's the fact that some filthy turd has seen fit to trespass on to your property and take something of yours away. I wish I knew who it was, I'd set fire to their vehicle. :wacko:

Oh, and that sucks FW... maybe I'm crazy but I recall a story from earlier in the holiday season about another Huddler almost getting their lawn decorations nearly stolen. :wacko: Maybe they'll surface in this thread.

It was me I believe. Well, it happened to us. Fortunately they did not get away with anything and apparently have not returned.

I hate that chit. I had a small chainsaw-cut wood bear on our front porch, about 18" high or so. We called the bear Brian.....for fairly obvious reasons. One morning I went out to get the paper and Brian was gone. Apparently people cruise neighborhoods at night stealing whatever is not nailed down.

It's not the value of the item, it's the fact that some filthy turd has seen fit to trespass on to your property and take something of yours away. I wish I knew who it was, I'd set fire to their vehicle. :wacko:

Two wrongs don't make a right, Mr. Getevenpants.

Dude...you put a penquin in your front yard and expected it to stay there? :D

anyone seen twiley lately? :wacko:

Funny thing is, I PMd him last week!!!

I would have hacked it up and left it. Damn penguins, always trying to look important and all high n'mighty. :D

Speaking of stealing Christmas stuff.......anyone else see the story about the rash of baby Jesuses being stolen from manger lawn scenes?? They are starting to put those little chips/GPS locators in them.....just like tracking pets......LOL.

They caught a couple kids here via the tracking device. Stupid.

I really wish this was my biggest concern!

I hear ya dawg. I know it's probably not the place with the best memories... but if you ever need a break and want to come out and hang out for a few days, come on out to Austin and we'll hang out (finally!). Hope you're doing OK bro.

My apologies. I wasn't in the best mood the last few days. I didn't mean to trivialize other peoples problems!

I don't think anyone took it that way.

I mean hell, I wish this was my biggest concern as well. Doesn't make it suck any less or worse for FWMaker that I wish this was my biggest problem. In fact for that matter, I bet that FW would be way happy if this was his biggest problem.

Oh and I am with you FW. I would shoot them on the spot for stealing my penguin. :wacko:

I've decided that I just don't understand people. Or maybe I understand them too well. I've spent my entire life trying to do the right thing, make moral and ethical choices, and rely on the little things that I was taught as a kid to guide my way through this world. It's clear (to me anyway) that people don't really care about one another, would rather make shallow, crass decisions based on whatever fills their immediate gratification and really don't want that to change.

I really have lost my faith in the human race. Perhaps I'll just start working on an intelligent machine to wipe it out. Gotta be better than the alternative.